CTK English Mass – 2nd Sunday of Lent Year A (1 Mar 2026)
CTK English Mass – 2nd Sunday of
Lent Year A (1 Mar 2026)
O Lord, You are the source of all blessings
and you guide the course of human history by your Providence.
With gratitude we thank you for the
establishment of our Diocese eighty years ago.
In the footsteps of our
predecessors, we have steadfastly kept the heritage of our Faith over the years
and so have been able
to experience your unfailing help in
the face of challenges;
to regain strength in our weakness;
to restore hope in our
discouragement;
to look for your direction when we
have lost our way.
As your children, may we always entrust
ourselves to you in humility. May we always respond to your calling for us to
carry on our mission to spread the Gospel and bear witness to our faith in Hong
Kong, sowing the seeds of love and hope while living in joy and peace.
We ask this in the name of your Son,
our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen
ENTRANCE HYMN
Fill
My House
1. Fill my house unto
the fullest.
Eat my bread and drink my wine
The love I bear is held from no one.
All I have and all I do I give to you.
2. Take my time unto
the fullest.
Find in me the trust you seek.
Take my hands to you outreaching.
All I have and all I do I give to you.
3. Christ our Lord,
with love enormous,
from the cross this lesson taught.
Love all men as I have loved you.
All I have and all I do I give to you.
4. Join with me, as one
in Christ love.
May our hearts al beat as one.
May we give ourselves completely
All I have and all I do I give to you.
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty
God and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my
thoughts and in my words, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do,
(striking their breast) through my fault, through my fault, through my most
grievous fault; therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and
Saints, and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Collect
Let us pray (pause)
O God, who have commanded us to listen to your beloved Son, be pleased, we pray,
to nourish us inwardly by your word, that, with spiritual sight made pure, we may rejoice to behold your glory.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
1st
Reading – Genesis 12:1-4a
The LORD said to Abram: “Go forth from the land of your kins folk and from your father’s house to a land that I will show you.
“I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
so that you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you. All the communities of the earth
shall find blessing in you.”
Abram went as the LORD directed him. - The Word of the Lord.
All: Thanks be to God.
Responsorial
Psalm – Psalm 33:4-5, 18-19, 20, 22.
R. Lord, let your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in you.
Upright
is the word of the Lord, and all his works are trustworthy. He loves justice
and right; of the kindness of the LORD the earth is full.
R. Lord, let your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in you.
See,
the eyes of the LORD are upon those who fear him, upon those who hope for his
kindness, To deliver them from death and preserve them in spite of famine.
R. Lord, let your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in you.
Our
soul waits for the LORD,
who is our help and our shield. May your kindness, O LORD, be upon us who have put our hope in you.
R. Lord, let your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in you.
2nd
Reading – 2 Timothy 1:8b-10
Beloved: Bear your share of hardship for the gospel with the strength that comes from God.
He saved us and called us to a holy life, not according to our works but according to his own design and the grace bestowed on us in Christ Jesus before time began, but now made manifest through the appearance of our savior Christ Jesus, who destroyed death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. - The Word of the Lord.
All: Thanks be to God.
Gospel
Acclamation – Matthew 17:5
Christ Lord of Glory, Christ Prince of Nations, Christ our King of Kings
From the shining cloud the Father’s voice is heard: This is my beloved Son, hear him.
Gospel
– Matthew 17:1-9
Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. And he was transfigured before them;
his face shone like the sun
and his clothes became white as light. And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, conversing with him. Then Peter said to Jesus in reply, “Lord, it is good that we are here. If you wish, I will make three tents here, one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud cast a shadow over them, then from the cloud came a voice that said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased;
listen to him.” When the disciples heard this, they fell prostrate and were very much afraid. But Jesus came and touched them, saying,
“Rise, and do not be afraid.”
And when the disciples raised their eyes, they saw no one else but Jesus alone.
As they were coming down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, “Do not tell the vision to anyone until the Son of Man has been raised from the dead.” - The Gospel of the Lord.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
Nicene Creed
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he
suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Prayer of
the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
All: O Lord hear our prayer, O Lord hear our prayer,
when I call answer me.
O Lord hear our prayer, O Lord hear our prayer, come and listen to me.
OFFERTORY
HYMN
My God Loves Me
1. My God loves me.
His love will never end.
He rest within my heart for my God loves me.
2. His gentle hand.
He stretches over me,
Though storm-clouds threaten the day
He will set me free.
3. He comes to me
In sharing bread and wine.
He brings me life that will reach
past the end of time.
4. My God loves me,
His faithful love endures.
And I will live like a child
held in love secure.
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
P✠: Pray, brethren
(brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the
almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the
praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy
Church.
P✠: The Lord be
with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
P✠: It is truly
right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
Sanctus
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
P✠: You are indeed
Holy, O Lord, the….
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his
Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his
disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
P✠: In a similar
way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks,
he gave it to his disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
P✠: The mystery of
faith.
All: We proclaim your Death, O Lord, and profess your
Resurrection until You come again.
P✠: Therefore, as
we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
P✠: Through him,
and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts,
as we forgive those who debt against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.
P✠: Deliver us,
Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by
the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all
distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus
Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours,
now and for ever.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look
not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her
peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and
ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Agnus Dei
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have
mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ,....
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes
away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
COMMUNION HYMN
Saviour
is Waiting, The
1. The saviour is waiting
to enter your heart
Why don’t you let Him come in?
There’s nothing in this world to keep you apart
What is your answer to Him? *
* Time after time He
has waited before
And now He is waiting again
To see if you’re willing to open the door
O how He wants to come in!
2. If you’ll take one
step toward the Saviour, my friend,
You’ll find His arms open wide;
Receive Him and all of your darkness will end,
Within your heart He’ll abid. *
Let
There Be Peace
Let there be peace on
earth
And let it begin with me
Let There Be Peace on Earth
The peace that was meant to be
With God as our Father
Brothers all are we
Let me walk with my brother
In perfect harmony.
Let peace begin with me
Let this be the moment now.
With every step I take
Let this be my solemn vow
To take each moment and live
Each moment in peace eternally
Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with me
And let it begin with
me
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray. …..
…..
All: Amen.
P✠: The Lord be with
you.
All: And with your spirit.
Prayer
over the people
Bow down for the blessing.
(The priest, with hands extended over the people, says the blessing.)
May
bountiful blessing, O Lord, we pray,
come down upon your people,
that hope may grow in tribulation,
virtue be strengthened in temptation,
and eternal redemption be assured.
Through Christ our Lord.
All: Amen.
And may the blessing of almighty God,
the Father, and the Son, ✠ and the Holy Spirit,
come down on you and remain with you for ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: Go forth, the Mass
is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
RECESSIONAL HYMN
Shine Jesus Shine
1. Lord, the light of your love is shining
In the midst of the darkness, shining
Jesus, Light of the world, shine upon us
Set us free by the truth you now bring us
Shine on me, shine on me*
* Shine, Jesus, shine
Fill this land with the Father's glory
Blaze, Spirit, blaze
Set our hearts on fire
Flow, river, flow
Flood the nations with grace and mercy
Send forth your word
Lord, and let there be light
2. Lord, I come to your awesome presence
From the shadows into your radiance
By the blood I may enter your brightness
Search me, try me, consume all my darkness
Shine on me, shine on me*
3. As we gaze on your kingly brightness
So our faces display your likeness
Ever changing from glory to glory
Mirrored here may our lives tell your story
Shine on me, shine on me*
Prayer for the 80th Anniversary of
the Catholic Diocese of Hong Kong
Messengers of Hope
Eat my bread and drink my wine
The love I bear is held from no one.
All I have and all I do I give to you.
Find in me the trust you seek.
Take my hands to you outreaching.
All I have and all I do I give to you.
from the cross this lesson taught.
Love all men as I have loved you.
All I have and all I do I give to you.
May our hearts al beat as one.
May we give ourselves completely
All I have and all I do I give to you.
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Let us pray (pause)
O God, who have commanded us to listen to your beloved Son, be pleased, we pray,
to nourish us inwardly by your word, that, with spiritual sight made pure, we may rejoice to behold your glory.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
The LORD said to Abram: “Go forth from the land of your kins folk and from your father’s house to a land that I will show you.
“I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
so that you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you. All the communities of the earth
shall find blessing in you.”
Abram went as the LORD directed him. - The Word of the Lord.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. Lord, let your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in you.
R. Lord, let your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in you.
R. Lord, let your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in you.
who is our help and our shield. May your kindness, O LORD, be upon us who have put our hope in you.
R. Lord, let your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in you.
Beloved: Bear your share of hardship for the gospel with the strength that comes from God.
He saved us and called us to a holy life, not according to our works but according to his own design and the grace bestowed on us in Christ Jesus before time began, but now made manifest through the appearance of our savior Christ Jesus, who destroyed death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. - The Word of the Lord.
All: Thanks be to God.
Christ Lord of Glory, Christ Prince of Nations, Christ our King of Kings
From the shining cloud the Father’s voice is heard: This is my beloved Son, hear him.
Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. And he was transfigured before them;
his face shone like the sun
and his clothes became white as light. And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, conversing with him. Then Peter said to Jesus in reply, “Lord, it is good that we are here. If you wish, I will make three tents here, one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud cast a shadow over them, then from the cloud came a voice that said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased;
listen to him.” When the disciples heard this, they fell prostrate and were very much afraid. But Jesus came and touched them, saying,
“Rise, and do not be afraid.”
And when the disciples raised their eyes, they saw no one else but Jesus alone.
As they were coming down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, “Do not tell the vision to anyone until the Son of Man has been raised from the dead.” - The Gospel of the Lord.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
O Lord hear our prayer, O Lord hear our prayer, come and listen to me.
His love will never end.
He rest within my heart for my God loves me.
He stretches over me,
Though storm-clouds threaten the day
He will set me free.
In sharing bread and wine.
He brings me life that will reach
past the end of time.
His faithful love endures.
And I will live like a child
held in love secure.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts,
as we forgive those who debt against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Why don’t you let Him come in?
There’s nothing in this world to keep you apart
What is your answer to Him? *
And now He is waiting again
To see if you’re willing to open the door
O how He wants to come in!
You’ll find His arms open wide;
Receive Him and all of your darkness will end,
Within your heart He’ll abid. *
And let it begin with me
Let There Be Peace on Earth
The peace that was meant to be
With God as our Father
Brothers all are we
Let me walk with my brother
In perfect harmony.
Let this be the moment now.
With every step I take
Let this be my solemn vow
To take each moment and live
Each moment in peace eternally
Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with me
P✠: Let us pray. …..
All: Amen.
All: And with your spirit.
Bow down for the blessing.
(The priest, with hands extended over the people, says the blessing.)
come down upon your people,
that hope may grow in tribulation,
virtue be strengthened in temptation,
and eternal redemption be assured.
Through Christ our Lord.
All: Amen.
And may the blessing of almighty God,
the Father, and the Son, ✠ and the Holy Spirit,
come down on you and remain with you for ever.
All: Amen.
All: Thanks be to God.
In the midst of the darkness, shining
Jesus, Light of the world, shine upon us
Set us free by the truth you now bring us
Shine on me, shine on me*
Fill this land with the Father's glory
Blaze, Spirit, blaze
Set our hearts on fire
Flow, river, flow
Flood the nations with grace and mercy
Send forth your word
Lord, and let there be light
From the shadows into your radiance
By the blood I may enter your brightness
Search me, try me, consume all my darkness
Shine on me, shine on me*
So our faces display your likeness
Ever changing from glory to glory
Mirrored here may our lives tell your story
Shine on me, shine on me*
Comments
Post a Comment