CTK English Mass – 1st Advent Sunday (1 Dec 2024
CTK English Mass – 1st Advent Sunday (1 Dec 2024)
ENTRANCE HYMN
The Hour Has Struck for Your Saving
*The hour has struck for Your saving
Rejoice, redemption nigh.
1. The time appointed has come, for the Kingdom of God is approaching
Lift up your hands, the hour of hope is at hand.*
2. The time appointed has come, for today you are called by the Saviour.
Listen to Him, receive with fervour the good news.*
3. The time appointed has come, for the Lord calls and gathers disciples,
Come, follow Him, that He may give you new life.*
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Lord Jesus Christ, Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father: you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us. You take away the sins of the world, receive our prayer. You are seated at the right hand of the Father, have mercy on us.
For you alone are the Holy One. You alone are the Lord. You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit in the glory of God the Father. Amen.
1st Reading – Jeramiah 33:14-16
The days are coming, says the LORD, when I will fulfill the promise I made to the house of Israel and Judah.
In those days, in that time, I will raise up for David a just shoot ; he shall do what is right and just in the land.
In those days Judah shall be safe and Jerusalem shall dwell secure; this is what they shall call her:
“The LORD our justice.”
All: Thanks be to God.
Responsorial Psalm – Psalm 25: 4-5, 8-9, 10, 14
R. To you, O Lord, I lift my soul.
Your ways, O LORD, make known to me; teach me your paths,
Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my savior, and for you I wait all the day.
R. To you, O Lord, I lift my soul.
Good and upright is the LORD; thus he shows sinners the way.
He guides the humble to justice, and teaches the humble his way.
R. To you, O Lord, I lift my soul.
All the paths of the LORD are kindness and constancy toward those who keep his covenant and his decrees.
The friendship of the LORD is with those who fear him, and his covenant, for their instruction.
R. To you, O Lord, I lift my soul.
2nd Reading - 1 Thessalonians 3:12-4:2
Brothers and sisters:
May the Lord make you increase and abound in love
for one another and for all, just as we have for you, so as to strengthen your hearts, to be blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all his holy ones. Amen.
Finally, brothers and sisters,
we earnestly ask and exhort you in the Lord Jesus that, as you received from us how you should conduct yourselves to please God and as you are conducting yourselves you do so even more.
For you know what instructions we gave you through the Lord Jesus.
All: Thanks be to God.
Alleluia – Psalm 85:8
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Show us, Lord, your love; and grant us your salvation.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Gospel – Luke 21:25-28, 34-36
Jesus said to his disciples:
“There will be signs in the sun, the moon, and the stars,
and on earth nations will be in dismay, perplexed by the roaring of the sea and the waves.
People will die of fright in anticipation of what is coming upon the world, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
But when these signs begin to happen, stand erect and raise your heads because your redemption is at hand.
“Beware that your hearts do not become drowsy from carousing and drunkenness and the anxieties of daily life,
and that day catch you by surprise like a trap.
For that day will assault everyone who lives on the face of the earth.
Be vigilant at all times and pray that you have the strength to escape the tribulations that are imminent and to stand before the Son of Man.”
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
Nicene Creed
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Prayer of the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
All: O Lord hear my prayer, O Lord hear my prayer, when I call answer me.
O Lord hear my prayer, O Lord hear my prayer, come and listen to me.
OFFERTORY HYMN
Come Lord Jesus
1. Christ come quickly, there’s danger at the door,
Poverty a plenty, hearts gone wild with war
There is hunger in the city and famine on the plain.*
* Come Lord Jesus, the light is dying
The night keeps crying, come Lord Jesus
2. What demands a hearing in far many lands
The sick go untended, death deals a heavy hand
The dreams of men are empty, their cup of sorrow full.*
3. The world awaits in darkness, a might burst of light,
To see the lame man leaping to give the blind man sight
We have the prophet’s promise we await the prince of peace.*
4. The clouds shall send a savior like softly falling rain,
Yet might in his power to free us from our chains
His shield will be compassion his weapon, liberty
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
P✠: Pray, brethren (brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy Church.
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
P✠: It is truly right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
Sanctus
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
P✠: You are indeed Holy, O Lord, the….
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
P✠: In a similar way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks, he gave it to his disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
P✠: The mystery of faith.
All: Save us, save us, Saviour of the world. For by Your cross and resurrection. You have set us free.
P✠: Therefore, as we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
P✠: Through him, and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: Deliver us, Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, now and for ever.
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Agnus Dei
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ,....
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
COMMUNION HYMN
Lotus and Wild Honey
1. There was a man named John the Baptist,
and here is his message:
Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is right at hand. *
* Man cannot live on bread alone,
but on ev’ry word that comes from
the mouth of God.
For the time has come,
and the kingdom of God is right at hand.
Repent and believe the good news.
Repent and believe the good news.
2. This man John wore a garment of camel’s skin
with a leather rope ‘round his waist.
All he ate was locusts and wild honey
Guide You Back to Me
1. My eyes are heavy, my body is tired.
I can no longer look up to heaven.
The Lord said to me,
the soul is willing but the flesh is weak.
2. When I am frighten, my heart is shaken.
I feel I can no longer follow.
When the sky turns black,
When trails come near then I turn away.
3. My child, my child, why have you left me,
To wander in cold and in darkness.
My child, my child, I’ll light a candle to guide you back to me.
4. I cried to my Lord, I know that I’m weak,
Please help me to walk as you’ve told me.
The Lord said, my dear, just hold tight the cross,
And I’ll lead you through.
5. My child, my child, I’m waiting for you
To come back from cold and from darkness.
My child, my child, I’ve light a candle to guide you back to Me
To guide you back to Me.
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray. …..
…..
All: Amen.
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
RECESSIONAL HYMN
Turn to Me
* Turn to me, O turn, and be saved,
says the Lord, for I am God
there is no other, none beside me.
I call your name.
1. I am He that comforts you
who are you to be afraid of flesh that fades,
is made like the grass of the field, soon to wither. *
2. Listen to me, my people;
Give ear to me, my nation;
A law will go forth from me and my justice for a light
to the people. *
3. Lift up your eyes to the heavens,
and look at the earth down below.
The heavens will vanish like smoke,
and the earth will wear out like a garment. *
Comments
Post a Comment