CTK English Mass – 6th Easter Sunday (5 May 2024)
CTK English Mass – 6th
Easter Sunday (5 May 2024)
ENTRANCE HYMN
Sing
A New Song
* Sing a new song unto
the Lord;
let your song be sung from mountains high
Sing a new song unto the Lord,
Singing alleluia.
1. Sing with gladness,
dance for joy.
O come before the Lord.
And play for him on glad tambourines,
And let your trumpet sound. *
2. Rise, O children,
from your sleep;
your Saviour now has come.
He has turned your sorrow to joy,
and filled your soul with song. *
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty
God and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my
thoughts and in my words, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do,
(striking their breast) through my fault, through my fault, through my most
grievous fault; therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and
Saints, and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Lord Jesus Christ, Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God,
Son of the Father: you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us. You
take away the sins of the world, receive our prayer. You are seated at the
right hand of the Father, have mercy on us.
For you alone are the Holy One. You alone are the Lord. You
alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit in the glory of God
the Father. Amen.
1st Reading – ACTS 10:25-26, 34-35, 44-48
When Peter entered, Cornelius met him and, falling at his feet, paid him homage. Peter, however, raised him up, saying, "Get up. I myself am also a human being."
Then Peter proceeded to speak and said, "In
truth, I see that God shows no partiality. Rather, in every nation whoever
fears him and acts uprightly is acceptable to him."
While Peter was still speaking these things, the Holy
Spirit fell upon all who were listening to the word. The circumcised believers
who had accompanied Peter were astounded that the gift of the Holy Spirit
should have been poured out on the Gentiles also, for they could hear them
speaking in tongues and glorifying God. Then Peter responded, "Can anyone
withhold the water for baptizing these people,
who have received the Holy Spirit even as we have?" He ordered them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.
All: Thanks be to God.
Responsorial Psalm – Psalms 98:1, 2-3, 3-4
R. The Lord has revealed to the nations his saving power.
Sing to the LORD a new song,
for he has done wondrous deeds; his right hand has won victory for him, his holy arm.
R. The Lord has revealed to the nations his saving power.
The LORD has made his salvation known: in the sight of
the nations he has revealed his justice. He has remembered his kindness and his
faithfulness toward the house of Israel.
R. The Lord has revealed to the nations his saving power.
All the ends of the earth have seen the salvation by our
God. Sing joyfully to the
LORD, all you lands; break into song; sing praise.
R. The Lord has revealed to the nations his saving power.
2nd Reading – 1 John 4:7-10
Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. Whoever is without love does not know God, for God is love. In this way the love of God was revealed to us: God sent his only Son into the world so that we might have life through him. In this is love: not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as expiation for our sins.
All: Thanks be to God.
Alleluia – John 14:23
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Whoever loves me will keep my word, says the Lord, and my Father will love him and we will come to him.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Gospel – John 15:9-17
Jesus said to his disciples: "As the Father loves me, so I also love you. Remain in my love.
If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and remain in his love.
"I have told you this so that my joy may be in
you and your joy might be complete.
This is my commandment: love one another as I love you. No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. I no longer call you slaves, because a slave does not know what his master is doing. I have called you friends, because I have told you everything I have heard from my Father. It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you.
This I command you: love one another."
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
Nicene Creed
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus
Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he
suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Prayer of
the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our prayer, we ask you
Lord, listen to our prayer
OFFERTORY HYMN
Come to the Water
* Come to the water! You who are thirsty!
Though you have nothing, I bid you come!
And be filled with the goodness I have to offer!
Come! Listen! Live.
1. Why spend your money on what cannot fill
The emptiness deep in your heart?
Listen to My word and you will enjoy
Goodness and peace in your heart! *
2.. Just as the heavens are high above earth;
My ways and thoughts beyond you!
Call me your Father and know I am near!
I will be Father to you! *
3. Just as the rain falls to water the earth;
Just as a seed becomes bread
My word upon you can never return
Until My longing is filled! *
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
P✠: Pray, brethren
(brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the
almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the
praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy
Church.
P✠: The Lord be
with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
P✠: It is truly
right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
Sanctus
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
P✠: You are indeed
Holy, O Lord, the….
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his
Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his
disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
P✠: In a similar
way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks,
he gave it to his disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
P✠: The mystery of
faith.
All: Save us, Save us, Savior of the world, for by your
Cross and Resurrection you have set us free.
P✠: Therefore, as
we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
P✠: Through him,
and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: Deliver us,
Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by
the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all
distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus
Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours,
now and for ever.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look
not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her
peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and
ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Agnus Dei
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have
mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ,....
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes
away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
COMMUNION HYMN
A New Commandment
A new commandment I give unto you:
that ye love one another as I loved you,
that ye love one another as I loved you.
By this shall all know that ye are my disciples:
if ye have love one for another.
By this shall all know that ye are my disciples:
if ye have love one for another.
I Am
the Bread of Life (v1)
1. I am the bread of
life, he who comes to Me shall not hungry
He who believes in Me shall not thirst. No one can come to Me, unless the Father beckon*
* And I will raise him
up, and I will raise him up
And I will raise him up on the last day
2. The bread the I will
give is my flesh for the life of the world,
And if you eat of this bread, you shall live forever, you shall live forever.*
3. Unless you eat of
the flesh of the Son of Man
and drink of this blood, and drink of his blood, you shall not have life within you.*
4. I am the
resurrection, I am the life
He who believes in Me even if he dies. He shall live forever *
5. Yes, Lord, I
believe, that you are the Christ
The Son of God, who have come in-to the world*
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray. …..
…..
All: Amen.
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And
with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks
be to God.
RECESSIONAL HYMN
* We will walk with
Christ, we will live with Christ
That through Him and with Him and in Him
All honour and glory be given God forever. Amen
1. O come to us, Lord,
we beg, be God in our lives this day
O pierce our hearts and form our wills
That we bear fruit in charity*
2. Christ stands at the
gate of each hour, to call it to His own like
Ennobling it with Godliness
He is incarnate everywhere*
3. To offer our lives
as gifts, and join in the hymns of the world
We give You now these precious hours
O come, Lord Jesus, come in power *
let your song be sung from mountains high
Sing a new song unto the Lord,
Singing alleluia.
O come before the Lord.
And play for him on glad tambourines,
And let your trumpet sound. *
your Saviour now has come.
He has turned your sorrow to joy,
and filled your soul with song. *
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
When Peter entered, Cornelius met him and, falling at his feet, paid him homage. Peter, however, raised him up, saying, "Get up. I myself am also a human being."
who have received the Holy Spirit even as we have?" He ordered them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. The Lord has revealed to the nations his saving power.
for he has done wondrous deeds; his right hand has won victory for him, his holy arm.
R. The Lord has revealed to the nations his saving power.
R. The Lord has revealed to the nations his saving power.
LORD, all you lands; break into song; sing praise.
R. The Lord has revealed to the nations his saving power.
Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. Whoever is without love does not know God, for God is love. In this way the love of God was revealed to us: God sent his only Son into the world so that we might have life through him. In this is love: not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as expiation for our sins.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Whoever loves me will keep my word, says the Lord, and my Father will love him and we will come to him.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Jesus said to his disciples: "As the Father loves me, so I also love you. Remain in my love.
If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and remain in his love.
This is my commandment: love one another as I love you. No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. I no longer call you slaves, because a slave does not know what his master is doing. I have called you friends, because I have told you everything I have heard from my Father. It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you.
This I command you: love one another."
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
Though you have nothing, I bid you come!
And be filled with the goodness I have to offer!
Come! Listen! Live.
The emptiness deep in your heart?
Listen to My word and you will enjoy
Goodness and peace in your heart! *
My ways and thoughts beyond you!
Call me your Father and know I am near!
I will be Father to you! *
Just as a seed becomes bread
My word upon you can never return
Until My longing is filled! *
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
that ye love one another as I loved you,
that ye love one another as I loved you.
By this shall all know that ye are my disciples:
if ye have love one for another.
By this shall all know that ye are my disciples:
if ye have love one for another.
He who believes in Me shall not thirst. No one can come to Me, unless the Father beckon*
And I will raise him up on the last day
And if you eat of this bread, you shall live forever, you shall live forever.*
and drink of this blood, and drink of his blood, you shall not have life within you.*
He who believes in Me even if he dies. He shall live forever *
The Son of God, who have come in-to the world*
P✠: Let us pray. …..
All: Amen.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
That through Him and with Him and in Him
All honour and glory be given God forever. Amen
O pierce our hearts and form our wills
That we bear fruit in charity*
Ennobling it with Godliness
He is incarnate everywhere*
We give You now these precious hours
O come, Lord Jesus, come in power *
Comments
Post a Comment