CTK English Mass – 24th Sunday (17 Sep 2023)
CTK English Mass – 24th Sunday (17
Sep 2023)
ENTRANCE HYMN
Praise
the Lord, My Soul
1. Praise the Lord, my
soul,
Let fire and rain give praise to Him;
Give praise to Him, who is merciful, slow to judge;
bless the Lord, O my soul.
2. Bless the Lord, my
soul,
Let all I am give praise to Him;
And not forget He is kind, He forgives our sins
bless the Lord, O my soul.
3. Merciful and kind,
He knows that man is made of dust;
And like the flowers that flourish, he soon must die;
bless the Lord, O my soul.
4. Glory to our God,
Let all that is give praise to Hi;
Give praise to Him, all you creatures who live His love;
bless the Lord, O my soul.
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and
sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I
have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my
fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask
blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and
sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Lord Jesus Christ,
Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father: you take away the
sins of the world, have mercy on us. You take away the sins of the world,
receive our prayer. You are seated at the right hand of the Father, have mercy
on us.
For you alone are the Holy One. You alone are the Lord. You
alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit in the glory of God
the Father. Amen.
1st Reading – Sirach 27:30-28:7
Wrath
and anger are hateful things, yet the sinner hugs them tight. The vengeful will
suffer the LORD's vengeance, for he remembers their sins in detail. Forgive
your neighbor's injustice; then when you pray, your own sins will be forgiven.
Could anyone nourish anger against another and expect healing from the LORD?
Could anyone refuse mercy to another like himself, can he seek pardon for his
own sins? If one who is but flesh cherishes wrath, who will forgive his sins?
Remember your last days, set enmity aside; remember death and decay, and cease
from sin! Think of the commandments, hate not your neighbor; remember the Most
High's covenant, and overlook faults.
All:
Thanks be to God.
Responsorial
Psalm – Psalms 103:1-2, 3-4, 9-10, 11-12
R. The
Lord is kind and merciful, slow to anger, and rich in compassion.
Bless the LORD, O my soul; and all my being,
bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.
R. The Lord is kind and merciful, slow to anger, and rich in compassion.
He pardons all your iniquities, heals all
your ills. He redeems your life from destruction,
crowns you with kindness and compassion.
R. The Lord is kind and merciful, slow to anger, and rich in compassion.
He will not always chide, nor does he keep
his wrath forever. Not according to our sins does he deal with us, nor does he
requite us according to our crimes.
R. The Lord is kind and merciful, slow to anger, and rich in compassion.
For as the heavens are high above the earth,
so surpassing is his kindness toward those who fear him. As far as the east is from the west, so far has he put our transgressions from us.
R. The Lord is kind and merciful, slow to anger, and rich in compassion.
2nd Reading – Romans 14:7-9
Brothers
and sisters:
None of
us lives for oneself, and no one dies for oneself. For if we live, we live for
the Lord, and if we die, we die for the Lord; so then, whether we live or die,
we are the Lord's. For this is why Christ died and came to life, that he might
be Lord of both the dead and the living.
All:
Thanks be to God.
Alleluia –
John 13:34
R.
Alleluia, alleluia.
I give you a new commandment, says the Lord;
love one another as I have loved you.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Gospel –
Matthew 18:21-35
Peter
approached Jesus and asked him,
"Lord,
if my brother sins against me, how often must I forgive? As many as seven
times?" Jesus answered, "I say to you, not seven times but
seventy-seven times. That is why the kingdom of heaven may be likened to a king
who decided to settle accounts with his servants. When he began the accounting,
a debtor was brought before him who owed him a huge amount. Since he had no way
of paying it back, his master ordered him to be sold, along with his wife, his
children, and all his property, in payment of the debt. At that, the servant
fell down, did him homage, and said, 'Be patient with me, and I will pay you
back in full.' Moved with compassion the master of that servant let him go and
forgave him the loan. When that servant had left, he found one of his fellow
servants who owed him a much smaller amount. He seized him and started to choke
him, demanding, 'Pay back what you owe.' Falling to his knees, his fellow
servant begged him, 'Be patient with me, and I will pay you back.' But he
refused. Instead, he had the fellow servant put in prison until he paid back
the debt. Now when his fellow servants saw what had happened, they were deeply
disturbed, and went to their master and reported the whole affair. His master
summoned him and said to him, 'You wicked servant! I forgave you your entire
debt because you begged me to. Should you not have had pity on your fellow
servant, as I had pity on you?' Then in anger his master handed him over to the
torturers until he should pay back the whole debt. So will my heavenly Father
do to you, unless each of you forgives your brother from your heart."
All:
Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
Nicene Creed
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he
suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Prayer of
the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our prayer, we ask you
Lord, listen to our prayer
OFFERTORY
HYMN
A New Commandment
A new commandment I give unto you:
that ye love one another as I loved you,
that ye love one another as I loved you.
By this shall all know that ye are my disciples:
if ye have love one for another.
By this shall all know that ye are my disciples:
if ye have love one for another.
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
P✠: Pray, brethren
(brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the
almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the
praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy
Church.
P✠: The Lord be
with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
P✠: It is truly
right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
Sanctus
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
P✠: You are indeed
Holy, O Lord, the….
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his
Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his
disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
P✠: In a similar
way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks,
he gave it to his disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
P✠: The mystery of
faith.
All: When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup, we proclaim
your Death, O Lord, until you come again.
P✠: Therefore, as
we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
P✠: Through him,
and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: Deliver us,
Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by
the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all
distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus
Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours,
now and for ever.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look
not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her
peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and
ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Agnus Dei
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have
mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ,....
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes
away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
COMMUNION HYMN
He
1. He can turn the tides and calm the angry sea
He alone decides who writes a symphony
He lights every star that makes a darkness bright
He keeps watch all through each long and lonely night
He still finds the time to hear a child's first
prayer
Saint or sinner call and always find Him there
Though it makes Him sad to see the way we live
He'll always say, I forgive
2. He can grant a wish or make a dream come
true
He can paint the clouds and turn gray to blue
He alone is there to find a rainbow's end
He alone can see what lies beyond the bend
He can touch a tree and turn the leaves to gold
He knows every lie that you and I have told
Though it makes Him sad to see the way we live
He'll always say, I forgive
Because
He Lives
1. God sent His Son
they called Him Jesus.
He came to love, heal and forgive;
He lived and died to buy my pardon.
An empty grave is there to prove my Saviour lives. *
* Because He lives I
can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives.
2. How sweet to hold a
newborn baby
And feel the pride and joy he gives;
But greater still the calm assurance;
This child can face uncertain days because He lives. *
3. And then one day
I’ll cross the river.
I’ll fight life’s final war with pain;
And then, as death gives way to victory.
I’ll see the lights of glory and I’ll know He lives. *
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray. …..
…..
All: Amen.
P✠:
The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
RECESSIONAL HYMN
Thank You, Lord
1. Thank You Lord for the trials that come my
way
In that way I can grow each day as I let You lead
And thank you Lord for the patience those trials bring
In the process of growing I can learn to care
But it goes against the way I am
To put my human nature down
And let the Spirit take control of all I do
Cause when those trials come my human
nature shouts the things to do
And God's soft prompting can be easily ignore
2. I thank you Lord with each trial I feel
inside
That you're there to help lead and guide me away from wrong
Cause you promised Lord that with every testing
that your way of escaping is easier to bear
But it goes against the way I am
To put my human nature down
And let the Spirit take control of all I do
Cause when those trials come my human
nature shouts the things to do
And God's soft prompting can be easily ignore
3. I thank you Lord for the victory that
growing brings
in surrender of everything life is so worthwhile
and I thank you Lord
that when everything's put in place
out in front I can see your face
and it's there you belong
Let fire and rain give praise to Him;
Give praise to Him, who is merciful, slow to judge;
bless the Lord, O my soul.
Let all I am give praise to Him;
And not forget He is kind, He forgives our sins
bless the Lord, O my soul.
He knows that man is made of dust;
And like the flowers that flourish, he soon must die;
bless the Lord, O my soul.
Let all that is give praise to Hi;
Give praise to Him, all you creatures who live His love;
bless the Lord, O my soul.
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Wrath
and anger are hateful things, yet the sinner hugs them tight. The vengeful will
suffer the LORD's vengeance, for he remembers their sins in detail. Forgive
your neighbor's injustice; then when you pray, your own sins will be forgiven.
Could anyone nourish anger against another and expect healing from the LORD?
Could anyone refuse mercy to another like himself, can he seek pardon for his
own sins? If one who is but flesh cherishes wrath, who will forgive his sins?
Remember your last days, set enmity aside; remember death and decay, and cease
from sin! Think of the commandments, hate not your neighbor; remember the Most
High's covenant, and overlook faults.
All:
Thanks be to God.
Psalm – Psalms 103:1-2, 3-4, 9-10, 11-12
R. The
Lord is kind and merciful, slow to anger, and rich in compassion.
R. The Lord is kind and merciful, slow to anger, and rich in compassion.
crowns you with kindness and compassion.
R. The Lord is kind and merciful, slow to anger, and rich in compassion.
R. The Lord is kind and merciful, slow to anger, and rich in compassion.
so surpassing is his kindness toward those who fear him. As far as the east is from the west, so far has he put our transgressions from us.
R. The Lord is kind and merciful, slow to anger, and rich in compassion.
Brothers
and sisters:
None of
us lives for oneself, and no one dies for oneself. For if we live, we live for
the Lord, and if we die, we die for the Lord; so then, whether we live or die,
we are the Lord's. For this is why Christ died and came to life, that he might
be Lord of both the dead and the living.
All:
Thanks be to God.
John 13:34
R.
Alleluia, alleluia.
I give you a new commandment, says the Lord;
love one another as I have loved you.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Matthew 18:21-35
Peter
approached Jesus and asked him,
"Lord,
if my brother sins against me, how often must I forgive? As many as seven
times?" Jesus answered, "I say to you, not seven times but
seventy-seven times. That is why the kingdom of heaven may be likened to a king
who decided to settle accounts with his servants. When he began the accounting,
a debtor was brought before him who owed him a huge amount. Since he had no way
of paying it back, his master ordered him to be sold, along with his wife, his
children, and all his property, in payment of the debt. At that, the servant
fell down, did him homage, and said, 'Be patient with me, and I will pay you
back in full.' Moved with compassion the master of that servant let him go and
forgave him the loan. When that servant had left, he found one of his fellow
servants who owed him a much smaller amount. He seized him and started to choke
him, demanding, 'Pay back what you owe.' Falling to his knees, his fellow
servant begged him, 'Be patient with me, and I will pay you back.' But he
refused. Instead, he had the fellow servant put in prison until he paid back
the debt. Now when his fellow servants saw what had happened, they were deeply
disturbed, and went to their master and reported the whole affair. His master
summoned him and said to him, 'You wicked servant! I forgave you your entire
debt because you begged me to. Should you not have had pity on your fellow
servant, as I had pity on you?' Then in anger his master handed him over to the
torturers until he should pay back the whole debt. So will my heavenly Father
do to you, unless each of you forgives your brother from your heart."
All:
Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
that ye love one another as I loved you,
that ye love one another as I loved you.
By this shall all know that ye are my disciples:
if ye have love one for another.
By this shall all know that ye are my disciples:
if ye have love one for another.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
He alone decides who writes a symphony
He lights every star that makes a darkness bright
He keeps watch all through each long and lonely night
Saint or sinner call and always find Him there
Though it makes Him sad to see the way we live
He'll always say, I forgive
He can paint the clouds and turn gray to blue
He alone is there to find a rainbow's end
He alone can see what lies beyond the bend
He knows every lie that you and I have told
Though it makes Him sad to see the way we live
He'll always say, I forgive
He came to love, heal and forgive;
He lived and died to buy my pardon.
An empty grave is there to prove my Saviour lives. *
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives.
And feel the pride and joy he gives;
But greater still the calm assurance;
This child can face uncertain days because He lives. *
I’ll fight life’s final war with pain;
And then, as death gives way to victory.
I’ll see the lights of glory and I’ll know He lives. *
P✠: Let us pray. …..
All: Amen.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
In that way I can grow each day as I let You lead
And thank you Lord for the patience those trials bring
In the process of growing I can learn to care
But it goes against the way I am
To put my human nature down
And let the Spirit take control of all I do
Cause when those trials come my human
nature shouts the things to do
And God's soft prompting can be easily ignore
That you're there to help lead and guide me away from wrong
Cause you promised Lord that with every testing
that your way of escaping is easier to bear
But it goes against the way I am
To put my human nature down
And let the Spirit take control of all I do
Cause when those trials come my human
nature shouts the things to do
And God's soft prompting can be easily ignore
in surrender of everything life is so worthwhile
and I thank you Lord
that when everything's put in place
out in front I can see your face
and it's there you belong
Comments
Post a Comment