CTK English Mass – 30th Sunday (29 Oct 2023)

CTK English Mass – 30th Sunday (29 Oct 2023)
 
 
ENTRANCE HYMN
 
All Flowers Will Sing
 
*All flowers will sing, all fields will rejoice
True joy is all around
All flowers will sing, all fields will rejoice
In God's new love and joy we have found
 
1. From the dusty roads around us, a new life we have begun
Through the rain and stormy weather, we are striving for the sun *
 
2. To our brethen we are bringing fellowship and Christian love
This gives life its real meaning, and will lift our hearts above *
 
3. Every cross that we encounter can become our golden wings
Every time that we embrace it. Everlasting peace it brings *
 
 
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
 
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
 
 
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
 
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father. 
 
Lord Jesus Christ, Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father: you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us. You take away the sins of the world, receive our prayer. You are seated at the right hand of the Father, have mercy on us.
 
For you alone are the Holy One. You alone are the Lord. You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit in the glory of God the Father. Amen.
 
 
1st Reading – Exodus 22:20-26
Thus says the LORD:
"You shall not molest or oppress an
alien, for you were once aliens yourselves in the land of Egypt. You shall not
wrong any widow or orphan. If ever you wrong them and they cry out to me, I
will surely hear their cry. My wrath will flare up, and I will kill you with
the sword; then your own wives will be widows, and your children orphans.
"If you lend money to one of your poor neighbors among my people, you
shall not act like an extortioner toward him by demanding interest from him. If
you take your neighbor's cloak as a pledge, you shall return it to him before
sunset; for this cloak of his is the only covering he has for his body. What
else has he to sleep in? If he cries out to me, I will hear him; for I am
compassionate."
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
Responsorial Psalm – Psalms 18:2-3, 3-4, 47, 51
R. I love you, Lord, my strength.
 
I love you, O LORD, my strength, O LORD, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer.
R. I love you, Lord, my strength.
 
My God, my rock of refuge, my shield, the horn of my salvation, my stronghold! Praised be the LORD, I exclaim, and I am safe from my enemies.
R. I love you, Lord, my strength.
 
The LORD lives and blessed be my rock! Extolled be God my savior. You who gave great victories to your king and showed kindness to your anointed.
R. I love you, Lord, my strength.
 
 
2nd Reading – 1 Thessalonians 1:5C-10
Brothers and sisters:
You know what sort of people we were
among you for your sake. And you became imitators of us and of the Lord,
receiving the word in great affliction, with joy from the Holy Spirit, so that
you became a model for all the believers in Macedonia and in Achaia. For from
you the word of the Lord has sounded forth not only in Macedonia and in Achaia,
but in every place your faith in God has gone forth, so that we have no need to
say anything. For they themselves openly declare about us what sort of
reception we had among you, and how you turned to God from idols to serve the
living and true God and to await his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the
dead, Jesus, who delivers us from the coming wrath.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
Alleluia – John 14:23
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Whoever loves me will keep my word, says the Lord, and my Father will love him and we will come to him.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
 
 
Gospel – Matthew 22:34-40
When the Pharisees heard that Jesus had
silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together, and one of them, a scholar of
the law tested him by asking, "Teacher, which commandment in the law is
the greatest?" He said to him, "You shall love the Lord, your God,
with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the
greatest and the first commandment. The second is like it: You shall love your
neighbor as yourself. The whole law and the prophets depend on these two
commandments."
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
 
Nicene Creed
 
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
 
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
 
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
 
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
 
 
Prayer of the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
 
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our prayer, we ask you Lord, listen to our prayer
 
 
OFFERTORY HYMN
 
A New Commandment
 
A new commandment I give unto you:
that ye love one another as I loved you,
that ye love one another as I loved you.
By this shall all know that ye are my disciples:
if ye have love one for another.
By this shall all know that ye are my disciples:
if ye have love one for another.
 
 
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
 
P✠: Pray, brethren (brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy Church. 
 
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
 
P✠: It is truly right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
 
 
Sanctus
 
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts. 
Heaven and earth are full of your glory. 
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord. 
Hosanna in the highest. 
 
P✠: You are indeed Holy, O Lord, the…. 
 
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying:
 
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
 
P✠: In a similar way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks, he gave it to his disciples, saying:
 
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
 
P✠: The mystery of faith.
All: When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup, we proclaim your Death, O Lord, until you come again.
 
P✠: Therefore, as we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
 
P✠: Through him, and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
 
 
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
 
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
 
P✠: Deliver us, Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, now and for ever.
 
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
 
 
Agnus Dei
 
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
 
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ,....
 
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
 
 
COMMUNION HYMN
 
Christ is My Rock
 
* Christ is my rock, my refuge, my stronghold,
Firm as the tree's root that clutches the land.
He who has faith builds without worry, not like the man who builds upon sand.
I set my house on a solid foundation
Christ is my rock the root of my soul's recreation.
 
1. I know a man who loved to live "free",
He pitched his tent by the side of the sea.
It stood near the surf and was washed by the spray
'Till one day a wave came and washed it away.
 
2. I know a man who loved to live high.
He built his castle near up to the sky,
Through summer and spring it stood pretty well,
When winter winds whistled, it toppled and fell.
 
* Christ is my rock, my refuge, my stronghold,
Firm as the tree's root that clutches the land.
He who has faith builds without worry, not like the man who builds upon sand.
I set my house on a solid foundation
Christ is my rock the root of my soul's recreation.
 
3. I know a man, a cool one to know,
He built his house out of ice and of snow,
In chill isolation his night work was done,
But it melted away with the warm morning sun.
 
4. I know a man who built out of straw,
The flimsiest fellow that I ever saw,
One day a spark set it to flame,
And nothing was left to remember his name.
 
* Christ is my rock, my refuge, my stronghold,
Firm as the tree's root that clutches the land.
He who has faith, builds without worry,
Not like the man who builds upon sand,
I set my house on a solid foundation,
Christ is my rock, the root of my soul's recreation.
 
Let There Be Peace

Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with me
Let There Be Peace on Earth
The peace that was meant to be
With God as our Father
Brothers all are we
Let me walk with my brother
In perfect harmony.

Let peace begin with me
Let this be the moment now.
With every step I take
Let this be my solemn vow
To take each moment and live
Each moment in peace eternally
Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with me

And let it begin with me

 
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray.  ….. 
….. 
All: Amen.
 
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
RECESSIONAL HYMN
 
As I Kneel
 
1. As I kneel before you,
as I bow my head in prayer,
Take this day, make it yours
and fill me with your love. *
 
* Ave, Maria, gratia plena,
Dominus tecum, benendicta tu.
 
2. As I have I give you,
Every dream and wish are yours;
Mother of Christ, Mother of mine,
present them to my Lord. *
 
3. As I kneel before you,
And I see your smiling face,
Every thoughts, every word
Is lost in your embrace. *
 
 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOOD FRIDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) 3 April 2026

HOLY THURSDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) (2 April 2026)

CTK English Mass - The Nativity of the Lord (24 Dec 2025)