CTK English Mass – Solemnity of Saints Peter and Paul, Apostles Year C (29 Jun 2025)

CTK English Mass – Solemnity of Saints Peter and Paul, Apostles Year C (29 Jun 2025)
 
 
ENTRANCE HYMN
 
Praise the Lord and Sing
 
* Praise the Lord and sing alleluia, alleluia, alleluia - (x2)
 
1. Praise Him for the sun and for the stars above
Alleluia, alleluia
Praise Him with your brothers for He is the God of love
Alleluia, alleluia*
 
2. Praise Him when you're happy, praise Him when you're sad
Alleluia, alleluia
He's the God who saves us and His message makes us glad
Alleluia, alleluia*
 
3. Praise Him in the morning, praise Him in the night
Alleluia, alleluia
Praise him in the thunder for He is the God of might
Alleluia, alleluia*
 
 
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
 
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
 
 
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
 
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory.  Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father. 
 
Lord Jesus Christ, Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father: you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us. You take away the sins of the world, receive our prayer. You are seated at the right hand of the Father, have mercy on us. 
 
For you alone are the Holy One. You alone are the Lord. You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit in the glory of God the Father. Amen.
 
 
Collect
Let us pray (pause) 
 
O God, who on the Solemnity of the Apostles Peter and Paul give us the noble and holy joy of this day,
grant, we pray, that your Church may in all things follow the teaching of those through whom she received the beginning of right religion.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, 
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, 
one God, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
 
 
1st Reading – Acts 12:1-11
In those days, King Herod laid hands upon some members of the Church to harm them. He had James, the brother of John, killed by the sword, and when he saw that this was pleasing to the Jews he proceeded to arrest Peter also. –It was the feast of Unleavened Bread.– He had Peter taken into custody and put in prison under the guard of four squads of four soldiers each. Herod intended to bring Peter before the people after Passover. Peter thus was being kept in prison, but prayer by the Church was fervently being made to God on his behalf.
 
On the very night before Herod was to bring him to trial, Peter, secured by double chains, was sleeping between two soldiers, while outside the door guards kept watch on the prison. Suddenly the angel of the Lord stood by him and a light shone in the cell. He tapped Peter on the side and awakened him, saying, “Get up quickly.”
 
The chains fell from his wrists. The angel said to him, “Put on your belt and your sandals.” Peter did so. Then the angel said to him, “Put on your cloak and follow me.” So Peter followed the angel out, not realizing that what was happening through the angel was real; Peter thought he was seeing a vision. They passed the first guard, then the second, and came to the iron gate leading out to the city, which opened for them by itself. They emerged and made their way down an alley, and suddenly the angel left him. Then Peter recovered his senses and said, “Now I know for certain that the Lord sent his angel and rescued me from the hand of Herod and from all that the Jewish people had been expecting.” - The Word of the Lord.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
Responsorial Psalm – Psalms 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9
R. The angel of the Lord will rescue those who fear him.
 
I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall be ever in my mouth.
Let my soul glory in the LORD; the lowly will hear me and be glad.
R. The angel of the Lord will rescue those who fear him.
 
Glorify the LORD with me, let us together extol his name.
I sought the LORD, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.
R. The angel of the Lord will rescue those who fear him.
 
Look to him that you may be radiant with joy, and your faces may not blush with shame.
When the poor one called out, the LORD heard, and from all his distress he saved him.
R. The angel of the Lord will rescue those who fear him.
 
The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them.
Taste and see how good the LORD is; blessed the man who takes refuge in him.
R. The angel of the Lord will rescue those who fear him.
 
 
2nd Reading – 2 Timothy 4:6-8, 17-18
I, Paul, am already being poured out like a libation,
and the time of my departure is at hand.
I have competed well; I have finished the race;
I have kept the faith. From now on the crown of righteousness awaits me, which the Lord, the just judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me, but to all who have longed for his appearance.
The Lord stood by me and gave me strength,
so that through me the proclamation might be completed and all the Gentiles might hear it.
And I was rescued from the lion’s mouth.
The Lord will rescue me from every evil threat
and will bring me safe to his heavenly Kingdom.
To him be glory forever and ever.  Amen. - The Word of the Lord.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
R. Alleluia, alleluia. - Matthew 16:18
You are Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
 
 
Gospel – Matthew  16:13-19
When Jesus went into the region of Caesarea Philippi he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” They replied, “Some say John the Baptist, others Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” Jesus said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter said in reply, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Jesus said to him in reply, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father. And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the Kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.” – The Gospel of the Lord.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ 
 
 
Nicene Creed
 
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
 
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
 
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
 
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
 
 
Prayer of the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
 
All: O Lord hear our prayer, O Lord hear our prayer, when I call answer me.
O Lord hear our prayer, O Lord hear our prayer, come and listen to me.
 
 
OFFERTORY HYMN
 
Dear Lord, We Offer You
 
Dear Lord, we offer You, humble our gifts this bread and wine
Take them with love we pray, make them become our Christ Divine
 
Dear Lord, before Thy shrine, we bring the cup of water and wine
Change, Lord, our lives renew, lost in Your love, this child of Thine
 
* When You died on the wood of the cross
Greater love, no man knows, than Yours
 
Joy, joy within my heart, deep in my soul Your comforting love
Warmth in my life impart, longing for You, Lord God above
 
 
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
 
P✠: Pray, brethren (brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy Church. 
 
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
 
P✠: It is truly right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
 
 
Sanctus
 
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts. 
Heaven and earth are full of your glory. 
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord. 
Hosanna in the highest. 
 
P✠: You are indeed Holy, O Lord, the…. 
 
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying:
 
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
 
P✠: In a similar way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks, he gave it to his disciples, saying:
 
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
 
P✠: The mystery of faith.
All: Save us, Save us, Savior of the world, for by your Cross and Resurrection you have set us free.
 
P✠: Therefore, as we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
 
P✠: Through him, and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
 
 
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
 
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
 
P✠: Deliver us, Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, now and for ever.
 
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
 
 
Agnus Dei
 
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
 
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ,....
 
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
 
 
COMMUNION HYMN
 
 
Come Follow Me
 
1. My love, my life I've given to One who is divine
For His great love is boundless, it has captured all of mine
He is my Lord and Saviour, the Son of God made Man
He said to me "Come, follow me", the Son of God made Man
Hearing His voice, I made my choice, the Son of God made Man
 
2. Few people know the secret that when one's love is pure
The peace and joy that Christ gives are beyond all dreams for sure
No greater love than His
Then in all the world I'll find, He is my King, everything
The Son of God made Man, King, He shall be, eternally
The Son of God made Man
 
* The King of Glory. The Son of God made Man
 
 
Christ is My Rock
 
* Christ is my rock, my refuge, my stronghold,
Firm as the tree's root that clutches the land.
He who has faith builds without worry, not like the man who builds upon sand.
I set my house on a solid foundation
Christ is my rock the root of my soul's recreation.
 
1. I know a man who loved to live "free",
He pitched his tent by the side of the sea.
It stood near the surf and was washed by the spray
'Till one day a wave came and washed it away.
 
2. I know a man who loved to live high.
He built his castle near up to the sky,
Through summer and spring it stood pretty well,
When winter winds whistled, it toppled and fell.
 
* Christ is my rock, my refuge, my stronghold,
Firm as the tree's root that clutches the land.
He who has faith builds without worry, not like the man who builds upon sand.
I set my house on a solid foundation
Christ is my rock the root of my soul's recreation.
 
3. I know a man, a cool one to know,
He built his house out of ice and of snow,
In chill isolation his night work was done,
But it melted away with the warm morning sun.
 
4. I know a man who built out of straw,
The flimsiest fellow that I ever saw,
One day a spark set it to flame,
And nothing was left to remember his name.
 
* Christ is my rock, my refuge, my stronghold,
Firm as the tree's root that clutches the land.
He who has faith, builds without worry,
Not like the man who builds upon sand,
I set my house on a solid foundation,
Christ is my rock, the root of my soul's recreation.
 
 
Prayer After Communion.
 
P✠: Let us pray.  …..
….. 
All: Amen.
 
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
RECESSIONAL HYMN
 
I Asked the Lord
1. I asked the Lord to comfort me when things weren't going my way
He said to me: "I will comfort you and liſt your cares away”
 
2. I asked the Lord to walk with me, when darkness was all that I knew
He said to me: "Never be afraid for I will see you through"
I didn't ask for riches, He gave me wealth untold
The moon, the stars, the sun, the sky. And gave me eyes to behold
 
3. I thank the Lord for everything and I count my blessing each day
He came to me when I needed Him, I only had to pray
And He'll come to you if you ask Him to. He's only a prayer away
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOOD FRIDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) 3 April 2026

HOLY THURSDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) (2 April 2026)

CTK English Mass - The Nativity of the Lord (24 Dec 2025)