CTK English Mass – 33rd Sunday (17 Nov 2024)

CTK English Mass – 33rd Sunday (17 Nov 2024)
 
 
ENTRANCE HYMN
 
 
All the Nations of the Earth
 
*All the nation of the earth
praise the Lord who brings to birth
the greatest star the smallest flower,
Alleluia
 
1. Let the heavens praise the Lord, Alleluia
Moon and stars, praise the Lord, Alleluia*
 
2. Snow capped mountains, praise the Lord, Alleluia
Rolling hills, praise the Lord, Alleluia*
 
3. Deep sea water, praise the Lord, Alleluia
Gentle rain, praise the Lord, Alleluia*
 
4. Roaring lion, praise the Lord, Alleluia
Singing birds, praise the Lord, Alleluia*
 
5. Kings and princes, praise the Lord, Alleluia
Young and old, praise the Lord, Alleluia*
 
 
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
 
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
 
 
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
 
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father. 
 
Lord Jesus Christ, Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father: you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us. You take away the sins of the world, receive our prayer. You are seated at the right hand of the Father, have mercy on us.
 
For you alone are the Holy One. You alone are the Lord. You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit in the glory of God the Father. Amen.
 
 
1st Reading – Daniel 12:1-3
In those days, I Daniel, heard this word of the Lord:
 
"At that time there shall arise Michael, the great prince, guardian of your people;it shall be a time unsurpassed in distress since nations began until that time.
 
At that time your people shall escape everyone who is found written in the book.
“Many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake; some shall live forever, others shall be an everlasting horror and disgrace.
 
“But the wise shall shine brightly like the splendor of the firmament, and those who lead the many to justice shall be like the stars forever."
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
Responsorial Psalm – Psalm 16:5, 8, 9-10, 11
R. You are my inheritance, O Lord!
 
O LORD, my allotted portion and my cup, you it is who hold fast my lot.
I set the LORD ever before me; with him at my right hand I shall not be disturbed.
The LORD sets captives free.
R. You are my inheritance, O Lord!
 
Therefore my heart is glad and my soul rejoices, my body, too, abides in confidence; because you will not abandon my soul to the netherworld, nor will you suffer your faithful one to undergo corruption.
R. You are my inheritance, O Lord!
 
You will show me the path to life, fullness of joys in your presence, the delights at your right hand forever.
R. You are my inheritance, O Lord!
 
 
2nd Reading - Hebrews 10:11-14, 18
 
Brothers and sisters:
Every priest stands daily at his ministry, offering frequently those same sacrifices that can never take away sins.
But this one offered one sacrifice for sins, and took his seat forever at the right hand of God; now he waits until his enemies are made his footstool.
 
For by one offering he has made perfect forever those who are being consecrated.
Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer offering for sin.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
Alleluia – Luke 21:36
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Be vigilant at all times and pray that you have the strength to stand before the Son of Man.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
 
 
Gospel - Mark 13:24-32
 
Jesus said to his disciples:
 
"In those days after that tribulation the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will be falling from the sky, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken.
 
"And then they will see 'the Son of Man coming in the clouds' with great power and glory, and then he will send out the angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the end of the earth to the end of the sky.
 
"Learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branch l becomes tender and sprouts leaves, you know that summer is near.In the same way, when you see these things happening, know that he is near, at the gates. Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.
 
"But of that day or hour, no one knows, neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
 
 
Nicene Creed
 
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
 
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
 
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
 
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
 
 
Prayer of the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
 
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our prayer, we ask you Lord, listen to our prayer
 
 
OFFERTORY HYMN
 
All that I am
 
1. All that I am, all that I do,
All that I'll ever have, I offer now to you.
Take and sanctify these gifts
For your honour, Lord.
Knowing that I love and serve you
Is enough reward.
All that I am, all that I do,
All that I'll ever have I offer now to you.
 
2. All that I dream, all that I pray,
All that I'll ever make, I give to you today.
Take and sanctify these gifts
For your honour, Lord.
Knowing that I love and serve you
Is enough reward.
All that I am, all that I do,
All that I'll ever have I offer now to you.
 
 
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
 
P✠: Pray, brethren (brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy Church. 
 
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
 
P✠: It is truly right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
 
 
Sanctus
 
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts. 
Heaven and earth are full of your glory. 
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord. 
Hosanna in the highest. 
 
P✠: You are indeed Holy, O Lord, the…. 
 
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying:
 
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
 
P✠: In a similar way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks, he gave it to his disciples, saying:
 
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
 
P✠: The mystery of faith.
All: When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup, we proclaim your Death, O Lord, until you come again.
 
P✠: Therefore, as we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
 
P✠: Through him, and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
 
 
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
 
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
 
P✠: Deliver us, Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, now and for ever.
 
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
 
 
Agnus Dei
 
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
 
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ,....
 
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
 
 
COMMUNION HYMN
 
How Excellent is Your Name
 
O Lord our Lord
How excellent Your name is
How excellent Your name in all the earth
Your glory fills the heaven
Beyond the farthest star
How excellent Your name in all the earth
 
When I think about the heavens
The moons and all the stars
I wonder what You ever saw in me
But You took me and you loved me
And You've given me a crown
And now I'll praise Your name eternally
 
 
He
 
1. He can turn the tides and calm the angry sea
He alone decides who writes a symphony
He lights every star that makes a darkness bright
He keeps watch all through each long and lonely night
 
He still finds the time to hear a child's first prayer
Saint or sinner call and always find Him there
Though it makes Him sad to see the way we live
He'll always say, I forgive
 
2. He can grant a wish or make a dream come true
He can paint the clouds and turn gray to blue
He alone is there to find a rainbow's end
He alone can see what lies beyond the bend
 
He can touch a tree and turn the leaves to gold
He knows every lie that you and I have told
Though it makes Him sad to see the way we live
He'll always say, I forgive
 
 
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray.  ….. 
….. 
All: Amen.
 
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
RECESSIONAL HYMN
 
All the Ends of the Earth
 
*All the ends of the earth, all you creatures of the sea,
lift up your eyes to the wonders of the Lord.
For the Lord of the earth, the Master of the sea,
has come with justice for the world.
 
1. Break into song at the deeds of the Lord,
the wonders God has done in every age. *
 
2. Heaven and earth shall rejoice in your might;
every heart, every nation call you Lord. *
 
3. The Lord has made salvation known,
faithful to the promises of old.
Let the ends of the earth, let the sea
and all it holds make music before our God! *
 
 
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOOD FRIDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) 3 April 2026

HOLY THURSDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) (2 April 2026)

CTK English Mass – Feast of Holy Family (28 Dec 2025)