CTK English Mass –Palm Sunday Year A (29 Mar 2026)

CTK English Mass –Palm Sunday Year A (29 Mar 2026)
 
 
ENTRANCE HYMN
 
Hosanna
 
1. Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest
Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest
Lord we lift up Your name with hearts full of praise
Be exalted oh Lord my God, Hosanna in the highest
 
2. Glory, Glory, Glory to the King of kings
Glory, Glory, Glory to the King of kings
Lord we lift up Your name with hearts full of praise
Be exalted oh Lord my God, Glory to the King of kings 

Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
 
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.


Collect
Let us pray (pause)
Almighty ever-living God,
who as an example of humility for the human race to follow
caused our Savior to take flesh and submit to the Cross,
graciously grant that we may heed his lesson of patient suffering
and so merit a share in his Resurrection.
Who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.
All: Amen
 
 
1st Reading Isaiah 50:4-7
The Lord GOD has given me a well-trained tongue, that I might know how to speak to the weary a word that will rouse them. Morning after morning he opens my ear that I may hear; and I have not rebelled, have not turned back. I gave my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who plucked my beard; my face I did not shield from buffets and spitting.
The Lord GOD is my help, therefore I am not disgraced; I have set my face like flint, knowing that I shall not be put to shame.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
Responsorial Psalm – Psalms 22:8-9, 17-18, 19-20, 23-24
R. My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?
 
All who see me scoff at me; they mock me with parted lips, they wag their heads: “He relied on the LORD; let him deliver him, let him rescue him, if he loves him.”
R. My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?
 
Indeed, many dogs surround me, a pack of evildoers closes in upon me; They have pierced my hands and my feet; I can count all my bones.
R. My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?
 
They divide my garments among them, and for my vesture they cast lots. But you, O LORD, be not far from me; O my help, hasten to aid me.
R. My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?
 
I will proclaim your name to my brethren; in the midst of the assembly I will praise you: “You who fear the LORD, praise him; all you descendants of Jacob, give glory to him; revere him, all you descendants of Israel!”
R. My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?
 
 
2nd Reading – Philippians 2:6-11
Christ Jesus, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God something to be grasped. Rather, he emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, coming in human likeness; and found human in appearance, he humbled himself, becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Because of this, God greatly exalted him and bestowed on him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bend, of those in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
- The Word of the Lord 
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
Gospel Acclamation – Philippians 2:8-9
Glory to You, Word of God, Lord Jesus Christ
Christ became obedient to the point of death,
even death on a cross.
Because of this, God greatly exalted him
and bestowed on him the name which is above every name.
 
 
Gospel
The Passion of our Lord Jesus Christ according to Matthew 27:11-54
(J-Jesus, N-Narrator, O-Other single narrator, C-Crowd) 
 
N: Jesus stood before the governor, Pontius Pilate, and he questioned Jesus,
O: "Are you the king of the Jews?"
N: Jesus said, 
J: "You say so."
N: And when Jesus was accused by the chief priests and elders, he made no answer. Then Pilate said to Jesus,
O: "Do you not hear how many things they are testifying against you?"
N: But Jesus did not answer him one word, so that the governor was greatly amazed.

Now on the occasion of the feast the governor was accustomed to release to the crowd one prisoner whom they wished. And at that time they had a notorious prisoner called Barabbas. So when they had assembled, Pilate said to them,
O: "Which one do you want me to release to you, Barabbas, or Jesus called Christ?"
N: For Pilate knew that it was out of envy that they had handed Jesus over. While Pilate was still seated on the bench, his wife sent him a message,
O: "Have nothing to do with that righteous man. I suffered much in a dream today because of him."
N: The chief priests and the elders persuaded the crowds to ask for Barabbas but to destroy Jesus. The governor said to them in reply,
O: "Which of the two do you want me to release to you?"
N: They answered, 
C: "Barabbas!"
N: Pilate said to them,
O: "Then what shall I do with Jesus called Christ?"
N: They all said,
C: "Let him be crucified!"
N: But he said,
O: "Why? What evil has he done?"
N: They only shouted the louder,
C: "Let him be crucified!"
N: When Pilate saw that he was not succeeding at all,
but that a riot was breaking out instead, he took water and washed his hands in the sight of the crowd, saying, 
O: "I am innocent of this man's blood. Look to it yourselves."
N: And the whole people said in reply,
O: "His blood be upon us and upon our children."
N: Then Pilate released Barabbas to them,
but after he had Jesus scourged, he handed Jesus over to be crucified.

Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus inside the praetorium and gathered the whole cohort around him. They stripped off his clothes and threw a scarlet military cloak about him. Weaving a crown out of thorns, they placed it on his head, and a reed in his right hand. And kneeling before him, they mocked him, saying, 
C: "Hail, King of the Jews!"
N: They spat upon Jesus and took the reed and kept striking him on the head.
And when they had mocked him, they stripped him of the cloak, dressed him in his own clothes, and led him off to crucify him.

As they were going out, they met a Cyrenian named Simon; this man they pressed into service to carry Jesus’ cross.

And when they came to a place called Golgotha — which means Place of the Skull —, they gave Jesus wine to drink mixed with gall. But when he had tasted it, he refused to drink. After they had crucified him, they divided his garments by casting lots; then they sat down and kept watch over him there. And they placed over his head the written charge against him: This is Jesus, the King of the Jews.
Two revolutionaries were crucified with Jesus, one on his right and the other on his left. Those passing by reviled Jesus, shaking their heads and saying,
C: "You who would destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days, save yourself, if you are the Son of God, and come down from the cross!"
N: Likewise the chief priests with the scribes and elders mocked him and said,
C: "He saved others; he cannot save himself. So he is the king of Israel! Let him come down from the cross now, and we will believe in him. He trusted in God; let him deliver him now if he wants him. For he said, 'I am the Son of God.'"
N: The revolutionaries who were crucified with Jesus also kept abusing Jesus in the same way. From noon onward, darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon. And about three o'clock Jesus cried out in a loud voice,
J: "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?"
N: which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Some of the bystanders who heard it said,
C: "This one is calling for Elijah."
N: Immediately one of them ran to get a sponge; he soaked it in wine, and putting it on a reed, gave it to Jesus to drink. But the rest said,
C: “Wait, let us see if Elijah comes to save him."
N: But Jesus cried out again in a loud voice, and gave up his spirit.

(Here all kneel and pause for a short time.)

N: And behold, the veil of the sanctuary was torn in two from top to bottom.
The earth quaked, rocks were split, tombs were opened, and the bodies of many saints who had fallen asleep were raised. And coming forth from their tombs after his resurrection,
they entered the holy city and appeared to many. The centurion and the men with him who were keeping watch over Jesus feared greatly when they saw the earthquake and all that was happening, and they said,
C: "Truly, this was the Son of God!"
- The Gospel of the Lord.
 
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
 
 
Nicene Creed
 
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
 
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
 
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
 
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
 
 
Prayer of the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
 
All: O Lord hear our prayer, O Lord hear our prayer, when I call answer me.
O Lord hear our prayer, O Lord hear our prayer, come and listen to me.
 
 
OFFERTORY HYMN
 
By the Blood that Flowed from Thee
1. By the Blood that flowed from Thee,
In Thy bitter agony;
By the scourge so meekly borne;
By Thy purple robe of scorn.*
 
* Jesus, Saviour, hear our cry;
Thou wert suff’ring once as we:
Now enthroned in majesty
Countless angels sing to thee.
 
2. By the thorns that crowned Thy Head;
By Thy scepter of a reed;
By Thy footstep faint and slow,
Weighed beneath Thy cross of woe.*
 
3. By the nails and pointed spear;
By Thy people's cruel jeer;
By Thy dying prayer which rose,
Begging mercy for Thy foes.*
 
4. By the darkness black as night,
Blotting out the sun from sight;
By the cry with which in death,
Thou didst yield Thy parting breath.*
.
 
 
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
 
P✠: Pray, brethren (brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy Church. 
 
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
 
P✠: It is truly right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
 
 
Sanctus
 
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts. 
Heaven and earth are full of your glory. 
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord. 
Hosanna in the highest. 
 
P✠: You are indeed Holy, O Lord, the…. 
 
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying:
 
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
 
P✠: In a similar way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks, he gave it to his disciples, saying:
 
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
 
P✠: The mystery of faith.
All: We proclaim your Death, O Lord, and profess your Resurrection until You come again.
 
P✠: Therefore, as we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
 
P✠: Through him, and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
 
 
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
 
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts,
as we forgive those who debt against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.
 
P✠: Deliver us, Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, now and for ever.
 
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
 
 
Agnus Dei
 
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
 
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ,....
 
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
 
 
COMMUNION HYMN
 
In Love for Me
 
1. This is my body, broken for you,
Bringing you wholeness, making you free.
Take it and eat it.
And as you do, do it in love for Me.
 
2. This is my blood poured out for you,
Bringing forgiveness, making you free.
Take it and drink it,
And as you do, do it in love for Me.
 
3. Back to my Father soon I shall go
Do not forget me, then you will see
I am still with you, and you will know
you’re very close to me.
 
4. Filled with my Spirit, how you will grow
You are my branches, I am the tree
If you are faithful, others will know
you are alive in me.
 
5. Love one another, I have loved you
and I have shown you how to be free
serve one another, and when you do
do it in love for me.
 
 
The Servant King
 
1. From heav’n You came, helpless Babe,
Entered our world, Your glory veiled;
Not to be served, but to serve.
And give Your life that we might live. *
 
* This is our God, the Servant King
He calls us now to follow Him;
To bring our lives as a daily offering
Of worship to the Servant King.
 
2. There in the garden of tears,
My heavy load He chose to bear;
His heart with sorrow was torn.
“Yet not My will, but Yours,” He said. *
 
3. Come, see His hands and His feet,
The scars that speak of sacrifice;
Hands that flung stars into space,
To cruel nails surrendered. *
 
4. So let us learn how to serve,
And in our lives enthrone Him;
Each other’s needs to prefer,
For it is Christ we’re serving. *
 
 
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray.  ….. 
….. 
All: Amen.
 
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
RECESSIONAL HYMN
 
Lord of the Dance
 
1. I danced in the morning when the world was begun,
And I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun,
And I came down from heaven and I danced on the earth:
At Bethlehem I had my birth.*
 
* Dance, then, wherever you may be,
I am the Lord of the dance, said he,
And I'll lead you all, wherever you may be,
And I'll lead you all in the dance, said he.
 
2. I danced for the scribe and the Pharisee,
But they would not dance and they wouldn't follow me;
I danced for the fishermen, for James and John;
They came with me and the dance went on:*
 
3. I danced on the Sabbath and I cured the lame:
The holy people they said it was a shame.
They whipped and they stripped and they hung me on high,
And they left me there on a cross to die:*
 
4. I danced on a Friday when the sky turned black;
It's hard to dance with the devil on your back.
They buried my body and they thought I'd gone;
But I am the dance, and I still go on:*
 
5. They cut me down and I leapt up high;
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me:
I am the Lord of the dance, said he.*
 
 
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOOD FRIDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) 3 April 2026

HOLY THURSDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) (2 April 2026)

CTK English Mass - The Nativity of the Lord (24 Dec 2025)