CTK English Mass –Palm Sunday Year C (13 Apr 2025)

CTK English Mass –Palm Sunday Year C (13 Apr 2025)
 
 
ENTRANCE HYMN
 
Hosanna
 
1. Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest
Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest
Lord we lift up Your name with hearts full of praise
Be exalted oh Lord my God, Hosanna in the highest
 
2. Glory, Glory, Glory to the King of kings
Glory, Glory, Glory to the King of kings
Lord we lift up Your name with hearts full of praise
Be exalted oh Lord my God, Glory to the King of kings 
 
 
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
 
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
 
 
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
 
Collect
Let us pray (pause)
Almighty ever-living God, who as an example of humility for the human race to follow caused our Savior to take flesh and submit to the Cross, graciously grant that we may heed his lesson of patient suffering and so merit a share in his Resurrection. 
Who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, 
one God, for ever and ever.
All: Amen
 
 
1st Reading Isaiah 50:4-7
The Lord GOD has given me a well-trained tongue, that I might know how to speak to the weary a word that will rouse them. Morning after morning he opens my ear that I may hear; and I have not rebelled, have not turned back. I gave my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who plucked my beard; my face I did not shield from buffets and spitting. The Lord GOD is my help, therefore I am not disgraced; I have set my face like flint, knowing that I shall not be put to shame.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
Responsorial Psalm – Psalms 22:8-9, 17-18, 19-20, 23-24
R. My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?
 
All who see me scoff at me; they mock me with parted lips, they wag their heads: “He relied on the LORD; let him deliver him, let him rescue him, if he loves him.”
R. My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?
 
Indeed, many dogs surround me, a pack of evildoers closes in upon me; They have pierced my hands and my feet; I can count all my bones.
R. My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?
 
They divide my garments among them, and for my vesture they cast lots. But you, O LORD, be not far from me; O my help, hasten to aid me.
R. My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?
 
I will proclaim your name to my brethren; in the midst of the assembly I will praise you: “You who fear the LORD, praise him; all you descendants of Jacob, give glory to him; revere him, all you descendants of Israel!”
R. My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?
 
 
2nd Reading – Philippians 2:6-11
Christ Jesus, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God something to be grasped. Rather, he emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, coming in human likeness; and found human in appearance, he humbled himself, becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Because of this, God greatly exalted him and bestowed on him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bend, of those in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
- The Word of the Lord 
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
Gospel Acclamation – Philippians 2:8-9
Glory to You, Word of God, Lord Jesus Christ
Christ became obedient to the point of death,
even death on a cross.
Because of this, God greatly exalted him
and bestowed on him the name which is above every name.
 
 
Gospel – Luke 23:1-49
(J-Jesus, N-Narrator, O-Other single narrator, C-Crowd)
 
 
N: The elders of the people, chief priests and scribes, arose and brought Jesus before Pilate. They brought charges against him, saying,
C: "We found this man misleading our people;
he opposes the payment of taxes to Caesar and maintains that he is the Christ, a king."
N: Pilate asked Jesus, 
O. "Are you the king of the Jews?"
N: Jesus said to him in reply, 
J: "You say so."
N: Pilate then addressed the chief priests and the crowds,
O: "I find this man not guilty."
N: But they were adamant and said,
C: "He is inciting the people with his teaching throughout all Judea, from Galilee where he began even to here."
 
N: On hearing this, Pilate asked if Jesus was a Galilean; and upon learning that he was under Herod's jurisdiction, Pilate sent him to Herod, who was in Jerusalem at that time. Herod was very glad to see Jesus; he had been wanting to see Jesus for a long time, for he had heard about Jesus and had been hoping to see Jesus perform some sign.
He questioned Jesus at length, but Jesus gave no answer. The chief priests and scribes, meanwhile,
stood by accusing Jesus harshly.
N: Herod and his soldiers treated Jesus contemptuously and mocked him, and after clothing him in resplendent garb, Herod sent Jesus back to Pilate.
Herod and Pilate became friends that very day, even though they had been enemies formerly.
Pilate then summoned the chief priests, the rulers, and the people
and said to them, 
O: "You brought this man to me and accused him of inciting the people to revolt. I have conducted my investigation in your presence and have not found this man guilty
of the charges you have brought against him, nor did Herod, for Herod sent him back to us. So no capital crime has been committed by him. Therefore I shall have him flogged and then release him."
 
N: But all together they shouted out,
C: "Away with this man!
Release Barabbas to us."
N: Now Barabbas had been imprisoned for a rebellion that had taken place in the city and for murder. Again Pilate addressed them, still wishing to release Jesus,
but they continued their shouting, 
C: "Crucify him!  Crucify him!"
N: Pilate addressed them a third time,
O: "What evil has this man done? I found him guilty of no capital crime.
Therefore I shall have him flogged and then release him."
N: With loud shouts, however, they persisted in calling for Jesus’ crucifixion, and their voices prevailed. The verdict of Pilate was that their demand should be granted. So Pilate released the man who had been imprisoned
for rebellion and murder, for whom they asked,
and Pilates handed Jesus over to them to deal with as they wished.
 
N: As they led him away
they took hold of a certain Simon, a Cyrenian, who was coming in from the country; and after laying the cross on him, they made him carry it behind Jesus. A large crowd of people followed Jesus,
including many women who mourned and lamented him. Jesus turned to them and said,
J: "Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep instead for yourselves and for your children.  For indeed, the days are coming when people will say, 'Blessed are the barren, the wombs that never bore
and the breasts that never nursed.' At that time people will say to the mountains, 'Fall upon us!' and to the hills, 'Cover us!' For if these things are done when the wood is green
what will happen when it is dry?"
N: Now two others, both criminals, were led away with Jesus to be executed.
 
When they came to the place called the Skull,
they crucified Jesus and the criminals there,
one on his right, the other on his left. Then Jesus said, 
J: "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do."
N: They divided his garments by casting lots.
The people stood by and watched; the rulers, meanwhile, sneered at Jesus and said,
C: "He saved others, let him save himself if he is the chosen one, the Christ of God."
N: Even the soldiers jeered at Jesus. As they approached to offer him wine they called out,
C: "If you are King of the Jews, save yourself."
N: Above Jesus there was an inscription that read, "This is the King of the Jews."
 
N: Now one of the criminals hanging there reviled Jesus, saying,
O: "Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us."
N: The other, however, rebuking him, said in reply,
O: "Have you no fear of God, for you are subject to the same condemnation? And indeed, we have been condemned justly, for the sentence we received corresponds to our crimes, but this man has done nothing criminal."
N: Then he said,
O: "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."
N: Jesus replied to him,
J: "Amen, I say to you,
today you will be with me in Paradise.
 
N: It was now about noon and darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon
because of an eclipse of the sun. Then the veil of the temple was torn down the middle. Jesus cried out in a loud voice,
J: "Father, into your hands I commend my spirit";
N: And when Jesus had said this he breathed his last.
 
(Here all kneel and pause for a short time.)
 
N: The centurion who witnessed what had happened glorified God and said,
O: "This man was innocent beyond doubt."
N: When all the people who had gathered for this spectacle saw what had happened, they returned home beating their breasts; but all his acquaintances stood at a distance, including the women who had followed Jesus from Galilee and saw these events.
- The Gospel of the Lord.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
 
 
Nicene Creed
 
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
 
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
 
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
 
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
 
 
Prayer of the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
 
All: O Lord hear our prayer, O Lord hear our prayer, when I call answer me.
O Lord hear our prayer, O Lord hear our prayer, come and listen to me.
 
 
OFFERTORY HYMN
 
By the blood that flowed from thee
1. By the Blood that flowed from Thee,
In Thy bitter agony;
By the scourge so meekly borne;
By Thy purple robe of scorn.*
 
* Jesus, Saviour, hear our cry;
Thou wert suff’ring once as we:
Now enthroned in majesty
Countless angels sing to thee.
 
2. By the thorns that crowned Thy Head;
By Thy scepter of a reed;
By Thy footstep faint and slow,
Weighed beneath Thy cross of woe.*
 
3. By the nails and pointed spear;
By Thy people's cruel jeer;
By Thy dying prayer which rose,
Begging mercy for Thy foes.*
 
4. By the darkness black as night,
Blotting out the sun from sight;
By the cry with which in death,
Thou didst yield Thy parting breath.*
.
 
 
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
 
P✠: Pray, brethren (brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy Church. 
 
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
 
P✠: It is truly right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
 
 
Sanctus
 
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts. 
Heaven and earth are full of your glory. 
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord. 
Hosanna in the highest. 
 
P✠: You are indeed Holy, O Lord, the…. 
 
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying:
 
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
 
P✠: In a similar way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks, he gave it to his disciples, saying:
 
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
 
P✠: The mystery of faith.
All: We proclaim your Death, O Lord, and profess your Resurrection until You come again.
 
P✠: Therefore, as we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
 
P✠: Through him, and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
 
 
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
 
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts,
as we forgive those who debt against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.
 
P✠: Deliver us, Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, now and for ever.
 
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
 
 
Agnus Dei
 
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
 
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ,....
 
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
 
 
COMMUNION HYMN
 
In Love for Me
 
1. This is my body, broken for you,
Bringing you wholeness, making you free.
Take it and eat it.
And as you do, do it in love for Me.
 
2. This is my blood poured out for you,
Bringing forgiveness, making you free.
Take it and drink it,
And as you do, do it in love for Me.
 
3. Back to my Father soon I shall go
Do not forget me, then you will see
I am still with you, and you will know
you’re very close to me.
 
4. Filled with my Spirit, how you will grow
You are my branches, I am the tree
If you are faithful, others will know
you are alive in me.
 
5. Love one another, I have loved you
and I have shown you how to be free
serve one another, and when you do
do it in love for me.
 
 
The Servant King
 
1. From heav’n You came, helpless Babe,
Entered our world, Your glory veiled;
Not to be served, but to serve.
And give Your life that we might live. *
 
* This is our God, the Servant King
He calls us now to follow Him;
To bring our lives as a daily offering
Of worship to the Servant King.
 
2. There in the garden of tears,
My heavy load He chose to bear;
His heart with sorrow was torn.
“Yet not My will, but Yours,” He said. *
 
3. Come, see His hands and His feet,
The scars that speak of sacrifice;
Hands that flung stars into space,
To cruel nails surrendered. *
 
4. So let us learn how to serve,
And in our lives enthrone Him;
Each other’s needs to prefer,
For it is Christ we’re serving. *
 
 
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray.  ….. 
….. 
All: Amen.
 
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
RECESSIONAL HYMN
 
Lord of the Dance
 
1. I danced in the morning when the world was begun,
And I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun,
And I came down from heaven and I danced on the earth:
At Bethlehem I had my birth.*
 
* Dance, then, wherever you may be,
I am the Lord of the dance, said he,
And I'll lead you all, wherever you may be,
And I'll lead you all in the dance, said he.
 
2. I danced for the scribe and the Pharisee,
But they would not dance and they wouldn't follow me;
I danced for the fishermen, for James and John;
They came with me and the dance went on:*
 
3. I danced on the Sabbath and I cured the lame:
The holy people they said it was a shame.
They whipped and they stripped and they hung me on high,
And they left me there on a cross to die:*
 
4. I danced on a Friday when the sky turned black;
It's hard to dance with the devil on your back.
They buried my body and they thought I'd gone;
But I am the dance, and I still go on:*
 
5. They cut me down and I leapt up high;
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me:
I am the Lord of the dance, said he.*
 
 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOOD FRIDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) 3 April 2026

HOLY THURSDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) (2 April 2026)

CTK English Mass - The Nativity of the Lord (24 Dec 2025)