CTK English Mass – 3rd Sunday of Lent Year B (3 Mar 2024)
CTK English Mass – 3rd Sunday of
Lent Year B (3 Mar 2024)
ENTRANCE HYMN
God of Mercy and Compassion
1. God
of mercy and compassion,
Look with pity upon me.
Father, let me call Thee Father,
’Tis Thy child returns to Thee. *
* Jesus,
Lord, I ask for mercy;
Let me not implore in vain;
All my sins—I now detest them,
Never will I sin again.
2. See
our Saviour, bleeding, dying,
On the cross of Calvary;
To that cross my sins have nailed Him,
Yet He bleeds and dies for me. *
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and
sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I
have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my
fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask
blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and
sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
1st
Reading – Exodus 20:1-3, 7-8, 12-17
In those days, God delivered all these commandments:
“I, the LORD, am your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. You shall not have other gods besides me.
“You shall not take the name of the LORD, your God, in vain. For the LORD will not leave unpunished the one who takes his name in vain.
“Remember to keep holy the sabbath day.
“Honor your father and your mother, that you may have a long life in the land which the LORD, your God, is giving you.
You shall not kill.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male or female slave, nor his ox or ass, nor anything else that belongs to him.”
All: Thanks be to God.
Responsorial
Psalm – Psalms 19:8, 9, 10, 11.
R. Lord, you have the words of everlasting life.
The
law of the LORD is perfect, refreshing the soul; The decree of the LORD is
trustworthy, giving wisdom to the simple.
R. Lord, you have the words of everlasting life.
The
precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; the command of the LORD is
clear, enlightening the eye.
R. Lord, you have the words of everlasting life.
The
fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever; the ordinances of the LORD are
true, all of them just.
R. Lord, you have the words of everlasting life.
They
are more precious than gold, than a heap of purest gold; sweeter also than
syrup or honey from the comb.
R. Lord, you have the words of everlasting life.
2nd
Reading – 1 Corinthians 1:22-25
Brothers and sisters:
Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we proclaim Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those who are called, Jews and Greeks alike, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.
All: Thanks be to God.
Verse
Before The Gospel – John 3:16
Glory to You, Word of God, Lord Jesus Christ
God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might have eternal life.
Gospel
– John 2:13-25
Since the Passover of the Jews was near, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. He found in the temple area those who sold oxen, sheep, and doves, as well as the money changers seated there.
He made a whip out of cords and drove them all out of the temple area, with the sheep and oxen, and spilled the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables, and to those who sold doves he said, “Take these out of here, and stop making my Father’s house a marketplace.”
His disciples recalled the words of Scripture, Zeal for your house will consume me. At this the Jews answered and said to him, “What sign can you show us for doing this?”
Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up.” The Jews said, “This temple has been under construction for forty-six years, and you will raise it up in three days?” But he was speaking about the temple of his body.
Therefore, when he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this, and they came to believe the Scripture and the word Jesus had spoken.
While he was in Jerusalem for the feast of Passover, many began to believe in his name when they saw the signs he was doing. But Jesus would not trust himself to them because he knew them all, and did not need anyone to testify about human nature. He himself understood it well
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
Nicene Creed
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he
suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Prayer of
the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
All: O Lord hear our prayer, O Lord hear our prayer,
when I call answer me.
O Lord hear our prayer, O Lord hear our prayer, come and listen to me.
OFFERTORY
HYMN
Come to the Water
* Come to the water! You who are thirsty!
Though you have nothing, I bid you come!
And be filled with the goodness I have to offer!
Come! Listen! Live.
1. Why spend your money on what cannot fill
The emptiness deep in your heart?
Listen to My word and you will enjoy
Goodness and peace in your heart! *
2.. Just as the heavens are high above earth;
My ways and thoughts beyond you!
Call me your Father and know I am near!
I will be Father to you! *
3. Just as the rain falls to water the earth;
Just as a seed becomes bread
My word upon you can never return
Until My longing is filled! *
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
P✠: Pray, brethren
(brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the
almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the
praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy
Church.
P✠: The Lord be
with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
P✠: It is truly
right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
Sanctus
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
P✠: You are indeed
Holy, O Lord, the….
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his
Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his
disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
P✠: In a similar
way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks,
he gave it to his disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
P✠: The mystery of
faith.
All: We proclaim your Death, O Lord, and profess your
Resurrection until You come again.
P✠: Therefore, as
we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
P✠: Through him,
and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts,
as we forgive those who debt against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.
P✠: Deliver us,
Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by
the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all
distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus
Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours,
now and for ever.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look
not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her
peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and
ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Agnus Dei
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have
mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ,....
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes
away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
COMMUNION HYMN
Put
Your Hand in the Hand
* Put your hand in the
hand of the man who stilled the water
Put your hand in the hand of the man who calmed the sea
Take a look at yourself, and you can look at others differently
Put your hand in the hand of the man from Galilee
1. Every time I look
into the Holy Book, I wana to tremble
When I read about the part where a carpenter cleared the temple
And the buyers and the sellers were no different fellas
than what you and I profess to be,
And it causes me pain to know I’m not the guy that I should be. *
2. Mama taught me how
to pray before I reached the age of seven
And when I'm down on my knees when I'm close to heaven
Daddy lived his life with two kids and a wife
you do what you must do.
But he showed me enough of what it takes to see you through *
Here
I am, Lord
1. I, the Lord of sea
and sky,
I have heard my people cry.
All who dwell in dark and sin
My hand will save.
I who made the stars of night,
I will make their darkness bright.
Who will bear my light to them?
Whom shall I send? *
* Here I am, Lord. Is
it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.
2. I, the Lord of snow
and rain,
I have borne my people's pain.
I have wept for love of them.
They turn away.
I will break their hearts of stone,
Give them hearts for love alone.
I will speak my word to them.
Whom shall I send? *
3. I, the Lord of wind
and flame,
I will tend the poor and lame.
I will set a feast for them.
My hand will save.
Finest bread I will provide
Till their hearts be satisfied.
I will give my life to them.
Whom shall I send? *
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray. …..
…..
All: Amen.
P✠:
The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
RECESSIONAL HYMN
You
are Near
* O Lord, I know you are near,
standing always at my side.
You guard me from the foe,
and you lead me in ways everlasting.
1. Lord, you have searched my heart,
and you know when I sit and when I stand.
Your hand is upon me, protecting me from death,
keeping me from harm.*
2. Where can I run from your love?
If I climb to the heavens you are there
if I fly to the sunrise or sail beyond the sea,
still I'd find you there.*
3. You know my heart and its ways,
you who formed me before I was born,
in the secret of darkness before I saw the sun,
in my mother's womb.*
4. Marvelous to me are your works
how profound are your thoughts, my Lord.
Even if I could count them, they number as the stars,
you would still be there.*
Look with pity upon me.
Father, let me call Thee Father,
’Tis Thy child returns to Thee. *
Let me not implore in vain;
All my sins—I now detest them,
Never will I sin again.
On the cross of Calvary;
To that cross my sins have nailed Him,
Yet He bleeds and dies for me. *
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
In those days, God delivered all these commandments:
“I, the LORD, am your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. You shall not have other gods besides me.
“You shall not take the name of the LORD, your God, in vain. For the LORD will not leave unpunished the one who takes his name in vain.
“Remember to keep holy the sabbath day.
“Honor your father and your mother, that you may have a long life in the land which the LORD, your God, is giving you.
You shall not kill.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male or female slave, nor his ox or ass, nor anything else that belongs to him.”
All: Thanks be to God.
R. Lord, you have the words of everlasting life.
R. Lord, you have the words of everlasting life.
R. Lord, you have the words of everlasting life.
R. Lord, you have the words of everlasting life.
R. Lord, you have the words of everlasting life.
Brothers and sisters:
Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we proclaim Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those who are called, Jews and Greeks alike, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.
All: Thanks be to God.
Glory to You, Word of God, Lord Jesus Christ
God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might have eternal life.
Since the Passover of the Jews was near, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. He found in the temple area those who sold oxen, sheep, and doves, as well as the money changers seated there.
He made a whip out of cords and drove them all out of the temple area, with the sheep and oxen, and spilled the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables, and to those who sold doves he said, “Take these out of here, and stop making my Father’s house a marketplace.”
His disciples recalled the words of Scripture, Zeal for your house will consume me. At this the Jews answered and said to him, “What sign can you show us for doing this?”
Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up.” The Jews said, “This temple has been under construction for forty-six years, and you will raise it up in three days?” But he was speaking about the temple of his body.
Therefore, when he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this, and they came to believe the Scripture and the word Jesus had spoken.
While he was in Jerusalem for the feast of Passover, many began to believe in his name when they saw the signs he was doing. But Jesus would not trust himself to them because he knew them all, and did not need anyone to testify about human nature. He himself understood it well
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
O Lord hear our prayer, O Lord hear our prayer, come and listen to me.
Though you have nothing, I bid you come!
And be filled with the goodness I have to offer!
Come! Listen! Live.
The emptiness deep in your heart?
Listen to My word and you will enjoy
Goodness and peace in your heart! *
My ways and thoughts beyond you!
Call me your Father and know I am near!
I will be Father to you! *
Just as a seed becomes bread
My word upon you can never return
Until My longing is filled! *
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts,
as we forgive those who debt against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Put your hand in the hand of the man who calmed the sea
Take a look at yourself, and you can look at others differently
Put your hand in the hand of the man from Galilee
When I read about the part where a carpenter cleared the temple
And the buyers and the sellers were no different fellas
than what you and I profess to be,
And it causes me pain to know I’m not the guy that I should be. *
And when I'm down on my knees when I'm close to heaven
Daddy lived his life with two kids and a wife
you do what you must do.
But he showed me enough of what it takes to see you through *
I have heard my people cry.
All who dwell in dark and sin
My hand will save.
I who made the stars of night,
I will make their darkness bright.
Who will bear my light to them?
Whom shall I send? *
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.
I have borne my people's pain.
I have wept for love of them.
They turn away.
I will break their hearts of stone,
Give them hearts for love alone.
I will speak my word to them.
Whom shall I send? *
I will tend the poor and lame.
I will set a feast for them.
My hand will save.
Finest bread I will provide
Till their hearts be satisfied.
I will give my life to them.
Whom shall I send? *
P✠: Let us pray. …..
All: Amen.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
standing always at my side.
You guard me from the foe,
and you lead me in ways everlasting.
and you know when I sit and when I stand.
Your hand is upon me, protecting me from death,
keeping me from harm.*
If I climb to the heavens you are there
if I fly to the sunrise or sail beyond the sea,
still I'd find you there.*
you who formed me before I was born,
in the secret of darkness before I saw the sun,
in my mother's womb.*
how profound are your thoughts, my Lord.
Even if I could count them, they number as the stars,
you would still be there.*
Comments
Post a Comment