CTK English Mass – 21st Sunday (27 Aug 2023)
CTK English Mass – 21st Sunday (27
Aug 2023)
ENTRANCE HYMN
Glory
and Praise to our God
* Glory and praise to
our God
Who alone gives light to our days
Many are the blessings He bears
To those who trust in His ways
1. We the daughters and
sons of Him
Who built the valleys and plains
Praise the wonders our God has done
In every heart that sings *
2. In His wisdom He strengthens
us
Like gold that's tested in fire
Though the power of sin prevails
Our God is there to save *
3. Every moment of
every day
Our God is waiting to save
Always ready to seek the lost
To answer those who pray *
4. God has watered our
barren land
And spent his merciful rain
Now the rivers of life run full
For anyone to drink*
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and
sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I
have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my
fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask
blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and
sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Lord Jesus Christ,
Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father: you take away the
sins of the world, have mercy on us. You take away the sins of the world,
receive our prayer. You are seated at the right hand of the Father, have mercy
on us.
For you alone are the Holy
One. You alone are the Lord. You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with
the Holy Spirit in the glory of God the Father. Amen.
1st
Reading – Isaiah 22:19-23
Thus says the LORD to Shebna, master of
the palace:
"I will thrust you from your office
and pull you down from your station. On that day I will summon my servant
Eliakim, son of Hilkiah; I will clothe him with your robe, and gird him with
your sash, and give over to him your authority. He shall be a father to the
inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah. I will place the key of
the House of David on Eliakim's shoulder; when he opens, no one shall shut,
when he shuts, no one shall open. I will fix him like a peg in a sure spot,
to be a place of honor for his family."
All: Thanks be to God.
Responsorial Psalm – Psalms
138:1-2, 2-3, 6, 8
R. Lord, your love is eternal; do not
forsake the work of your hands.
I
will give thanks to you, O LORD, with all my heart, for you have heard the
words of my mouth; in the presence of the angels I will sing your praise; I
will worship at your holy temple.
R. Lord, your love is eternal; do not forsake the work of your hands.
I
will give thanks to your name, because of your kindness and your truth: When I
called, you answered me; you built up strength within me.
R. Lord, your love is eternal; do not forsake the work of your hands.
The
LORD is exalted, yet the lowly he sees, and the proud he knows from afar. Your
kindness, O LORD, endures forever; forsake not the work of your hands.
R. Lord, your love is eternal; do not forsake the work of your hands.
2nd Reading – Romans 11:33-36
Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom
and knowledge of God! How inscrutable are his judgments and how unsearchable
his ways! For who has known the mind of the Lord or who has been his counselor?
Or who has given the Lord anything that he may be repaid? For from him and
through him and for him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.
All: Thanks be to God.
Alleluia
– Matthew 16:18
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
You are Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Gospel
– Matthew 16:13-20
Jesus went into the region of Caesarea
Philippi and he asked his disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of
Man is?" They replied, "Some say John the Baptist, others Elijah,
still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." He said to them, "But
who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter said in reply, "You are the
Christ, the Son of the living God." Jesus said to him in reply,
"Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed
this to you, but my heavenly Father. And so I say to you, you are Peter, and
upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall
not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven.
Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on
earth shall be loosed in heaven." Then he strictly ordered his disciples
to tell no one that he was the Christ.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
Nicene Creed
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he
suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Prayer of
the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our prayer, we ask you
Lord, listen to our prayer
OFFERTORY
HYMN
No Man Is An Island
No man is an island,
No man stands alone,
Each man's joy is joy to me,
Each man's grief is my own.
We need one another,
So I will defend,
Each man as my brother,
Each man as my friend.
I saw the people gather,
I heard the music start,
The song that they were singing,
Is ringing in my heart.
No man is an island,
No man stands alone,
Each man's joy is joy to me,
Each man's grief is my own.
We need one another,
So I will defend,
Each man as my brother,
Each man as my friend.
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
P✠: Pray, brethren
(brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the
almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the
praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy
Church.
P✠: The Lord be
with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
P✠: It is truly
right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
Sanctus
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
P✠: You are indeed
Holy, O Lord, the….
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his
Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his
disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
P✠: In a similar
way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks,
he gave it to his disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
P✠: The mystery of
faith.
All: When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup, we proclaim
your Death, O Lord, until you come again.
P✠: Therefore, as
we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
P✠: Through him,
and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: Deliver us,
Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by
the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all
distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus
Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours,
now and for ever.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look
not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her
peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and
ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Agnus Dei
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have
mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ,....
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes
away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
COMMUNION HYMN
Christ
is My Rock
* Christ is my rock, my
refuge, my stronghold,
Firm as the tree's root that clutches the land.
He who has faith builds without worry,
not like the man who builds upon sand.
I set my house on a solid foundation
Christ is my rock the root of my soul's recreation.
1. I know a man who
loved to live "free",
He pitched his tent by the side of the sea.
It stood near the surf and was washed by the spray
'Till one day a wave came and washed it away.
2. I know a man who
loved to live high.
He built his castle near up to the sky,
Through summer and spring it stood pretty well,
When winter winds whistled, it toppled and fell.
* Christ is my rock, my
refuge, my stronghold,
Firm as the tree's root that clutches the land.
He who has faith builds without worry,
not like the man who builds upon sand.
I set my house on a solid foundation
Christ is my rock the root of my soul's recreation.
3. I know a man, a cool
one to know,
He built his house out of ice and of snow,
In chill isolation his night work was done,
But it melted away with the warm morning sun.
4. I know a man who
built out of straw,
The flimsiest fellow that I ever saw,
One day a spark set it to flame,
And nothing was left to remember his name.
* Christ is my rock, my
refuge, my stronghold,
Firm as the tree's root that clutches the land.
He who has faith, builds without worry,
Not like the man who builds upon sand,
I set my house on a solid foundation,
Christ is my rock, the root of my soul's recreation.
Come
and Sing Praises
Ascribe to the Lord, O
mighty ones,
Ascribe to the Lord, glory and strength;
Ascribe to the Lord, the glory due His name.
Worship the Lord in the beauty of His holiness.
CHORUS:
Come and sing praises to the Rock of Ages,
come and sing praises to Jesus our Lord;
Come and adore Him, bow down before Him,
come and sing praises to Jesus our Lord.
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray. …..
…..
All: Amen.
P✠:
The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
RECESSIONAL HYMN
Thank
You, Lord
1. Thank You Lord for
the trials that come my way
In that way I can grow each day as I let You lead
And thank you Lord for the patience those trials bring
In the process of growing I can learn to care
But it goes against the way I am
To put my human nature down
And let the Spirit take control of all I do
Cause when those trials come my human
nature shouts the things to do
And God's soft prompting can be easily ignore
2. I thank you Lord
with each trial I feel inside
That you're there to help lead and guide me away from wrong
Cause you promised Lord that with every testing
that your way of escaping is easier to bear
But it goes against the way I am
To put my human nature down
And let the Spirit take control of all I do
Cause when those trials come my human
nature shouts the things to do
And God's soft prompting can be easily ignore
3. I thank you Lord for
the victory that growing brings
in surrender of everything life is so worthwhile
and I thank you Lord
that when everything's put in place
out in front I can see your face
and it's there you belong
Who alone gives light to our days
Many are the blessings He bears
To those who trust in His ways
Who built the valleys and plains
Praise the wonders our God has done
In every heart that sings *
Like gold that's tested in fire
Though the power of sin prevails
Our God is there to save *
Our God is waiting to save
Always ready to seek the lost
To answer those who pray *
And spent his merciful rain
Now the rivers of life run full
For anyone to drink*
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Thus says the LORD to Shebna, master of
the palace:
"I will thrust you from your office
and pull you down from your station. On that day I will summon my servant
Eliakim, son of Hilkiah; I will clothe him with your robe, and gird him with
your sash, and give over to him your authority. He shall be a father to the
inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah. I will place the key of
the House of David on Eliakim's shoulder; when he opens, no one shall shut,
when he shuts, no one shall open. I will fix him like a peg in a sure spot,
to be a place of honor for his family."
138:1-2, 2-3, 6, 8
R. Lord, your love is eternal; do not
forsake the work of your hands.
R. Lord, your love is eternal; do not forsake the work of your hands.
R. Lord, your love is eternal; do not forsake the work of your hands.
R. Lord, your love is eternal; do not forsake the work of your hands.
Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom
and knowledge of God! How inscrutable are his judgments and how unsearchable
his ways! For who has known the mind of the Lord or who has been his counselor?
Or who has given the Lord anything that he may be repaid? For from him and
through him and for him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
You are Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Jesus went into the region of Caesarea
Philippi and he asked his disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of
Man is?" They replied, "Some say John the Baptist, others Elijah,
still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." He said to them, "But
who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter said in reply, "You are the
Christ, the Son of the living God." Jesus said to him in reply,
"Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed
this to you, but my heavenly Father. And so I say to you, you are Peter, and
upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall
not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven.
Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on
earth shall be loosed in heaven." Then he strictly ordered his disciples
to tell no one that he was the Christ.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
No man stands alone,
Each man's joy is joy to me,
Each man's grief is my own.
So I will defend,
Each man as my brother,
Each man as my friend.
I heard the music start,
The song that they were singing,
Is ringing in my heart.
No man stands alone,
Each man's joy is joy to me,
Each man's grief is my own.
So I will defend,
Each man as my brother,
Each man as my friend.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Firm as the tree's root that clutches the land.
He who has faith builds without worry,
not like the man who builds upon sand.
I set my house on a solid foundation
Christ is my rock the root of my soul's recreation.
He pitched his tent by the side of the sea.
It stood near the surf and was washed by the spray
'Till one day a wave came and washed it away.
He built his castle near up to the sky,
Through summer and spring it stood pretty well,
When winter winds whistled, it toppled and fell.
Firm as the tree's root that clutches the land.
He who has faith builds without worry,
not like the man who builds upon sand.
I set my house on a solid foundation
Christ is my rock the root of my soul's recreation.
He built his house out of ice and of snow,
In chill isolation his night work was done,
But it melted away with the warm morning sun.
The flimsiest fellow that I ever saw,
One day a spark set it to flame,
And nothing was left to remember his name.
Firm as the tree's root that clutches the land.
He who has faith, builds without worry,
Not like the man who builds upon sand,
I set my house on a solid foundation,
Christ is my rock, the root of my soul's recreation.
Ascribe to the Lord, glory and strength;
Ascribe to the Lord, the glory due His name.
Worship the Lord in the beauty of His holiness.
Come and sing praises to the Rock of Ages,
come and sing praises to Jesus our Lord;
Come and adore Him, bow down before Him,
come and sing praises to Jesus our Lord.
P✠: Let us pray. …..
All: Amen.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
In that way I can grow each day as I let You lead
And thank you Lord for the patience those trials bring
In the process of growing I can learn to care
But it goes against the way I am
To put my human nature down
And let the Spirit take control of all I do
Cause when those trials come my human
nature shouts the things to do
And God's soft prompting can be easily ignore
That you're there to help lead and guide me away from wrong
Cause you promised Lord that with every testing
that your way of escaping is easier to bear
But it goes against the way I am
To put my human nature down
And let the Spirit take control of all I do
Cause when those trials come my human
nature shouts the things to do
And God's soft prompting can be easily ignore
in surrender of everything life is so worthwhile
and I thank you Lord
that when everything's put in place
out in front I can see your face
and it's there you belong
Comments
Post a Comment