CTK English Mass – 17th Sunday in Ordinary Time Year A (26 Jul 2026)
CTK English Mass – 17th Sunday in Ordinary
Time Year A (26 Jul 2026)
ENTRANCE HYMN
Fill
My House
1. Fill my house unto
the fullest.
Eat my bread and drink my wine
The love I bear is held from no one.
All I have and all I do I give to you.
2. Take my time unto
the fullest.
Find in me the trust you seek.
Take my hands to you outreaching.
All I have and all I do I give to you.
3. Christ our Lord,
with love enormous,
from the cross this lesson taught.
Love all men as I have loved you.
All I have and all I do I give to you.
4. Join with me, as one
in Christ love.
May our hearts al beat as one.
May we give ourselves completely
All I have and all I do I give to you.
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and
sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I
have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my
fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask
blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and
sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Lord Jesus Christ,
Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father: you take away the
sins of the world, have mercy on us. You take away the sins of the world,
receive our prayer. You are seated at the right hand of the Father, have mercy
on us.
For you alone are the Holy
One. You alone are the Lord. You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with
the Holy Spirit in the glory of God the Father. Amen.
Collect
Let us pray (pause)
O God, protector of those who hope in you, without whom nothing has firm foundation, nothing is holy,
bestow in abundance your mercy upon us and grant that, with you as our ruler and guide, we may use the good things that pass in such a way as to hold fast even now to those that ever endure.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
1st
Reading – 1 Kings 3:5, 7-12
The LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream at night. God said, "Ask something of me and I will give it to you." Solomon answered: "O LORD, my God, you have made me, your servant, king to succeed my father David; but I am a mere youth, not knowing at all how to act. I serve you in the midst of the people whom you have chosen, a people so vast that it cannot be numbered or counted. Give your servant, therefore, an understanding heart to judge your people and to distinguish right from wrong. For who is able to govern this vast people of yours?"
The LORD was pleased that Solomon made this request. So God said to him: "Because you have asked for this— not for a long life for yourself, nor for riches, nor for the life of your enemies, but for understanding so that you may know what is right— I do as you requested. I give you a heart so wise and understanding that there has never been anyone like you up to now, and after you there will come no one to equal you.". – The Word of the Lord.
All: Thanks be to God.
Responsorial
Psalm – Psalm 119:57, 72, 76-77, 127-128, 129-130
R. Lord, I love your commands.
I
have said, O LORD, that my part is to keep your words. The law of your mouth is
to me more precious than thousands of gold and silver pieces.
R. Lord, I love your commands.
Let
your kindness comfort me according to your promise to your servants. Let your
compassion come to me that I may live, for your law is my delight.
R. Lord, I love your commands.
For
I love your commands more than gold, however fine. For in all your precepts I
go forward; every false way I hate.
R. Lord, I love your commands.
Wonderful
are your decrees; therefore I observe them. The revelation of your words sheds
light, giving understanding to the simple.
R. Lord, I love your commands.
2nd
Reading – Romans 8:28-30
Brothers and sisters:
We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose. For those he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, so that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined he also called; and those he called he also justified; and those he justified he also glorified. – The Word of the Lord.
All: Thanks be to God.
Alleluia
- Cf. Matthew 11:25
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Blessed are you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth; for you have revealed to little ones the mysteries of the kingdom.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Gospel
–
(Long Form) - Matthew 13:44-52
Jesus
said to his disciples: "The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure buried in
a field, which a person finds and hides again, and out of joy goes and sells
all that he has and buys that field. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a
merchant searching for fine pearls. When he finds a pearl of great price, he
goes and sells all that he has and buys it. Again, the kingdom of heaven is
like a net thrown into the sea, which collects fish of every kind. When it is
full they haul it ashore and sit down to put what is good into buckets. What is
bad they throw away. Thus it will be at the end of the age. The angels will go
out and separate the wicked from the righteous and throw them into the fiery
furnace, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth.
"Do you understand all these things?" They answered, "Yes." And he replied, "Then every scribe who has been instructed in the kingdom of heaven is like the head of a household who brings from his storeroom both the new and the old." – The Gospel of the Lord.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
OR
(Short Form) - Matthew 13:44-46
Jesus said to his disciples: "The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure buried in a field, which a person finds and hides again, and out of joy goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant searching for fine pearls. When he finds a pearl of great price, he goes and sells all that he has and buys it." – The Gospel of the Lord.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
Nicene Creed
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he
suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Prayer of
the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our prayer, we ask you
Lord, listen to our prayer
OFFERTORY
HYMN
Give
Thanks
Give thanks with a
grateful heart
Give thanks to the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son
Give thanks with a
grateful heart
Give thanks to the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son
And now let the weak
say, "I am strong"
Let the poor say, "I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us"
And now let the weak
say, "I am strong"
Let the poor say, "I am rich
Because of what the Lord has dthone for us"
Give Thanks, Give
Thanks
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
P✠: Pray, brethren
(brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the
almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the
praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy
Church.
P✠: The Lord be
with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
P✠: It is truly
right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
Sanctus
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
P✠: You are indeed
Holy, O Lord, the….
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his
Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his
disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
P✠: In a similar
way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks,
he gave it to his disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
P✠: The mystery of
faith.
All: When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup, we proclaim
your Death, O Lord, until you come again.
P✠: Therefore, as
we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
P✠: Through him,
and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: Deliver us,
Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by
the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all
distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus
Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours,
now and for ever.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look
not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her
peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and
ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Agnus Dei
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have
mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ,....
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes
away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
COMMUNION HYMN
Ask, and You Will Receive
* Ask and you will receive, seek and you will
find.
Knock and the door will be opened
For the love of the Lord has no end.
1. Is there any one here, when his son ask for
bread,
Would turn him away with a stone instead?
Is there any one here, when his child asks for meat,
Would give him a poisonous snake to eat? *
2. So then how could your Father in heaven
above,
Who knows so much more of the ways of love,
So then how could your Father refuse what is good,
When you ask in the name of the Son he loves? *
3. So whatever you ask you will always receive,
Whatever you seek you will always find.
For my Father will give to all those who believe,
In the Spirit of love that will never end. *
Suffer
Little Children
* Suffer little
children to come unto me,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Suffer little children to come unto me,
For theirs is the kingdom of the Lord.
1. There came unto him
children, little children,
That he might lay his hands upon them,
Pray for and bless them, children little children,
Gathered round our Lord. *
2. The disciples said:
children, little children
Leave the Master to His prayer
Be gone and stay not, children, little children
Gathered round the Lord. *
3. But Jesus said:
children, little children
Stay My blessing to receive
Forbid you not that, children, little children
Shall gather round the Lord. *
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray. …..
…..
All: Amen.
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
RECESSIONAL HYMN
What
are You Seeking?
1. What do you seek and
where will you find,
Life that’s worth living, is it in our time,
Or are we a people O so blind.
Searching for something we cannot find. *
* What are you seeking
and what will you find
Thrills for the moment, or real peace of mind?
Christ is the answer we now recommend.
But what are you seeking, my friend?
2. I’ve got something I
want you to know
I’ve found a friend who loves me so,
A God who loves all men mighty and small;
He’s my Lord, He’s my friend, He’s my all. *
3. When this world lets
me down in every way,
He’s always by my side each and everyday,
He’s there when I need Him for ever to stay.
For He shows me the rich life today. *
4. Yet there is
something the world needs ot know;
There’s more to life than just come and go;
There’s a God to face on that very great day,
So be sure that you choose the right way. *
Prayer for the 80th
Anniversary of the Catholic Diocese of Hong Kong
Messengers of Hope
O Lord, You are the source of all blessings and you guide the
course of human history by your Providence.
With gratitude we thank you for the establishment of our Diocese
eighty years ago.
In the footsteps of our predecessors, we have steadfastly kept the
heritage of our Faith over the years and so have been able
to experience your unfailing help in the face of challenges;
to regain strength in our weakness;
to restore hope in our discouragement;
to look for your direction when we have lost our way.
As your children, may we always entrust ourselves to you in
humility. May we always respond to your calling for us to carry on our mission
to spread the Gospel and bear witness to our faith in Hong Kong, sowing the
seeds of love and hope while living in joy and peace.
We ask this in the name of your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen
Eat my bread and drink my wine
The love I bear is held from no one.
All I have and all I do I give to you.
Find in me the trust you seek.
Take my hands to you outreaching.
All I have and all I do I give to you.
from the cross this lesson taught.
Love all men as I have loved you.
All I have and all I do I give to you.
May our hearts al beat as one.
May we give ourselves completely
All I have and all I do I give to you.
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Let us pray (pause)
O God, protector of those who hope in you, without whom nothing has firm foundation, nothing is holy,
bestow in abundance your mercy upon us and grant that, with you as our ruler and guide, we may use the good things that pass in such a way as to hold fast even now to those that ever endure.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
The LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream at night. God said, "Ask something of me and I will give it to you." Solomon answered: "O LORD, my God, you have made me, your servant, king to succeed my father David; but I am a mere youth, not knowing at all how to act. I serve you in the midst of the people whom you have chosen, a people so vast that it cannot be numbered or counted. Give your servant, therefore, an understanding heart to judge your people and to distinguish right from wrong. For who is able to govern this vast people of yours?"
The LORD was pleased that Solomon made this request. So God said to him: "Because you have asked for this— not for a long life for yourself, nor for riches, nor for the life of your enemies, but for understanding so that you may know what is right— I do as you requested. I give you a heart so wise and understanding that there has never been anyone like you up to now, and after you there will come no one to equal you.". – The Word of the Lord.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. Lord, I love your commands.
R. Lord, I love your commands.
R. Lord, I love your commands.
R. Lord, I love your commands.
R. Lord, I love your commands.
Brothers and sisters:
We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose. For those he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, so that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined he also called; and those he called he also justified; and those he justified he also glorified. – The Word of the Lord.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Blessed are you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth; for you have revealed to little ones the mysteries of the kingdom.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
(Long Form) - Matthew 13:44-52
"Do you understand all these things?" They answered, "Yes." And he replied, "Then every scribe who has been instructed in the kingdom of heaven is like the head of a household who brings from his storeroom both the new and the old." – The Gospel of the Lord.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
(Short Form) - Matthew 13:44-46
Jesus said to his disciples: "The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure buried in a field, which a person finds and hides again, and out of joy goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant searching for fine pearls. When he finds a pearl of great price, he goes and sells all that he has and buys it." – The Gospel of the Lord.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
Give thanks to the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son
Give thanks to the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son
Let the poor say, "I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us"
Let the poor say, "I am rich
Because of what the Lord has dthone for us"
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Knock and the door will be opened
For the love of the Lord has no end.
Would turn him away with a stone instead?
Is there any one here, when his child asks for meat,
Would give him a poisonous snake to eat? *
Who knows so much more of the ways of love,
So then how could your Father refuse what is good,
When you ask in the name of the Son he loves? *
Whatever you seek you will always find.
For my Father will give to all those who believe,
In the Spirit of love that will never end. *
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Suffer little children to come unto me,
For theirs is the kingdom of the Lord.
That he might lay his hands upon them,
Pray for and bless them, children little children,
Gathered round our Lord. *
Leave the Master to His prayer
Be gone and stay not, children, little children
Gathered round the Lord. *
Stay My blessing to receive
Forbid you not that, children, little children
Shall gather round the Lord. *
P✠: Let us pray. …..
All: Amen.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
Life that’s worth living, is it in our time,
Or are we a people O so blind.
Searching for something we cannot find. *
Thrills for the moment, or real peace of mind?
Christ is the answer we now recommend.
But what are you seeking, my friend?
I’ve found a friend who loves me so,
A God who loves all men mighty and small;
He’s my Lord, He’s my friend, He’s my all. *
He’s always by my side each and everyday,
He’s there when I need Him for ever to stay.
For He shows me the rich life today. *
There’s more to life than just come and go;
There’s a God to face on that very great day,
So be sure that you choose the right way. *
Comments
Post a Comment