CTK English Mass – 5th Sunday (9 Feb 2025)

CTK English Mass – 5th Sunday (9 Feb 2025)
 

The Jubilee Prayer 2025

Pilgrims of Hope


Father in heaven, 

may the faith you have given us in your son, Jesus Christ, our brother, and the flame of charity enkindled in our hearts by the Holy Spirit, reawaken in us the blessed hope for the coming of your Kingdom.


May your grace transform us into tireless cultivators of the seeds of the Gospel. 

May those seeds transform from within both humanity and the whole cosmos in the sure expectation of a new heaven and a new earth, when, with the powers of Evil vanquished, your glory will shine eternally.


May the grace of the Jubilee reawaken in us, Pilgrims of Hope, 

a yearning for the treasures of heaven. 

May that same grace spread the joy and peace of our Redeemer throughout the earth.

To you our God, eternally blessed, be glory and praise for ever 

Amen



 
ENTRANCE HYMN
 
 
King of the Nations
 
1. Come let us worship Jesus
King of the nations Lord of all
Magnificent and glorious
Just and merciful *
 
* Jesus King of the nations
Jesus Lord of all
Jesus King of the nations
Lord of all
 
2. Lavish our heart's affection
Deepest love and highest praise
Voice race and language blending
All the world amazed *
 
3. Bring tributes from the nations
Come in joyful cavalcade
One thunderous acclamation
One banner raised *
 
4. Come, Lord, and fill Your temple
Glorify Your dwelling place
'Til nations see Your splendor
And seek Your face *
 
 
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
 
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
 
 
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
 
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father. 
 
Lord Jesus Christ, Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father: you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us. You take away the sins of the world, receive our prayer. You are seated at the right hand of the Father, have mercy on us.
 
For you alone are the Holy One. You alone are the Lord. You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit in the glory of God the Father. Amen.
 
 
1st Reading – Isaiah 6:1-2a, 3-8
In the year King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a high and lofty throne, with the train of his garment filling the temple. Seraphim were stationed above.
 
They cried one to the other, "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts! All the earth is filled with his glory!" At the sound of that cry, the frame of the door shook and the house was filled with smoke.
 
Then I said, "Woe is me, I am doomed! For I am a man of unclean lips, living among a people of unclean lips; yet my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!" Then one of the seraphim flew to me, holding an ember that he had taken with tongs from the altar.
 
He touched my mouth with it, and said, "See, now that this has touched your lips, your wickedness is removed, your sin purged."
 
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send?  Who will go for us?" "Here I am," I said; "send me!"
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
Responsorial Psalm – Psalm 138:1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 7-8
R. In the sight of the angels I will sing your praises, Lord.
 
I will give thanks to you, O LORD, with all my heart, for you have heard the words of my mouth; in the presence of the angels I will sing your praise; I will worship at your holy temple and give thanks to your name.
R. In the sight of the angels I will sing your praises, Lord.
 
Because of your kindness and your truth; for you have made great above all things your name and your promise. When I called, you answered me; you built up strength within me.
R. In the sight of the angels I will sing your praises, Lord.
 
All the kings of the earth shall give thanks to you, O LORD, when they hear the words of your mouth; and they shall sing of the ways of the LORD: "Great is the glory of the LORD."
R. In the sight of the angels I will sing your praises, Lord.
 
Your right hand saves me. The LORD will complete what he has done for me; your kindness, O LORD, endures forever; forsake not the work of your hands.
R. In the sight of the angels I will sing your praises, Lord.
 
 
2nd Reading –  1 Corinthians 15:1-11
I am reminding you, brothers and sisters, of the gospel I preached to you, which you indeed received and in which you also stand.
 
Through it you are also being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.
 
For I handed on to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures; that he was buried; that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures; that he appeared to Cephas, then to the Twelve.
 
After that, Christ appeared to more than five hundred brothers at once, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep.
 
After that he appeared to James, then to all the apostles.
 
Last of all, as to one born abnormally, he appeared to me.
 
For I am the least of the apostles, not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
 
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me has not been ineffective.
 
Indeed, I have toiled harder than all of them; not I, however, but the grace of God that is with me.
 
Therefore, whether it be I or they, so we preach and so you believed.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
Alleluia – Matthew 4:19
Come after me and I will make you fishers of men.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
 
Gospel - Luke 5:1-11
While the crowd was pressing in on Jesus and listening to the word of God, he was standing by the Lake of Gennesaret. He saw two boats there alongside the lake; the fishermen had disembarked and were washing their nets. Getting into one of the boats, the one belonging to Simon, he asked him to put out a short distance from the shore. Then he sat down and taught the crowds from the boat. After he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, "Put out into deep water and lower your nets for a catch."
 
Simon said in reply, "Master, we have worked hard all night and have caught nothing, but at your command I will lower the nets." When they had done this, they caught a great number of fish and their nets were tearing. They signaled to their partners in the other boat to come to help them. They came and filled both boats so that the boats were in danger of sinking.
 
When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at the knees of Jesus and said, "Depart from me, Lord, for I am a sinful man." For astonishment at the catch of fish they had made seized him and all those with him, and likewise James and John, the sons of Zebedee, who were partners of Simon.
 
Jesus said to Simon, "Do not be afraid; from now on you will be catching men."
 
When they brought their boats to the shore, they left everything and followed him.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
 
 
Nicene Creed
 
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
 
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
 
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
 
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
 
 
Prayer of the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
 
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our prayer, we ask you Lord, listen to our prayer
 
 
OFFERTORY HYMN
 
Holy, holy, holy
 
1. Holy, holy, holy
Lord God almighty
Early in the morning my song shall rise to thee
Holy. holy, holy
Merciful and mighty
God in three persons, blessed Trinity
 
2. Holy, holy, holy
All the saints adore Thee
Casting down their golden crowns around the glassy sea
All the cherubim and seraphim are falling down before Thee
Which wert and art and evermore shalt be
 
3. Holy, holy, holy
Though the darkness hide Thee
Though the eyes of sinful man Thy glory may not see
Lord, only Thou art holy and there is none beside Thee
Perfect in power, in love and purity
 
4. Holy, holy, holy
Lord God almighty
All Thy works shall praise Thy name in earth and sky and sea
Holy, holy, holy
Merciful and mighty
You are God in three persons, blessed Trinity
You are God in three persons, blessed Trinity
Oh, God in three persons, blessed Trinity
 
 
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
 
P✠: Pray, brethren (brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy Church. 
 
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
 
P✠: It is truly right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
 
 
Sanctus
 
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts. 
Heaven and earth are full of your glory. 
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord. 
Hosanna in the highest. 
 
P✠: You are indeed Holy, O Lord, the…. 
 
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying:
 
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
 
P✠: In a similar way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks, he gave it to his disciples, saying:
 
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
 
P✠: The mystery of faith.
All: When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup, we proclaim your Death, O Lord, until you come again.
 
P✠: Therefore, as we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
 
P✠: Through him, and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
 
 
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
 
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
 
P✠: Deliver us, Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, now and for ever.
 
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
 
 
Agnus Dei
 
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
 
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ,....
 
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
 
 
COMMUNION HYMN
 
Here am I, Send Me
 
Here am I, send me.
Here am I, Lord, send me.
Unto Thee, willingly, yielded I come.
Show the path that I must walk, compel me then to go,
And if I stray, bring back the light of day,
For here am I, send me, I pray.*
 
*Send me to be what's created in me
Formed in Your image I stand
Turn my weakness into Your power,
power to be at last all I'm able to be
 
Here am I, send me.
Here am I, Lord, send me.
Precious Holy Spirit, come, fill me anew.
Give me wisdom, send me strength,
Grant that I may be a mirror of Your never-ending love,
For here am I, send me, I pray.*
 
 
Be Not Afraid
 
1. You shall cross the barren dessert,
but you shall not die of thirst.
You shall wander far in safety
though you do not know the way.
You shall speak your words in foreign lands
and all will understand.
You shall se the face of God and live. *
 
* Be not afraid. I go before you always.
Come follow me, and I will give you rest.
 
2. If you pass through raging waters in the sea,
you shall not drown.
If you walk amid the burning flames,
you shall not be harmed.
If you stand before the power of hell
and death is at your side,
know that I am with you through it all. *
 
3. Blessed are your poor,
for the Kingdom shall be theirs
Blest are you that weep and mourn,
for one day you shall laugh.
And if wicked tongues insult and hate you all because of me,
Blessed, blessed are you! *
 
 
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray.  ….. 
….. 
All: Amen.

Prayer for the 

100th Anniversary of 

St. Margaret's Church

 

Merciful Father, we thank you for sending us enthusiastic missionaries who, jointly with Chinese priests, sowed the seeds of the Gospel a hundred years ago in this parish and established a community devoted to the worship of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Since we have inherited Your boundless love for all, we are committed to joyfully spread the love of the Sacred Heart and to actively build the church here.


As we celebrate the centenary of our parish church with gratitude, we pray that You send the Holy Spirit to assist us, grant us perseverance and patience, and guide us to become the salt and light of the world according to the teachings of Jesus Christ. May we bring the love experienced into our families and communities, as we spread the Gospel.

 

We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God for ever and ever, Amen.

 

Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us!

St. Margaret, pray for us!


P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
RECESSIONAL HYMN
 
Here I am, Lord
 
1. I, the Lord of sea and sky,
I have heard my people cry.
All who dwell in dark and sin
My hand will save.
I who made the stars of night,
I will make their darkness bright.
Who will bear my light to them?
Whom shall I send? *
 
* Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.
 
 
2. I, the Lord of snow and rain,
I have borne my people's pain.
I have wept for love of them.
They turn away.
I will break their hearts of stone,
Give them hearts for love alone.
I will speak my word to them.
Whom shall I send? *
 
3. I, the Lord of wind and flame,
I will tend the poor and lame.
I will set a feast for them.
My hand will save.
Finest bread I will provide
Till their hearts be satisfied.
I will give my life to them.
Whom shall I send? *
 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOOD FRIDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) 3 April 2026

HOLY THURSDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) (2 April 2026)

CTK English Mass - The Nativity of the Lord (24 Dec 2025)