CTK English Mass – 14th Sunday (7 Jul 2024)
CTK English Mass – 14th Sunday (7
Jul 2024)
ENTRANCE HYMN
Majesty
Majesty, worship His
majesty,
Unto Jesus be all glory, power and praise.
Majesty, kingdom authority
flow from His throne unto His own, His anthem raise.
So exalt, lift up on
high the name of Jesus,
Magnify, come glorify Christ Jesus the King.
Majesty, worship His
majesty,
Jesus, who died, now glorified,
King of all kings.
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and
sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I
have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my
fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask
blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and
sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Lord Jesus Christ,
Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father: you take away the
sins of the world, have mercy on us. You take away the sins of the world,
receive our prayer. You are seated at the right hand of the Father, have mercy
on us.
For you alone are the Holy
One. You alone are the Lord. You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit in the glory of God
the Father. Amen.
1st Reading
– Ezekiel 2:2-5
As the LORD spoke to me, the spirit entered into me and set me on my feet, and I heard the one who was speaking say to me: Son of man, I am sending you to the Israelites,
rebels who have rebelled against me; they and their ancestors have revolted against me to this very day.
Hard of face and obstinate of heart are they to whom I am sending you.
But you shall say to them: Thus says the LORD GOD!
And whether they heed or resist—for they are a rebellious house— they shall know that a prophet has been among them.
All: Thanks be to God.
Responsorial
Psalm – Psalms 123:1-2, 2, 3-4
R. Our eyes are fixed on the Lord, pleading for his mercy.
To you I
lift up my eyes who are enthroned in heaven — as the eyes of servants are on
the hands of their masters.
R. Our eyes are fixed on the Lord, pleading for his mercy.
As the eyes
of a maid are on the hands of her mistress, so are our eyes on the LORD, our
God, till he have pity on us.
R. Our eyes are fixed on the Lord, pleading for his mercy.
Have pity on
us, O LORD, have pity on us, for we are more than sated with contempt; our
souls are more than sated with the mockery of the arrogant, with the contempt
of the proud.
R. Our eyes are fixed on the Lord, pleading for his mercy.
2nd Reading
–
2 Corinthians 12:7-10
Brothers and sisters:
That I, Paul, might not become too elated, because of the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, an angel of Satan, to beat me, to keep me from being too elated.
Three times I begged the Lord about this, that it might leave me, but he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.”
I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me.
Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong.
All: Thanks be to God.
Alleluia –
Cf. Luke 4:18
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, for he sent me to bring glad tidings to the poor.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Gospel –
Mark 6:1-6
Jesus departed from there and came to his native place, accompanied by his disciples.
When the sabbath came he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were astonished.
They said, “Where did this man get all this?
What kind of wisdom has been given him?
What mighty deeds are wrought by his hands!
Is he not the carpenter, the son of Mary, and the brother of James and Joses and Judas and Simon?
And are not his sisters here with us?”
And they took offense at him.
Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his native place and among his own kin and in his own house.”
So he was not able to perform any mighty deed there, apart from curing a few sick people by laying his hands on them.
He was amazed at their lack of faith.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
Nicene Creed
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he
suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Prayer of
the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our prayer, we ask you
Lord, listen to our prayer
OFFERTORY
HYMN
Take
Our Bread
* Take our bread, we
ask you, take our hearts,
we love you, take our lives, oh Father,
we are Yours, we are Yours.
1. Yours as we stand at
the table you set,
yours as we eat the bread our hearts can’t forget.
We are the signs of your life with us yet;
we are Yours, we are Yours.*
2. Your holy people
stand washed in Your blook.
Spirit filled, yet hungry, we await your food.
Poor though we are, we have brought ourselves to you;
we are Yours, we are Yours. *
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
P✠: Pray, brethren
(brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the
almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the
praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy
Church.
P✠: The Lord be
with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
P✠: It is truly
right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
Sanctus
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
P✠: You are indeed
Holy, O Lord, the….
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his
Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his
disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
P✠: In a similar
way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks,
he gave it to his disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
P✠: The mystery of
faith.
All: When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup, we proclaim
your Death, O Lord, until you come again.
P✠: Therefore, as
we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
P✠: Through him,
and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: Deliver us,
Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by
the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all
distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus
Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours,
now and for ever.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look
not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her
peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and
ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Agnus Dei
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have
mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ,....
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes
away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
COMMUNION HYMN
When
I Am Weak, I Am Strong
1. Peace is what I
leave with you, its My own peace I give
I do not give it as the world gives
So don't be worried and upset do not be afraid I'll come to you
I'll always be there
My grace is all you need, for My power is great
When you are weak, then you are strong
For I'll be with you, every step you take
When you are weak, then you are strong *
2. Peace is what I
leave with you, its My own peace I give
I do not give it as the world gives
So don't be worried and upset do not be afraid I'll come to you
I'll always be there
My grace is all you need, for My power is great
When you are weak, then you are strong
Yes Lord, I'm content with my weaknesses
For when I'm weak, then I am strong
Heal
Our Land
1. If My people will
humble themselves, humble themselves and pray
If they seek My face and humble themselves and turn from their wicked ways
I will hear from heaven and forgive their sin
I will hear from heaven and heal their land
* Lord, heal our land,
Father, heal our land
Hear our cry and turn our nation back to You
Lord, heal our land, hear us, O Lord, and heal our land
Forgive our sin and heal our broken land
2. Lord, we bow our
knee, we humble ourselves, humble ourselves and pray
Lord, we seek Your face, and we humble ourselves and turn from our wicked ways
Father, in Your mercy, forgive our sin
Father, in Your mercy, come, heal our land*
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray. …..
…..
All: Amen.
P✠:
The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
RECESSIONAL HYMN
Turn
to Me
* Turn to me, O turn,
and be saved,
says the Lord, for I am God
there is no other, none beside me.
I call your name.
1. I am He that
comforts you
who are you to be afraid of flesh that fades,
is made like the grass of the field, soon to wither. *
2. Listen to me, my
people;
Give ear to me, my nation;
A law will go forth from me and my justice for a light
to the people. *
3. Lift up your eyes to
the heavens,
and look at the earth down below.
The heavens will vanish like smoke,
and the earth will wear out like a garment. *
Unto Jesus be all glory, power and praise.
Majesty, kingdom authority
flow from His throne unto His own, His anthem raise.
Magnify, come glorify Christ Jesus the King.
Jesus, who died, now glorified,
King of all kings.
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
As the LORD spoke to me, the spirit entered into me and set me on my feet, and I heard the one who was speaking say to me: Son of man, I am sending you to the Israelites,
rebels who have rebelled against me; they and their ancestors have revolted against me to this very day.
Hard of face and obstinate of heart are they to whom I am sending you.
But you shall say to them: Thus says the LORD GOD!
And whether they heed or resist—for they are a rebellious house— they shall know that a prophet has been among them.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. Our eyes are fixed on the Lord, pleading for his mercy.
R. Our eyes are fixed on the Lord, pleading for his mercy.
R. Our eyes are fixed on the Lord, pleading for his mercy.
R. Our eyes are fixed on the Lord, pleading for his mercy.
2 Corinthians 12:7-10
Brothers and sisters:
That I, Paul, might not become too elated, because of the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, an angel of Satan, to beat me, to keep me from being too elated.
Three times I begged the Lord about this, that it might leave me, but he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.”
I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me.
Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, for he sent me to bring glad tidings to the poor.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Jesus departed from there and came to his native place, accompanied by his disciples.
When the sabbath came he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were astonished.
They said, “Where did this man get all this?
What kind of wisdom has been given him?
What mighty deeds are wrought by his hands!
Is he not the carpenter, the son of Mary, and the brother of James and Joses and Judas and Simon?
And are not his sisters here with us?”
And they took offense at him.
Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his native place and among his own kin and in his own house.”
So he was not able to perform any mighty deed there, apart from curing a few sick people by laying his hands on them.
He was amazed at their lack of faith.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
we love you, take our lives, oh Father,
we are Yours, we are Yours.
yours as we eat the bread our hearts can’t forget.
We are the signs of your life with us yet;
we are Yours, we are Yours.*
Spirit filled, yet hungry, we await your food.
Poor though we are, we have brought ourselves to you;
we are Yours, we are Yours. *
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
I do not give it as the world gives
So don't be worried and upset do not be afraid I'll come to you
I'll always be there
My grace is all you need, for My power is great
When you are weak, then you are strong
For I'll be with you, every step you take
When you are weak, then you are strong *
I do not give it as the world gives
So don't be worried and upset do not be afraid I'll come to you
I'll always be there
My grace is all you need, for My power is great
When you are weak, then you are strong
Yes Lord, I'm content with my weaknesses
For when I'm weak, then I am strong
If they seek My face and humble themselves and turn from their wicked ways
I will hear from heaven and forgive their sin
I will hear from heaven and heal their land
Hear our cry and turn our nation back to You
Lord, heal our land, hear us, O Lord, and heal our land
Forgive our sin and heal our broken land
Lord, we seek Your face, and we humble ourselves and turn from our wicked ways
Father, in Your mercy, forgive our sin
Father, in Your mercy, come, heal our land*
P✠: Let us pray. …..
All: Amen.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
says the Lord, for I am God
there is no other, none beside me.
I call your name.
who are you to be afraid of flesh that fades,
is made like the grass of the field, soon to wither. *
Give ear to me, my nation;
A law will go forth from me and my justice for a light
to the people. *
and look at the earth down below.
The heavens will vanish like smoke,
and the earth will wear out like a garment. *
Comments
Post a Comment