CTK English Mass – 2nd Sunday (18 Jan 2026)

CTK English Mass – 2nd Sunday (18 Jan 2026)
 
Prayer for the 80th Anniversary of the Catholic Diocese of Hong Kong
Messengers of Hope
 
O Lord, You are the source of all blessings and you guide the course of human history by your Providence.
With gratitude we thank you for the establishment of our Diocese
eighty years ago.
In the footsteps of our predecessors, we have steadfastly kept the
heritage of our Faith over the years and so have been able
to experience your unfailing help in the face of challenges;
to regain strength in our weakness;
to restore hope in our discouragement;
to look for your direction when we have lost our way.
As your children, may we always entrust ourselves to you in
humility. May we always respond to your calling for us to carry on our mission
to spread the Gospel and bear witness to our faith in Hong Kong, sowing the
seeds of love and hope while living in joy and peace. 
We ask this in the name of your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen
 
 
ENTRANCE HYMN
 
 
The Lord is My Light
 
* The Lord is my light and my salvation,
of whom should I be afraid,
of whom should I be afraid,
 
1. The Lord is my light and my help;
whom should I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life;
before whom should I shrink? *
 
2. There is one thing I ask of the Lord;
For this I long;
To live in the house of the Lord
All the days of my life. *
 
3. I believe I shall see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living
Hope in God, and take heart,
Hope in the Lord. *
 
 
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
 
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
 
 
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
 
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father. 
 
Lord Jesus Christ, Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father: you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us. You take away the sins of the world, receive our prayer. You are seated at the right hand of the Father, have mercy on us.
 
For you alone are the Holy One. You alone are the Lord. You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit in the glory of God the Father. Amen.
 
 
Collect 
Let us pray (pause)
Almighty ever-living God, who govern all things, both in heaven and on earth, mercifully hear the pleading of your people and bestow your peace on our times.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
 
 
1st Reading – Isaiah 49:3, 5-6
The LORD said to me: You are my servant, Israel, through whom I show my glory. Now the LORD has spoken who formed me as his servant from the womb, that Jacob may be brought back to him and Israel gathered to him; and I am made glorious in the sight of the Lord, and my God is now my strength! It is too little, the LORD says, for you to be my servant, to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and restore the survivors of Israel; I will make you a light to the nations, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth. - The Word of the Lord.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
Responsorial Psalm – Psalms 40:2,4,7-8,8-9,10
R. Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will. 
 
I have waited, waited for the Lord, and he stooped toward me and heard my cry. And he put a new song into my mouth, a hymn to our God.
R. Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
 
Sacrifice or offering you wished not, but ears open to obedience you gave me.
Holocausts or sin-offerings you sought not; then said I, “Behold I come.”
R. Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
 
“In the written scroll it is prescribed for me, to do your will, O my God, is my delight, and your law is within my heart!”
R. Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
 
I announced your justice in the vast assembly; I did not restrain my lips, as you, O LORD, know.
R. Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
 
 
2nd Reading – 1 Corinthians 1:1-3
Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother, to the church of God that is in Corinth, to you who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be holy, with all those everywhere who call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours.
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. - The Word of the Lord.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
Alleluia – John 1:14a,12a
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
The Word of God became flesh and dwelt among us. To those who accepted him, he gave power to become children of God.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
 
 
Gospel – John 1:29-34
John the Baptist saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world. He is the one of whom I said, ‘A man is coming after me who ranks ahead of me because he existed before me.’ I did not know him, but the reason why I came baptizing with water was that he might be made known to Israel.” John testified further, saying, “I saw the Spirit come down like a dove from heaven and remain upon him. I did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘On whomever you see the Spirit come down and remain, he is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ Now I have seen and testified that he is the Son of God.” - The Gospel of the Lord. 
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
 
 
Nicene Creed
 
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
 
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
 
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
 
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
 
 
Prayer of the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
 
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our prayer, we ask you Lord, listen to our prayer
 
 
OFFERTORY HYMN
 
My God Loves Me
 
1. My God loves me.
His love will never end.
He rest within my heart for my God loves me.
 
2. His gentle hand.
He stretches over me,
Though storm-clouds threaten the day
He will set me free.
 
3. He comes to me
In sharing bread and wine.
He brings me life that will reach
past the end of time.
 
4. My God loves me,
His faithful love endures.
And I will live like a child
held in love secure.
 
 
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
 
P✠: Pray, brethren (brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy Church. 
 
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
 
P✠: It is truly right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
 
 
Sanctus
 
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts. 
Heaven and earth are full of your glory. 
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord. 
Hosanna in the highest. 
 
P✠: You are indeed Holy, O Lord, the…. 
 
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying:
 
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
 
P✠: In a similar way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks, he gave it to his disciples, saying:
 
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
 
P✠: The mystery of faith.
All: When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup, we proclaim your Death, O Lord, until you come again.
 
P✠: Therefore, as we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
 
P✠: Through him, and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
 
 
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
 
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
 
P✠: Deliver us, Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, now and for ever.
 
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
 
 
Agnus Dei
 
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
 
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ,....
 
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
 
 
COMMUNION HYMN
 
Here am I, Send Me
 
Here am I, send me.
Here am I, Lord, send me.
Unto Thee, willingly, yielded I come.
Show the path that I must walk, compel me then to go,
And if I stray, bring back the light of day,
For here am I, send me, I pray.*
 
*Send me to be what's created in me
Formed in Your image I stand
Turn my weakness into Your power,
power to be at last all I'm able to be
 
Here am I, send me.
Here am I, Lord, send me.
Precious Holy Spirit, come, fill me anew.
Give me wisdom, send me strength,
Grant that I may be a mirror of Your never-ending love,
For here am I, send me, I pray.*
 
 
Prayer of St Francis
 
Make me a channel of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me bring your love.
Where there is injury, your pardon, Lord,
And where there's doubt, true faith in you.
 
Make me a channel of your peace.
Where there's despair in life, let me bring hope.
Where there is darkness, only light,
And where there's sadness, ever joy.
 
Oh, Master, grant that I may never seek
So much to be consoled as to console.
To be understood as to understand.
To be loved as to love with all my soul.
 
Make me a channel of your peace.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
in giving of ourselves that we receive,
and in dying that we're born to eternal life.
 
 
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray.  ….. 
….. 
All: Amen.
 
 
Prayer for the 
100th Anniversary of 
St. Margaret's Church
 
Merciful Father, we thank you for sending us enthusiastic missionaries who, jointly with Chinese priests, sowed the seeds of the Gospel a hundred years ago in this parish and established a community devoted to the worship of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Since we have inherited Your boundless love for all, we are committed to joyfully spread the love of the Sacred Heart and to actively build the church here.
As we celebrate the centenary of our parish church with gratitude, we pray that You send the Holy Spirit to assist us, grant us perseverance and patience, and guide us to become the salt and light of the world according to the teachings of Jesus Christ. May we bring the love experienced into our families and communities, as we spread the Gospel.
 
We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God for ever and ever, Amen.
 
Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us!
St. Margaret, pray for us!
 
 
 
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
RECESSIONAL HYMN
 
Spirit Song
 
Oh let the Son of God enfold you,
With His Spirit and His love,
Let Him fill your heart and satisfy your soul.
Oh let Him have the things that hold you,
And His Spirit like a dove.
Will descend upon your life and make you whole.
 
Jesus, Oh Jesus, come and fill Your lambs.
Jesus, Oh Jesus, come and fill Your lambs.
 
Oh come and sing this song with gladness.
As your hearts are filled with joy,
Lift your hands in sweet surrender to His name,
Oh give Him all your tears and sadness,
Give Him all your years of pain.
And you’ll enter into life in Jesus name.
 
Jesus, Oh Jesus, come and fill Your lambs.
Jesus, Oh Jesus, come and fill Your lambs.
 
Oh let the Son of God enfold you,
With His Spirit and His love
Let Him fill your heart and satisfy your soul.
Oh let Him have the things that hold you.
And His Spirit like a dove
will descend upon your life and make you whole.
Oh, He’ll descend upon your life and make you whole.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOOD FRIDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) 3 April 2026

HOLY THURSDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) (2 April 2026)

CTK English Mass - The Nativity of the Lord (24 Dec 2025)