CTK English Mass – 22nd Sunday in Ordinary Time Year A (30 Aug 2026)
CTK English Mass – 22nd Sunday in Ordinary Time Year A (30 Aug 2026)
ENTRANCE HYMN
Fill
My House
1. Fill my house unto
the fullest.
Eat my bread and drink my wine
The love I bear is held from no one.
All I have and all I do I give to you.
2. Take my time unto
the fullest.
Find in me the trust you seek.
Take my hands to you outreaching.
All I have and all I do I give to you.
3. Christ our Lord,
with love enormous,
from the cross this lesson taught.
Love all men as I have loved you.
All I have and all I do I give to you.
4. Join with me, as one
in Christ love.
May our hearts al beat as one.
May we give ourselves completely
All I have and all I do I give to you.
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and
sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I
have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my
fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask
blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and
sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Lord Jesus Christ,
Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father: you take away the
sins of the world, have mercy on us. You take away the sins of the world,
receive our prayer. You are seated at the right hand of the Father, have mercy
on us.
For you alone are the Holy
One. You alone are the Lord. You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with
the Holy Spirit in the glory of God the Father. Amen.
Collect
Let us pray (pause)
God of might, giver of every good gift, put into our hearts the love of your name, so that, by deepening our sense of reverence, you may nurture in us what is good and, by your watchful care, keep safe what you have nurtured.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
1st
Reading – Jeremiah 20:7-9
You duped me, O LORD, and I let myself be duped; you were too strong for me, and you triumphed. All the day I am an object of laughter; everyone mocks me.
Whenever I speak, I must cry out, violence and outrage is my message; the word of the LORD has brought me derision and reproach all the day.
I say to myself, I will not mention him, I will speak in his name no more. But then it becomes like fire burning in my heart, imprisoned in my bones; I grow weary holding it in, I cannot endure it. – The Word of the Lord.
All: Thanks be to God.
Responsorial
Psalm – Psalm 63:2, 3-4, 5-6, 8-9
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
O
God, you are my God whom I seek; for you my flesh pines and my soul thirsts
like the earth, parched, lifeless and without water.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
Thus
have I gazed toward you in the sanctuary to see your power and your glory, for
your kindness is a greater good than life; my lips shall glorify you.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
Thus
will I bless you while I live;
lifting up my hands, I will call upon your name. As with the riches of a banquet shall my soul be satisfied,
and with exultant lips my mouth shall praise you.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
You
are my help, and in the shadow of your wings I shout for joy. My soul clings
fast to you; your right hand upholds me.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
2nd
Reading – Romans 12:1-2
I urge you, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God, your spiritual worship. Do not conform yourselves to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God,
what is good and pleasing and perfect. – The Word of the Lord.
All: Thanks be to God.
Alleluia
– cf. Ephesians 1:17-18
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
May the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ enlighten the eyes of our hearts, that we may know what is the hope that belongs to our call.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Gospel
– Matthew 16:21-27
Jesus began to show his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer greatly from the elders, the chief priests, and the scribes, and be killed and on the third day be raised. Then Peter took Jesus aside and began to rebuke him, "God forbid, Lord! No such thing shall ever happen to you." He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are an obstacle to me. You are thinking not as God does, but as human beings do."
Then
Jesus said to his disciples,
"Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. What profit would there be for one to gain the whole world
and forfeit his life? Or what can one give in exchange for his life? For the Son of Man will come with his angels in his Father's glory, and then he will repay all according to his conduct." – The Gospel of the Lord.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
Nicene Creed
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered
death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Prayer of
the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our prayer, we ask you
Lord, listen to our prayer
OFFERTORY
HYMN
I
am the Bread of Life (v. 1)
1. I am the bread of life, You who comes to Me shall not hunger
He who believes in Me shall not thirst. No one can come to Me, unless the Father beckons.*
* And I will raise you
up, and I will raise you up
And I will raise you up on the last day
2. The bread that I
will give, is My flesh for the life of the world
And if you eats of this bread you shall live for-ev-er, you shall live forever*
3. Unless you eat, of
the flesh of the Son of Man
And drink of His blood, and drink of His blood. You shall not have life within you*
4. I am the
resurrection, I am the life
if you believes in Me even if you die. You shall live forever *
5. Yes, Lord, I
believe, that you are the Christ
The Son of God, who has come in-to the world*
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
P✠: Pray, brethren
(brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the
almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the
praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy
Church.
P✠: The Lord be
with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
P✠: It is truly
right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
Sanctus
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
P✠: You are indeed
Holy, O Lord, the….
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his
Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his
disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
P✠: In a similar
way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks,
he gave it to his disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
P✠: The mystery of
faith.
All: When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup, we proclaim
your Death, O Lord, until you come again.
P✠: Therefore, as
we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
P✠: Through him,
and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: Deliver us,
Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by
the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all
distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus
Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours,
now and for ever.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look
not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her
peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and
ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Agnus Dei
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have
mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ,....
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes
away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
COMMUNION HYMN
O
God You Search Me
1. O God, you search
me, and you know me
All my thoughts lie open to your gaze
When I walk or lie down, you are before me
Ever the maker and keeper of my days
2. You know my resting
and my rising
You discern my purpose from afar
And with love everlasting, you besiege me
In every moment of life or death, you are
3. Before a word is on
my tongue, Lord
You have known its meaning through and through
You are with me beyond my understanding
God of my present, my past and future, too
4. Although your Spirit
is upon me
Still I search for shelter from your light
There is nowhere on Earth I can escape you
Even the darkness is radiant in your sight
5. For you created me
and shaped me
Gave me life within my mother's womb
For the wonder of who I am, I praise you
Safe in your hands, all creation is made new
On Eagle’s Wings
1. You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord
Who abide in His shadow for life
Say to the Lord, "My refuge, my rock in whom I trust!" *
* And He will raise you up on eagles' wings
Bear you on the breath of dawn
Make you to shine like the sun
And hold you in the palm of His hand
2. The snare of the fowler will never capture
you
And famine will bring you no fear
Under His wings your refuge, His faithfulness your shield *
3. You need not fear the terror of the night
Nor the arrow that flies by day
Though thousands fall about you, near you it shall not come *
4. For to His angels He's given a command
To guard you in all of your ways
Upon their hands they will bear you up
Lest you dash your foot against a stone *
And hold you, hold you in the palm of His hand
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray. …..
…..
All: Amen.
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
RECESSIONAL HYMN
Be Not Afraid
1. You shall cross the barren dessert,
but you shall not die of thirst.
You shall wander far in safety
though you do not know the way.
You shall speak your words in foreign lands
and all will understand.
You shall see the face of God and live. *
* Be not afraid. I go before you always.
Come follow me, and I will give you rest.
2. If you pass through raging waters in the
sea,
you shall not drown.
If you walk amid the burning flames,
you shall not be harmed.
If you stand before the power of hell
and death is at your side,
know that I am with you through it all. *
3. Blessed are your poor,
for the Kingdom shall be theirs
Blest are you that weep and mourn,
for one day you shall laugh.
And if wicked tongues insult and hate you all because of me,
Blessed, blessed are you! *
Prayer for the 80th
Anniversary of the Catholic Diocese of Hong Kong
Messengers of Hope
O Lord, You are the source of all blessings and you guide the
course of human history by your Providence.
With gratitude we thank you for the establishment of our Diocese
eighty years ago.
In the footsteps of our predecessors, we have steadfastly kept the
heritage of our Faith over the years and so have been able
to experience your unfailing help in the face of challenges;
to regain strength in our weakness;
to restore hope in our discouragement;
to look for your direction when we have lost our way.
As your children, may we always entrust ourselves to you in
humility. May we always respond to your calling for us to carry on our mission
to spread the Gospel and bear witness to our faith in Hong Kong, sowing the
seeds of love and hope while living in joy and peace.
We ask this in the name of your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen
Eat my bread and drink my wine
The love I bear is held from no one.
All I have and all I do I give to you.
Find in me the trust you seek.
Take my hands to you outreaching.
All I have and all I do I give to you.
from the cross this lesson taught.
Love all men as I have loved you.
All I have and all I do I give to you.
May our hearts al beat as one.
May we give ourselves completely
All I have and all I do I give to you.
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Let us pray (pause)
God of might, giver of every good gift, put into our hearts the love of your name, so that, by deepening our sense of reverence, you may nurture in us what is good and, by your watchful care, keep safe what you have nurtured.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
You duped me, O LORD, and I let myself be duped; you were too strong for me, and you triumphed. All the day I am an object of laughter; everyone mocks me.
Whenever I speak, I must cry out, violence and outrage is my message; the word of the LORD has brought me derision and reproach all the day.
I say to myself, I will not mention him, I will speak in his name no more. But then it becomes like fire burning in my heart, imprisoned in my bones; I grow weary holding it in, I cannot endure it. – The Word of the Lord.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
lifting up my hands, I will call upon your name. As with the riches of a banquet shall my soul be satisfied,
and with exultant lips my mouth shall praise you.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
I urge you, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God, your spiritual worship. Do not conform yourselves to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God,
what is good and pleasing and perfect. – The Word of the Lord.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
May the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ enlighten the eyes of our hearts, that we may know what is the hope that belongs to our call.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Jesus began to show his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer greatly from the elders, the chief priests, and the scribes, and be killed and on the third day be raised. Then Peter took Jesus aside and began to rebuke him, "God forbid, Lord! No such thing shall ever happen to you." He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are an obstacle to me. You are thinking not as God does, but as human beings do."
"Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. What profit would there be for one to gain the whole world
and forfeit his life? Or what can one give in exchange for his life? For the Son of Man will come with his angels in his Father's glory, and then he will repay all according to his conduct." – The Gospel of the Lord.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
1. I am the bread of life, You who comes to Me shall not hunger
He who believes in Me shall not thirst. No one can come to Me, unless the Father beckons.*
And I will raise you up on the last day
And if you eats of this bread you shall live for-ev-er, you shall live forever*
And drink of His blood, and drink of His blood. You shall not have life within you*
if you believes in Me even if you die. You shall live forever *
The Son of God, who has come in-to the world*
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
All my thoughts lie open to your gaze
When I walk or lie down, you are before me
Ever the maker and keeper of my days
You discern my purpose from afar
And with love everlasting, you besiege me
In every moment of life or death, you are
You have known its meaning through and through
You are with me beyond my understanding
God of my present, my past and future, too
Still I search for shelter from your light
There is nowhere on Earth I can escape you
Even the darkness is radiant in your sight
Gave me life within my mother's womb
For the wonder of who I am, I praise you
Safe in your hands, all creation is made new
Who abide in His shadow for life
Say to the Lord, "My refuge, my rock in whom I trust!" *
* And He will raise you up on eagles' wings
Bear you on the breath of dawn
Make you to shine like the sun
And hold you in the palm of His hand
And famine will bring you no fear
Under His wings your refuge, His faithfulness your shield *
Nor the arrow that flies by day
Though thousands fall about you, near you it shall not come *
To guard you in all of your ways
Upon their hands they will bear you up
Lest you dash your foot against a stone *
P✠: Let us pray. …..
All: Amen.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
but you shall not die of thirst.
You shall wander far in safety
though you do not know the way.
You shall speak your words in foreign lands
and all will understand.
You shall see the face of God and live. *
Come follow me, and I will give you rest.
you shall not drown.
If you walk amid the burning flames,
you shall not be harmed.
If you stand before the power of hell
and death is at your side,
know that I am with you through it all. *
for the Kingdom shall be theirs
Blest are you that weep and mourn,
for one day you shall laugh.
And if wicked tongues insult and hate you all because of me,
Blessed, blessed are you! *
Comments
Post a Comment