CTK English Mass – 23rd Sunday (10 Sep 2023)
CTK English Mass – 23rd Sunday (10
Sep 2023)
ENTRANCE HYMN
Morning
Has Broken
1. Morning has broken
like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken like the first bird
Praise for the singing
Praise for the morning
Praise for them springing fresh from the Word
2. Sweet the rain's new
fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dew fall on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where His feet pass
3. Mine is the sunlight
Mine is the morning
Born of the One Light Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and
sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I
have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my
fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask
blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and
sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Lord Jesus Christ,
Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father: you take away the
sins of the world, have mercy on us. You take away the sins of the world,
receive our prayer. You are seated at the right hand of the Father, have mercy
on us.
For you alone are the Holy One. You alone are the Lord. You
alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit in the glory of God
the Father. Amen.
1st
Reading – Ezekiel 33:7-9
Thus says the LORD:
You, son of man, I have appointed
watchman for the house of Israel; when you hear me say anything, you shall warn
them for me. If I tell the wicked, "O wicked one, you shall surely die,
" and you do not speak out to dissuade the wicked from his way, the wicked
shall die for his guilt, but I will hold you responsible for his death. But if
you warn the wicked, trying to turn him from his way, and he refuses to turn
from his way, he shall die for his guilt, but you shall save yourself.
All: Thanks be to God.
Responsorial Psalm – Psalms 95:1-2, 6-7,
8-9
R. If today you hear his voice, harden
not your hearts.
Come,
let us sing joyfully to the LORD; let us acclaim the rock of our salvation. Let
us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us joyfully sing psalms to him.
R. If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Come,
let us bow down in worship; let us kneel before the LORD who made us. For he is
our God, and we are the people he shepherds, the flock he guides.
R. If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Oh,
that today you would hear his voice: “Harden not your hearts as at Meribah, as
in the day of Massah in the desert, where your fathers tempted me; they tested
me though they had seen my works.”
R. If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
2nd Reading – Romans 13:8-10
Brothers and sisters:
Owe nothing to anyone, except to love
one another; for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. The
commandments, "You shall not commit adultery; you shall not kill; you
shall not steal; you shall not covet, " and whatever other commandment
there may be, are summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your
neighbor as yourself." Love does no evil to the neighbor; hence, love is
the fulfillment of the law.
All: Thanks be to God.
Alleluia – 2 Corinthians 5:19
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Gospel
– Matthew 18:15-20
Jesus said to his disciples: "If
your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him
alone. If he listens to you, you have won over your brother. If he does not
listen, take one or two others along with you, so that 'every fact may be
established on the testimony of two or three witnesses.' If he refuses to
listen to them, tell the church. If he refuses to listen even to the church,
then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector. Amen, I say to you,
whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on
earth shall be loosed in heaven. Again, amen, I say to you, if two of you agree
on earth about anything for which they are to pray, it shall be granted to them
by my heavenly Father. For where two or three are gathered together in my name,
there am I in the midst of them."
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
Nicene Creed
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he
suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Prayer of
the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our prayer, we ask you
Lord, listen to our prayer
OFFERTORY
HYMN
A New Commandment
A new commandment I give unto you:
that ye love one another as I loved you,
that ye love one another as I loved you.
By this shall all know that ye are my disciples:
if ye have love one for another.
By this shall all know that ye are my disciples:
if ye have love one for another.
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
P✠: Pray, brethren
(brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the
almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the
praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy
Church.
P✠: The Lord be
with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
P✠: It is truly
right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
Sanctus
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
P✠: You are indeed
Holy, O Lord, the….
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his
Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his
disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
P✠: In a similar
way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks,
he gave it to his disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
P✠: The mystery of
faith.
All: When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup, we proclaim
your Death, O Lord, until you come again.
P✠: Therefore, as
we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
P✠: Through him,
and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: Deliver us,
Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by
the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all
distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus
Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours,
now and for ever.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look
not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her
peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and
ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Agnus Dei
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have
mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ,....
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes
away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
COMMUNION HYMN
Rock
of My Salvation
You are the Rock of my
salvation,
You are the strength of my life.
You are my hope and my inspiration,
Lord, unto You will I cry.
I believe in You,
believe in You, for Your faithful love to me.
You have been my help in time of need;
Lord, unto You will I cleave.
You are the Rock of my
salvation,
You are the strength of my life.
Spirit
Song
Oh let the Son of God
enfold you,
With His Spirit and His love,
Let Him fill your heart and satisfy your soul.
Oh let Him have the things that hold you,
And His Spirit like a dove.
Will descend upon your life and make you whole.
Jesus, Oh Jesus, come
and fill Your lambs.
Jesus, Oh Jesus, come and fill Your lambs.
Oh come and sing this
song with gladness.
As your hearts are filled with joy,
Lift your hands in sweet surrender to His name,
Oh give Him all your tears and sadness,
Give Him all your years of pain.
And you’ll enter into life in Jesus name.
Jesus, Oh Jesus, come
and fill Your lambs.
Jesus, Oh Jesus, come and fill Your lambs.
Oh let the Son of God
enfold you,
With His Spirit and His love
Let Him fill your heart and satisfy your soul.
Oh let Him have the things that hold you.
And His Spirit like a dove
will descend upon your life and make you whole.
Oh, He’ll descend upon your life and make you whole.
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray. …..
…..
All: Amen.
P✠:
The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
RECESSIONAL HYMN
We Will Rise Again
1. Like a shepherd I will feed you;
I will gather you with care.
I will lead you and hold you close to my heart. *
*We will run and not grow weary,
for our God will be our strength,
and we will fly like the eagle, we will rise again.
2. I am strength to the weary;
to the weak I am new life.
Though the young may grow weary,
I will be their hope.*
3. Lift up your eyes,
and see who made the stars.
I lead you, and I know you,
I call you each by name.*
4. Fear not, I am with you;
I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
uphold you with my hand.*
Blackbird has spoken like the first bird
Praise for the singing
Praise for the morning
Praise for them springing fresh from the Word
Like the first dew fall on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where His feet pass
Mine is the morning
Born of the One Light Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Thus says the LORD:
You, son of man, I have appointed
watchman for the house of Israel; when you hear me say anything, you shall warn
them for me. If I tell the wicked, "O wicked one, you shall surely die,
" and you do not speak out to dissuade the wicked from his way, the wicked
shall die for his guilt, but I will hold you responsible for his death. But if
you warn the wicked, trying to turn him from his way, and he refuses to turn
from his way, he shall die for his guilt, but you shall save yourself.
All: Thanks be to God.
8-9
R. If today you hear his voice, harden
not your hearts.
R. If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
R. If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
R. If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Brothers and sisters:
Owe nothing to anyone, except to love
one another; for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. The
commandments, "You shall not commit adultery; you shall not kill; you
shall not steal; you shall not covet, " and whatever other commandment
there may be, are summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your
neighbor as yourself." Love does no evil to the neighbor; hence, love is
the fulfillment of the law.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Jesus said to his disciples: "If
your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him
alone. If he listens to you, you have won over your brother. If he does not
listen, take one or two others along with you, so that 'every fact may be
established on the testimony of two or three witnesses.' If he refuses to
listen to them, tell the church. If he refuses to listen even to the church,
then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector. Amen, I say to you,
whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on
earth shall be loosed in heaven. Again, amen, I say to you, if two of you agree
on earth about anything for which they are to pray, it shall be granted to them
by my heavenly Father. For where two or three are gathered together in my name,
there am I in the midst of them."
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
that ye love one another as I loved you,
that ye love one another as I loved you.
By this shall all know that ye are my disciples:
if ye have love one for another.
By this shall all know that ye are my disciples:
if ye have love one for another.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
You are the strength of my life.
You are my hope and my inspiration,
Lord, unto You will I cry.
You have been my help in time of need;
Lord, unto You will I cleave.
You are the strength of my life.
With His Spirit and His love,
Let Him fill your heart and satisfy your soul.
Oh let Him have the things that hold you,
And His Spirit like a dove.
Will descend upon your life and make you whole.
Jesus, Oh Jesus, come and fill Your lambs.
As your hearts are filled with joy,
Lift your hands in sweet surrender to His name,
Oh give Him all your tears and sadness,
Give Him all your years of pain.
And you’ll enter into life in Jesus name.
Jesus, Oh Jesus, come and fill Your lambs.
With His Spirit and His love
Let Him fill your heart and satisfy your soul.
Oh let Him have the things that hold you.
And His Spirit like a dove
will descend upon your life and make you whole.
Oh, He’ll descend upon your life and make you whole.
P✠: Let us pray. …..
All: Amen.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
I will gather you with care.
I will lead you and hold you close to my heart. *
for our God will be our strength,
and we will fly like the eagle, we will rise again.
to the weak I am new life.
Though the young may grow weary,
I will be their hope.*
and see who made the stars.
I lead you, and I know you,
I call you each by name.*
I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
uphold you with my hand.*
Comments
Post a Comment