CTK English Mass – 5th Sunday (4 Feb 2024)
CTK English Mass – 5th Sunday (4
Feb 2024)
ENTRANCE HYMN
Sing
A New Song
* Sing a new song unto
the Lord;
let your song be sung from mountains high
Sing a new song unto the Lord,
Singing alleluia.
1. Sing with gladness,
dance for joy.
O come before the Lord.
And play for him on glad tambourines,
And let your trumpet sound. *
2. Rise, O children,
from your sleep;
your Saviour now has come.
He has turned your sorrow to joy,
and filled your soul with song. *
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and
sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I
have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my
fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask
blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and
sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Lord Jesus Christ, Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God,
Son of the Father: you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us. You
take away the sins of the world, receive our prayer. You are seated at the
right hand of the Father, have mercy on us.
For you alone are the Holy One. You alone are the Lord. You
alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit in the glory of God
the Father. Amen.
1st
Reading – Job 7:1-4, 6-7
Job spoke, saying:
Is not man's life on earth a drudgery? Are not his days those of hirelings? He is a slave who longs for the shade, a hireling who waits for his wages. So I have been assigned months of misery, and troubled nights have been allotted to me.
If in bed I say, "When shall I arise?" then the night drags on; I am filled with restlessness until the dawn. My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle; they come to an end without hope. Remember that my life is like the wind; I shall not see happiness again.
All: Thanks be to God.
Responsorial
Psalm – Psalms 147:1-2, 3-4, 5-6
R. Praise the Lord, who heals the brokenhearted.
Praise
the LORD, for he is good; sing praise to our God, for he is gracious; it is
fitting to praise him. The LORD rebuilds Jerusalem; the dispersed of Israel he
gathers.
R. Praise the Lord, who heals the brokenhearted.
He
heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He tells the number of the
stars; he calls each by name.
R. Praise the Lord, who heals the brokenhearted.
Great
is our Lord and mighty in power; to his wisdom there is no limit. The LORD
sustains the lowly; the wicked he casts to the ground.
R. Praise the Lord, who heals the brokenhearted.
2nd
Reading – 1 Corinthians 9:16-19, 22-23
Brothers and sisters:
If I preach the gospel, this is no reason for me to boast, for an obligation has been imposed on me, and woe to me if I do not preach it! If I do so willingly, I have a recompense, but if unwillingly, then I have been entrusted with a stewardship. What then is my recompense? That, when I preach, I offer the gospel free of charge so as not to make full use of my right in the gospel.
Although I am free in regard to all, I have made myself a slave to all so as to win over as many as possible. To the weak I became weak, to win over the weak. I have become all things to all, to save at least some. All this I do for the sake of the gospel, so that I too may have a share in it.
All: Thanks be to God.
Alleluia – Matthew 8:17
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Christ took away our infirmities and bore our diseases.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Gospel
– Mark 1:29-39
On leaving the synagogue Jesus entered the house of Simon and Andrew with James and John.
Simon's mother-in-law lay sick with a fever. They immediately told him about her. He approached, grasped her hand, and helped her up. Then the fever left her and she waited on them. When it was evening, after sunset, they brought to him all who were ill or possessed by demons. The whole town was gathered at the door. He cured many who were sick with various diseases, and he drove out many demons, not permitting them to speak because they knew him. Rising very early before dawn, he left and went off to a deserted place, where he prayed. Simon and those who were with him pursued him and on finding him said, "Everyone is looking for you." He told them, "Let us go on to the nearby villages that I may preach there also. For this purpose have I come." So he went into their synagogues, preaching and driving out demons throughout the whole of Galilee.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
Nicene Creed
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he
suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Prayer of
the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our prayer, we ask you
Lord, listen to our prayer
OFFERTORY
HYMN
Be
Still
1. Be still and know
that I am God - (x3)
2. I am the Lord that
healeth thee (x3)
3. In Thee, O Lord, I
put my trust - (x3)
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
P✠: Pray, brethren
(brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the
almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the
praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy
Church.
P✠: The Lord be
with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
P✠: It is truly
right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
Sanctus
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
P✠: You are indeed
Holy, O Lord, the….
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his
Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his
disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
P✠: In a similar
way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks,
he gave it to his disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
P✠: The mystery of
faith.
All: When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup, we proclaim
your Death, O Lord, until you come again.
P✠: Therefore, as
we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
P✠: Through him,
and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: Deliver us,
Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by
the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all
distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus
Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours,
now and for ever.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look
not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her
peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and
ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Agnus Dei
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have
mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ,....
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes
away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
COMMUNION HYMN
When
I Am Weak, I Am Strong
1. Peace is what I
leave with you, its My own peace I give
I do not give it as the world gives
So don't be worried and upset do not be afraid I'll come to you
I'll always be there
My grace is all you need, for My power is great
When you are weak, then you are strong
For I'll be with you, every step you take
When you are weak, then you are strong *
2. Peace is what I
leave with you, its My own peace I give
I do not give it as the world gives
So don't be worried and upset do not be afraid I'll come to you
I'll always be there
My grace is all you need, for My power is great
When you are weak, then you are strong
Yes Lord, I'm content with my weaknesses
For when I'm weak, then I am strong
Turn
to Me
* Turn to me, O turn,
and be saved,
says the Lord, for I am God
there is no other, none beside me.
I call your name.
1. I am He that
comforts you
who are you to be afraid of flesh that fades,
is made like the grass of the field, soon to wither. *
2. Listen to me, my
people;
Give ear to me, my nation;
A law will go forth from me and my justice for a light
to the people. *
3. Lift up your eyes to
the heavens,
and look at the earth down below.
The heavens will vanish like smoke,
and the earth will wear out like a garment. *
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray. …..
…..
All: Amen.
P✠:
The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
RECESSIONAL HYMN
We Will Rise Again
1. Like a shepherd I will feed you;
I will gather you with care.
I will lead you and hold you close to my heart. *
*We will run and not grow weary,
for our God will be our strength,
and we will fly like the eagle, we will rise again.
2. I am strength to the weary;
to the weak I am new life.
Though the young may grow weary,
I will be their hope.*
3. Lift up your eyes,
and see who made the stars.
I lead you, and I know you,
I call you each by name.*
4. Fear not, I am with you;
I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
uphold you with my hand.*
let your song be sung from mountains high
Sing a new song unto the Lord,
Singing alleluia.
O come before the Lord.
And play for him on glad tambourines,
And let your trumpet sound. *
your Saviour now has come.
He has turned your sorrow to joy,
and filled your soul with song. *
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Job spoke, saying:
Is not man's life on earth a drudgery? Are not his days those of hirelings? He is a slave who longs for the shade, a hireling who waits for his wages. So I have been assigned months of misery, and troubled nights have been allotted to me.
If in bed I say, "When shall I arise?" then the night drags on; I am filled with restlessness until the dawn. My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle; they come to an end without hope. Remember that my life is like the wind; I shall not see happiness again.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. Praise the Lord, who heals the brokenhearted.
R. Praise the Lord, who heals the brokenhearted.
R. Praise the Lord, who heals the brokenhearted.
R. Praise the Lord, who heals the brokenhearted.
Brothers and sisters:
If I preach the gospel, this is no reason for me to boast, for an obligation has been imposed on me, and woe to me if I do not preach it! If I do so willingly, I have a recompense, but if unwillingly, then I have been entrusted with a stewardship. What then is my recompense? That, when I preach, I offer the gospel free of charge so as not to make full use of my right in the gospel.
Although I am free in regard to all, I have made myself a slave to all so as to win over as many as possible. To the weak I became weak, to win over the weak. I have become all things to all, to save at least some. All this I do for the sake of the gospel, so that I too may have a share in it.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Christ took away our infirmities and bore our diseases.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
On leaving the synagogue Jesus entered the house of Simon and Andrew with James and John.
Simon's mother-in-law lay sick with a fever. They immediately told him about her. He approached, grasped her hand, and helped her up. Then the fever left her and she waited on them. When it was evening, after sunset, they brought to him all who were ill or possessed by demons. The whole town was gathered at the door. He cured many who were sick with various diseases, and he drove out many demons, not permitting them to speak because they knew him. Rising very early before dawn, he left and went off to a deserted place, where he prayed. Simon and those who were with him pursued him and on finding him said, "Everyone is looking for you." He told them, "Let us go on to the nearby villages that I may preach there also. For this purpose have I come." So he went into their synagogues, preaching and driving out demons throughout the whole of Galilee.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
I do not give it as the world gives
So don't be worried and upset do not be afraid I'll come to you
I'll always be there
My grace is all you need, for My power is great
When you are weak, then you are strong
For I'll be with you, every step you take
When you are weak, then you are strong *
I do not give it as the world gives
So don't be worried and upset do not be afraid I'll come to you
I'll always be there
My grace is all you need, for My power is great
When you are weak, then you are strong
Yes Lord, I'm content with my weaknesses
For when I'm weak, then I am strong
says the Lord, for I am God
there is no other, none beside me.
I call your name.
who are you to be afraid of flesh that fades,
is made like the grass of the field, soon to wither. *
Give ear to me, my nation;
A law will go forth from me and my justice for a light
to the people. *
and look at the earth down below.
The heavens will vanish like smoke,
and the earth will wear out like a garment. *
P✠: Let us pray. …..
All: Amen.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
I will gather you with care.
I will lead you and hold you close to my heart. *
for our God will be our strength,
and we will fly like the eagle, we will rise again.
to the weak I am new life.
Though the young may grow weary,
I will be their hope.*
and see who made the stars.
I lead you, and I know you,
I call you each by name.*
I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
uphold you with my hand.*
Comments
Post a Comment