CTK English Mass – 2nd Sunday (14 Jan 2024)
CTK English Mass – 2nd Sunday (14
Jan 2024)
ENTRANCE HYMN
Speak, Lord
* Speak, Lord, I’m listening,
Plant Your word down deep in me.
Speak, Lord, I’m listening,
Please show me the way.
1.
Sometimes my heart is slow to follow You,
Teach me to hear and understand,
and I’m told the things You promise,
and I hope they all come true,
and I know what waits for those who wait
and put their trust in You. *
2.
Sometimes I stumble on my way to
Stretch out again Your healing hand,
and I’m told the things You promise,
and I hope they all come true,
and I know what waits for those who wait
and put their trust in You. *
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and
sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I
have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my
fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask
blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and
sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Lord Jesus Christ, Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God,
Son of the Father: you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us. You
take away the sins of the world, receive our prayer. You are seated at the
right hand of the Father, have mercy on us.
For you alone are the Holy One. You alone are the Lord. You
alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit in the glory of God
the Father. Amen.
1st Reading – 1 Samuel 3:3B-10, 19
Samuel
was sleeping in the temple of the LORD where the ark of God was.
The
LORD called to Samuel, who answered, "Here I am.” Samuel ran to Eli and
said, "Here I am. You called me." "I did not call you, "
Eli said. "Go back to sleep." So he went back to sleep. Again the
LORD called Samuel, who rose and went to Eli. "Here I am, " he said.
"You called me." But Eli answered, "I did not call you, my son.
Go back to sleep." At that time Samuel was not familiar with the LORD,
because the LORD had not revealed anything to him as yet. The LORD called
Samuel again, for the third time. Getting up and going to Eli, he said,
"Here I am. You called me." Then Eli understood that the LORD was
calling the youth. So he said to Samuel, "Go to sleep, and if you are
called, reply, Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening." When Samuel
went to sleep in his place, the LORD came and revealed his presence, calling
out as before, "Samuel, Samuel!" Samuel answered, "Speak, for
your servant is listening." Samuel grew up, and the LORD was with him, not
permitting any word of his to be without effect.
All:
Thanks be to God.
Responsorial
Psalm – Psalms 40:2, 4, 7-8, 8-9, 10
R. Here
am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
I have waited, waited for the LORD, and he
stooped toward me and heard my cry. And he put a new song into my mouth, a hymn
to our God.
R. Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
Sacrifice or offering you wished not, but
ears open to obedience you gave me. Holocausts or sin-offerings you sought not;
then said I, “Behold I come.”
R. Here I am, Lord; I come to do your will.
“In the
written scroll it is prescribed for me, to do your will, O my God, is my
delight, and your law is within my heart!”
R. Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
I
announced your justice in the vast assembly;
I did not restrain my lips, as you, O LORD, know.
R. Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
2nd Reading – 1 Corinthians 6:13C-15A, 17-20
Brothers
and sisters:
The
body is not for immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord is for the body; God
raised the Lord and will also raise us by his power. Do you not know that your
bodies are members of Christ?
But
whoever is joined to the Lord becomes one Spirit with him. Avoid immorality.
Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the immoral person
sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the
Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?
For you have been purchased at a price. Therefore glorify God in your body.
All:
Thanks be to God.
Alleluia – John 1:41, 17B
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
We have found the Messiah: Jesus Christ, who brings us truth and grace.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Gospel – John 1:35-42
John
was standing with two of his disciples, and as he watched Jesus walk by, he
said, "Behold, the Lamb of God." The two disciples heard what he said
and followed Jesus. Jesus turned and saw them following him and said to them,
"What are you looking for?" They said to him, "Rabbi" —
which translated means Teacher —, "where are you staying?" He said to
them, "Come, and you will see." So they went and saw where Jesus was
staying, and they stayed with him that day. It was about four in the afternoon.
Andrew, the brother of Simon Peter, was one of the two who heard John and
followed Jesus. He first found his own brother Simon and told him, "We
have found the Messiah" — which is translated Christ —. Then he brought
him to Jesus. Jesus looked at him and said, "You are Simon the son of
John; you will be called Cephas" — which is translated Peter.
All:
Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
Nicene Creed
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he
suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Prayer of
the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our prayer, we ask you
Lord, listen to our prayer
OFFERTORY
HYMN
Dear
Lord, We Offer You
Dear Lord, we offer
You, humble our gifts this bread and wine
Take them with love we pray, make them become our Christ Divine
Dear Lord, before Thy
shrine, we bring the cup of water and wine
Change, Lord, our lives renew, lost in Your love, this child of Thine
* When You died on the
wood of the cross
Greater love, no man knows, than Yours
Joy, joy within my
heart, deep in my soul Your comforting love
Warmth in my life impart, longing for You, Lord God above
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
P✠: Pray, brethren
(brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the
almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the
praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy Church.
P✠: The Lord be
with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
P✠: It is truly
right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
Sanctus
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
P✠: You are indeed
Holy, O Lord, the….
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his
Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his
disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
P✠: In a similar
way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks,
he gave it to his disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
P✠: The mystery of
faith.
All: When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup, we proclaim
your Death, O Lord, until you come again.
P✠: Therefore, as
we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
P✠: Through him,
and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: Deliver us,
Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by
the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all
distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus
Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours,
now and for ever.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look
not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her
peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and
ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Agnus Dei
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have
mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ,....
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes
away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
COMMUNION HYMN
Come
and See
1. Come and see, where
I live; come and see, all I wish to give you
Come and see let your eyes be opened. Come, come and see
We come to You, we come to You, with eyes of faith we come
In You alone we find our peace: in You alone, O Lord
2. Come to Me, when
you're weary, come to Me, with your pain and burden
Come to Me I will give you rest. Come, come to Me
We come to You, we come to You, with hearts full of hope we come
Your yoke is easy, Your burden light: we come to You, O Lord
3. Come with Me, on
your journey, come with Me, I will lead and guide you
Come with Me I will be your companion. Come, come with Me
We come to You, we follow You, with hearts full of love we come
Wherever You lead so we shall go: we come to You, O Lord
Here am I, Send Me
Here am I, send me.
Here am I, Lord, send me.
Unto Thee, willingly, yielded I come.
Show the path that I must walk, compel me then to go,
And if I stray, bring back the light of day,
For here am I, send me, I pray.*
*Send me to be what's created in me
Formed in Your image I stand
Turn my weakness into Your power,
power to be at last all I'm able to be
Here am I, send me.
Here am I, Lord, send me.
Precious Holy Spirit, come, fill me anew.
Give me wisdom, send me strength,
Grant that I may be a mirror of Your never-ending love,
For here am I, send me, I pray.*
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray. …..
…..
All: Amen.
P✠:
The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
RECESSIONAL HYMN
Amazing Grace
1. Amazing grace how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me,
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
2. ‘Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved,
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believed.
3. Through many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come,
‘Tis grace that brought me safe thus far,
and grace will lead me home.
4. When we’ve been here ten thousand years.
Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
Than when we’d first begun.
Plant Your word down deep in me.
Speak, Lord, I’m listening,
Please show me the way.
and I’m told the things You promise,
and I hope they all come true,
and I know what waits for those who wait
and put their trust in You. *
and I’m told the things You promise,
and I hope they all come true,
and I know what waits for those who wait
and put their trust in You. *
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Samuel
was sleeping in the temple of the LORD where the ark of God was.
The
LORD called to Samuel, who answered, "Here I am.” Samuel ran to Eli and
said, "Here I am. You called me." "I did not call you, "
Eli said. "Go back to sleep." So he went back to sleep. Again the
LORD called Samuel, who rose and went to Eli. "Here I am, " he said.
"You called me." But Eli answered, "I did not call you, my son.
Go back to sleep." At that time Samuel was not familiar with the LORD,
because the LORD had not revealed anything to him as yet. The LORD called
Samuel again, for the third time. Getting up and going to Eli, he said,
"Here I am. You called me." Then Eli understood that the LORD was
calling the youth. So he said to Samuel, "Go to sleep, and if you are
called, reply, Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening." When Samuel
went to sleep in his place, the LORD came and revealed his presence, calling
out as before, "Samuel, Samuel!" Samuel answered, "Speak, for
your servant is listening." Samuel grew up, and the LORD was with him, not
permitting any word of his to be without effect.
All:
Thanks be to God.
Psalm – Psalms 40:2, 4, 7-8, 8-9, 10
R. Here
am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
R. Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
R. Here I am, Lord; I come to do your will.
written scroll it is prescribed for me, to do your will, O my God, is my
delight, and your law is within my heart!”
R. Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
announced your justice in the vast assembly;
I did not restrain my lips, as you, O LORD, know.
R. Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
Brothers
and sisters:
The
body is not for immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord is for the body; God
raised the Lord and will also raise us by his power. Do you not know that your
bodies are members of Christ?
But
whoever is joined to the Lord becomes one Spirit with him. Avoid immorality.
Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the immoral person
sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the
Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?
For you have been purchased at a price. Therefore glorify God in your body.
All:
Thanks be to God.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
We have found the Messiah: Jesus Christ, who brings us truth and grace.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
John
was standing with two of his disciples, and as he watched Jesus walk by, he
said, "Behold, the Lamb of God." The two disciples heard what he said
and followed Jesus. Jesus turned and saw them following him and said to them,
"What are you looking for?" They said to him, "Rabbi" —
which translated means Teacher —, "where are you staying?" He said to
them, "Come, and you will see." So they went and saw where Jesus was
staying, and they stayed with him that day. It was about four in the afternoon.
Andrew, the brother of Simon Peter, was one of the two who heard John and
followed Jesus. He first found his own brother Simon and told him, "We
have found the Messiah" — which is translated Christ —. Then he brought
him to Jesus. Jesus looked at him and said, "You are Simon the son of
John; you will be called Cephas" — which is translated Peter.
All:
Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
Take them with love we pray, make them become our Christ Divine
Change, Lord, our lives renew, lost in Your love, this child of Thine
Greater love, no man knows, than Yours
Warmth in my life impart, longing for You, Lord God above
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Come and see let your eyes be opened. Come, come and see
We come to You, we come to You, with eyes of faith we come
In You alone we find our peace: in You alone, O Lord
Come to Me I will give you rest. Come, come to Me
We come to You, we come to You, with hearts full of hope we come
Your yoke is easy, Your burden light: we come to You, O Lord
Come with Me I will be your companion. Come, come with Me
We come to You, we follow You, with hearts full of love we come
Wherever You lead so we shall go: we come to You, O Lord
Here am I, send me.
Here am I, Lord, send me.
Unto Thee, willingly, yielded I come.
Show the path that I must walk, compel me then to go,
And if I stray, bring back the light of day,
For here am I, send me, I pray.*
Formed in Your image I stand
Turn my weakness into Your power,
power to be at last all I'm able to be
Here am I, Lord, send me.
Precious Holy Spirit, come, fill me anew.
Give me wisdom, send me strength,
Grant that I may be a mirror of Your never-ending love,
For here am I, send me, I pray.*
P✠: Let us pray. …..
All: Amen.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
That saved a wretch like me,
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
And grace my fears relieved,
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believed.
I have already come,
‘Tis grace that brought me safe thus far,
and grace will lead me home.
Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
Than when we’d first begun.
Comments
Post a Comment