CTK English Mass – 16th Sunday (23 July 2023)

CTK English Mass – 16th Sunday (23 July 2023)
 
 
ENTRANCE HYMN
 
Praise the Lord, My Soul
 
1. Praise the Lord, my soul,
Let fire and rain give praise to Him;
Give praise to Him, who is merciful, slow to judge;
bless the Lord, O my soul.
 
2. Bless the Lord, my soul,
Let all I am give praise to Him;
And not forget He is kind, He forgives our sins
bless the Lord, O my soul.
 
3. Merciful and kind,
He knows that man is made of dust;
And like the flowers that flourish, he soon must die;
bless the Lord, O my soul.
 
4. Glory to our God,
Let all that is give praise to Hi;
Give praise to Him, all you creatures who live His love;
bless the Lord, O my soul.
 
 
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
 
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
 
 
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
 
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father. 
 
Lord Jesus Christ, Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father: you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us. You take away the sins of the world, receive our prayer. You are seated at the right hand of the Father, have mercy on us.
 
For you alone are the Holy One. You alone are the Lord. You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit in the glory of God the Father. Amen.
 
 
1st Reading – Wisdom 12:13, 16-19
There is no god besides you who have the care of all, that you need show you have not unjustly condemned. For your might is the source of justice; your mastery over all things makes you lenient to all. For you show your might when the perfection of your power is disbelieved; and in those who know you, you rebuke temerity. But though you are master of might, you judge with clemency, and with much lenience you govern us; for power, whenever you will, attends you.
And you taught your people, by these deeds,
that those who are just must be kind; and you gave your children good ground for hope that you would permit repentance for their sins.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
Responsorial Psalm – Psalms 86:5-6, 9-10, 15-16
R. Lord, you are good and forgiving.
 
You, O LORD, are good and forgiving,
abounding in kindness to all who call upon you. Hearken, O LORD, to my prayer
and attend to the sound of my pleading.
R. Lord, you are good and forgiving.
 
All the nations you have made shall come
and worship you, O LORD, and glorify your name. For you are great, and you do wondrous deeds; you alone are God.
R. Lord, you are good and forgiving.
 
You, O LORD, are a God merciful and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in kindness and fidelity. Turn toward me, and have pity on me;
give your strength to your servant.
R. Lord, you are good and forgiving.
 
 
2nd Reading – Romans 8:26-27
Brothers and sisters:
The Spirit comes to the aid of our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes with inexpressible groanings. And the one who searches hearts knows what is the intention of the Spirit, because he intercedes for the holy ones according to God's will.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
Alleluia – CF. Matthew 11:25
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Blessed are you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth; you have revealed to little ones the mysteries of the kingdom.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
 
 
Gospel – Matthew 13:24-30
Jesus proposed another parable to the crowds, saying:
"The kingdom of heaven may be likened to a man who sowed good seed in his field. While everyone was asleep his enemy came
and sowed weeds all through the wheat, and then went off. When the crop grew and bore fruit, the weeds appeared as well. The slaves of the householder came to him and said,
'Master, did you not sow good seed in your field? Where have the weeds come from?'
He answered, 'An enemy has done this.'
His slaves said to him, 'Do you want us to go and pull them up?' He replied, 'No, if you pull up the weeds you might uproot the wheat along with them. Let them grow together until harvest; then at harvest time I will say to the harvesters, "First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles for burning; but gather the wheat into my barn."'"
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
 
 
Nicene Creed
 
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
 
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
 
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
 
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
 
 
Prayer of the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
 
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our prayer, we ask you Lord, listen to our prayer
 
 
OFFERTORY HYMN
 
Do Not Worry
 
* Do not worry over what to eat, what to wear or put upon your feet
Trust and pray, go do your best today
Then leave it in the hands of the Lord, leave it in the hands of the Lord
 
1. The lilies of the field, they do not spin or weave
Yet Solomon was not arrayed like one of these
The birds of the air, they do not sow or reap
But God tends to them, like a shepherd tends his sheep *
 
2. The Lord will guide you in His hidden way
Show you what to do and tell you what to say
When you pray for rain, go build a dam to store
Ev'ry drop of water you have asked Him for *
 
3. The Lord knows your needs before you ask
Only trust in Him for He will do the task
Of bringing in your life whatever you must know
He'll lead you thru the darkness wherever you must go *
 
 
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
 
P✠: Pray, brethren (brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy Church. 
 
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
 
P✠: It is truly right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
 
 
Sanctus
 
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts. 
Heaven and earth are full of your glory. 
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord. 
Hosanna in the highest. 
 
P✠: You are indeed Holy, O Lord, the…. 
 
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying:
 
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
 
P✠: In a similar way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks, he gave it to his disciples, saying:
 
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
 
P✠: The mystery of faith.
All: When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup, we proclaim your Death, O Lord, until you come again.
 
P✠: Therefore, as we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
 
P✠: Through him, and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
 
 
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
 
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
 
P✠: Deliver us, Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, now and for ever.
 
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
 
 
Agnus Dei
 
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
 
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ,....
 
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
 
 
COMMUNION HYMN
 
When I Am Weak, I Am Strong
 
1. Peace is what I leave with you, its My own peace I give
I do not give it as the world gives
So don't be worried and upset do not be afraid I'll come to you
I'll always be there
My grace is all you need, for My power is great
When you are weak, then you are strong
For I'll be with you, every step you take
When you are weak, then you are strong *
 
2. Peace is what I leave with you, its My own peace I give
I do not give it as the world gives
So don't be worried and upset do not be afraid I'll come to you
I'll always be there
My grace is all you need, for My power is great
When you are weak, then you are strong
Yes Lord, I'm content with my weaknesses
For when I'm weak, then I am strong
 
 
I’m Justified
 
1. Most Holy Judge I stood before You guilty.
When You sent Jesus to the cross for my sin.
There Your love was revealed,
Your justice vindicated;
One sacrifice has paid the cost for all who trust in Jesus. *
 
* Now I’am justified, You declare me righteous;
Justified by the blood of the Lamb.
Justified freely by Your mercy,
By faith I stand and I’m justified.
 
I come to You and I can call You Father,
There is no fear, there is no shame before You.
For by Your gift of grace
Now I am one of Your children;
An heir with those who bear Your name
and share the hope of glory. *
 
 
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray.  ….. 
….. 
All: Amen.
 
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
RECESSIONAL HYMN
 
Turn to Me
 
* Turn to me, O turn, and be saved,
says the Lord, for I am God
there is no other, none beside me.
I call your name.
 
1. I am He that comforts you
who are you to be afraid of flesh that fades,
is made like the grass of the field, soon to wither. *
 
2. Listen to me, my people;
Give ear to me, my nation;
A law will go forth from me and my justice for a light
to the people. *
 
3. Lift up your eyes to the heavens,
and look at the earth down below.
The heavens will vanish like smoke,
and the earth will wear out like a garment. *

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOOD FRIDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) 3 April 2026

HOLY THURSDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) (2 April 2026)

CTK English Mass - The Nativity of the Lord (24 Dec 2025)