CTK English Mass – 24th Sunday (15 Sep 2024)
CTK English Mass – 24th Sunday (15
Sep 2024)
ENTRANCE HYMN
The
Lord is My Light
* The Lord is my light
and my salvation,
of whom should I be afraid,
of whom should I be afraid,
1. The Lord is my light
and my help;
whom should I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life;
before whom should I shrink? *
2. There is one thing I
ask of the Lord;
For this I long;
To live in the house of the Lord
All the days of my life. *
3. I believe I shall
see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living
Hope in God, and take heart,
Hope in the Lord. *
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and
sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I
have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my
fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask
blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and
sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Lord Jesus Christ,
Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father: you take away the
sins of the world, have mercy on us. You take away the sins of the world,
receive our prayer. You are seated at the right hand of the Father, have mercy
on us.
For you alone are the Holy
One. You alone are the Lord. You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with
the Holy Spirit in the glory of God the Father. Amen.
1st Reading – Isaiah 50:5-9a
The Lord GOD opens my ear that I may hear; and I have not rebelled, have not turned back.
I gave my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who plucked my beard; my face I did not shield from buffets and spitting.
The Lord GOD is my help, therefore I
am not disgraced; I have set my face like flint,
knowing that I shall not be put to shame.
He is near who upholds my right; if anyone wishes to oppose me, let us appear together. Who disputes my right? Let that man confront me. See, the Lord GOD is my help; who will prove me wrong?
All: Thanks be to God.
Responsorial Psalm – Psalm 116:1-2,
3-4, 5-6, 8-9
R. I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living.
I love the LORD because he has heard
my voice in supplication, because he has inclined his ear to me the day I
called.
R. I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living.
The cords of death encompassed me;
the snares of the netherworld seized upon me; I fell into distress and sorrow,
and I called upon the name of the LORD, "O LORD, save my life!"
R. I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living.
Gracious is the LORD and just; yes,
our God is merciful. The LORD keeps the little ones; I was brought low, and he
saved me.
R. I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living.
For he has freed my soul from death,
my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling. I shall walk before the Lord in the
land of the living.
R. I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living.
2nd Reading - James 2:14-18
What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?
If a brother or sister has nothing to wear and has no food for the day, and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well, " but you do not give them the necessities of the body, what good is it?
So also faith of itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
Indeed someone might say, "You have faith and I have works."
Demonstrate your faith to me without works, and I will demonstrate my faith to you from my works.
All: Thanks be to God.
Alleluia – Gal 6:14
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord through which the world has been crucified to me and I to the world.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Gospel – Mark 8:27-35
Jesus and his disciples set out for the villages of Caesarea Philippi.
Along the way he asked his disciples, "Who do people say that I am?"
They said in reply, "John the Baptist, others Elijah, still others one of the prophets."
And he asked them, "But who do you say that I am?"
Peter said to him in reply, "You are the Christ."
Then he warned them not to tell anyone about him.
He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer greatly and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests, and the scribes, and be killed, and rise after three days.
He spoke this openly. Then Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him.
At this he turned around and, looking at his disciples, rebuked Peter and said, "Get behind me, Satan. You are thinking not as God does, but as human beings do."
He summoned the crowd with his disciples and said to them, "Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and that of the gospel will save it."
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
Alleluia
– John 6:63c, 68c
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Your words, Lord, are Spirit and life; you have the words of everlasting life.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Gospel
– John 6:60-69
Many of Jesus' disciples who were listening said, "This saying is hard; who can accept it?"
Since Jesus knew that his disciples were murmuring about this, he said to them, "Does this shock you?
What if you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where he was before?
It is the spirit that gives life, while the flesh is of no avail.
The words I have spoken to you are Spirit and life.
But there are some of you who do not believe."
Jesus knew from the beginning the ones who would not believe and the one who would betray him.
And he said, "For this reason I have told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by my Father."
As a result of this, many of his disciples returned to their former way of life and no longer accompanied him. Jesus then said to the Twelve, "Do you also want to leave?"
Simon Peter answered him, "Master, to whom shall we go?
You have the words of eternal life.
We have come to believe and are convinced that you are the Holy One of God."
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
Nicene Creed
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he
suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Prayer of
the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our prayer, we ask you
Lord, listen to our prayer
OFFERTORY
HYMN
Whatsoever
You Do
* Whatsoever you do to
the least of my brothers,
That you do unto me.
1. When I was hungry
you gave me to eat.
When I was thirsty you gave me to drink.
Now enter into the home of my Father. *
2. When I was homeless,
you opened your door.
When I was naked, you gave me your coat.
Now enter into the home of my Father. *
3. When I was little,
you taught me to read.
When I was lonely, you gave me your love.
Now enter into the home of my Father. *
4. In a strange
country, you made me at home.
Searching for kindness, you held out your hand.
Now enter into the home of my Father. *
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
P✠: Pray, brethren
(brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the
almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the
praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy
Church.
P✠: The Lord be
with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
P✠: It is truly
right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
Sanctus
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
P✠: You are indeed
Holy, O Lord, the….
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his
Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his
disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
P✠: In a similar
way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks,
he gave it to his disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
P✠: The mystery of
faith.
All: When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup, we proclaim
your Death, O Lord, until you come again.
P✠: Therefore, as
we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
P✠: Through him,
and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: Deliver us,
Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by
the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all
distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus
Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours,
now and for ever.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look
not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her
peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and
ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Agnus Dei
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have
mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ,....
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes
away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
COMMUNION HYMN
You
are Near
* O Lord, I know you are near,
standing always at my side.
You guard me from the foe,
and you lead me in ways everlasting.
1. Lord, you have searched my heart,
and you know when I sit and when I stand.
Your hand is upon me, protecting me from death,
keeping me from harm.*
2. Where can I run from your love?
If I climb to the heavens you are there
if I fly to the sunrise or sail beyond the sea,
still I'd find you there.*
3. You know my heart and its ways,
you who formed me before I was born,
in the secret of darkness before I saw the sun,
in my mother's womb.*
4. Marvelous to me are your works
how profound are your thoughts, my Lord.
Even if I could count them, they number as the stars,
you would still be there.*
Come
Follow Me
1. My love, my life
I've given to One who is divine
For His great love is boundless, it has captured all of mine
He is my Lord and Saviour, the Son of God made Man
He said to me "Come, follow me", the Son of God made Man
Hearing His voice, I made my choice, the Son of God made Man
2. Few people know the
secret that when one's love is pure
The peace and joy that Christ gives are beyond all dreams for sure
No greater love than His
Then in all the world I'll find, He is my King, everything
The Son of God made Man, King, He shall be, eternally
The Son of God made Man
* The King of Glory.
The Son of God made Man
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray. …..
…..
All: Amen.
P✠:
The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
RECESSIONAL HYMN
Amazing
Grace
1. Amazing grace how
sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me,
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
2. ‘Twas grace that
taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved,
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believed.
3. Through many
dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come,
‘Tis grace that brought me safe thus far,
and grace will lead me home.
4. When we’ve been here
ten thousand years.
Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
Than when we’d first begun.
of whom should I be afraid,
of whom should I be afraid,
whom should I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life;
before whom should I shrink? *
For this I long;
To live in the house of the Lord
All the days of my life. *
In the land of the living
Hope in God, and take heart,
Hope in the Lord. *
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
The Lord GOD opens my ear that I may hear; and I have not rebelled, have not turned back.
I gave my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who plucked my beard; my face I did not shield from buffets and spitting.
knowing that I shall not be put to shame.
He is near who upholds my right; if anyone wishes to oppose me, let us appear together. Who disputes my right? Let that man confront me. See, the Lord GOD is my help; who will prove me wrong?
All: Thanks be to God.
R. I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living.
R. I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living.
R. I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living.
R. I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living.
R. I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living.
What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?
If a brother or sister has nothing to wear and has no food for the day, and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well, " but you do not give them the necessities of the body, what good is it?
So also faith of itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
Indeed someone might say, "You have faith and I have works."
Demonstrate your faith to me without works, and I will demonstrate my faith to you from my works.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord through which the world has been crucified to me and I to the world.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Jesus and his disciples set out for the villages of Caesarea Philippi.
Along the way he asked his disciples, "Who do people say that I am?"
They said in reply, "John the Baptist, others Elijah, still others one of the prophets."
And he asked them, "But who do you say that I am?"
Peter said to him in reply, "You are the Christ."
Then he warned them not to tell anyone about him.
He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer greatly and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests, and the scribes, and be killed, and rise after three days.
He spoke this openly. Then Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him.
At this he turned around and, looking at his disciples, rebuked Peter and said, "Get behind me, Satan. You are thinking not as God does, but as human beings do."
He summoned the crowd with his disciples and said to them, "Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and that of the gospel will save it."
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Your words, Lord, are Spirit and life; you have the words of everlasting life.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Many of Jesus' disciples who were listening said, "This saying is hard; who can accept it?"
Since Jesus knew that his disciples were murmuring about this, he said to them, "Does this shock you?
What if you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where he was before?
It is the spirit that gives life, while the flesh is of no avail.
The words I have spoken to you are Spirit and life.
But there are some of you who do not believe."
Jesus knew from the beginning the ones who would not believe and the one who would betray him.
And he said, "For this reason I have told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by my Father."
As a result of this, many of his disciples returned to their former way of life and no longer accompanied him. Jesus then said to the Twelve, "Do you also want to leave?"
Simon Peter answered him, "Master, to whom shall we go?
You have the words of eternal life.
We have come to believe and are convinced that you are the Holy One of God."
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
That you do unto me.
When I was thirsty you gave me to drink.
Now enter into the home of my Father. *
When I was naked, you gave me your coat.
Now enter into the home of my Father. *
When I was lonely, you gave me your love.
Now enter into the home of my Father. *
Searching for kindness, you held out your hand.
Now enter into the home of my Father. *
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
standing always at my side.
You guard me from the foe,
and you lead me in ways everlasting.
and you know when I sit and when I stand.
Your hand is upon me, protecting me from death,
keeping me from harm.*
If I climb to the heavens you are there
if I fly to the sunrise or sail beyond the sea,
still I'd find you there.*
you who formed me before I was born,
in the secret of darkness before I saw the sun,
in my mother's womb.*
how profound are your thoughts, my Lord.
Even if I could count them, they number as the stars,
you would still be there.*
For His great love is boundless, it has captured all of mine
He is my Lord and Saviour, the Son of God made Man
He said to me "Come, follow me", the Son of God made Man
Hearing His voice, I made my choice, the Son of God made Man
The peace and joy that Christ gives are beyond all dreams for sure
No greater love than His
Then in all the world I'll find, He is my King, everything
The Son of God made Man, King, He shall be, eternally
The Son of God made Man
P✠: Let us pray. …..
All: Amen.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
That saved a wretch like me,
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
And grace my fears relieved,
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believed.
I have already come,
‘Tis grace that brought me safe thus far,
and grace will lead me home.
Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
Than when we’d first begun.
Comments
Post a Comment