CTK English Mass – 5th Easter Sunday (7 May 2023)
CTK English Mass – 5th
Easter Sunday (7 May 2023)
ENTRANCE HYMN
SING A
NEW SONG
* Sing a new song unto the Lord
Let your song be sung from mountains high
Sing a new song unto the Lord, singing alleluia
1. Shout with gladness!
Dance for joy! O come before the Lord
And play for Him on glad tambourines, and let your trumpet sound*
2. Rise, O children,
from your sleep, your Saviour now has come
He has turned your sorrow to joy, and filled your soul with song*
3. Glad my soul for I
have seen the glory of the Lord
The trumpet sounds, the dead shall be raised. I know my Saviour lives
* Sing a new song unto the Lord
Let your song be sung from mountains high
Sing a new song unto the Lord, singing alleluia
And play for Him on glad tambourines, and let your trumpet sound*
He has turned your sorrow to joy, and filled your soul with song*
The trumpet sounds, the dead shall be raised. I know my Saviour lives
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty
God and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my
thoughts and in my words, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do,
(striking their breast) through my fault, through my fault, through my most
grievous fault; therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and
Saints, and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Lord Jesus Christ, Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God,
Son of the Father: you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us. You
take away the sins of the world, receive our prayer. You are seated at the
right hand of the Father, have mercy on us.
For you alone are the Holy One. You alone are the Lord. You
alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit in the glory of God
the Father. Amen.
1st Reading – Acts 6:1-7
And in those days, the number of the disciples increasing, there arose a murmuring of the Greeks against the Hebrews, for that their widows were neglected in the daily distribution. Then the twelve calling together the multitude of the disciples, said, “It is not right for us to neglect the word of God to serve at table. Therefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business. But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word. And the saying was liked by all the multitude. And they chose Stephen, a man full of faith, and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas, a proselyte of Antioch. These they set before the apostles; and they praying, imposed hands upon them.
And the word of the Lord increased; and the number of the disciples was multiplied in Jerusalem exceedingly: a great multitude also of the priests obeyed the faith.
All: Thanks be to God.
Responsorial Psalm – Psalms 33:1-2, 4-5, 18-19
R. Lord, let your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in you.
Exult, you just, in the LORD; praise from the upright
is fitting. Give thanks to the LORD on the harp; with the ten-stringed lyre
chant his praises.
R. Lord, let your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in you.
Upright is the word of the LORD, and all his works are
trustworthy. He loves justice and right; of the kindness of the LORD the earth
is full.
R. Lord, let your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in you.
See, the eyes of the LORD are upon those who fear him,
upon those who hope for his kindness, To deliver them from death
and preserve them in spite of famine.
R. Lord, let your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in you.
2nd Reading – 1 Peter 2:4-9
Beloved: Unto whom coming, as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen and made honourable by God: and, like living stones, let yourselves be built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. For it is said in the scripture: Behold, I lay in Zion a chief corner stone, elect, precious. And he that shall believe in him, shall not be confounded. To you therefore that believe, he is honour: but to them that believe not, the stone which the builders rejected, the same is made the head of the corner: And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of scandal, to them who stumble at the word, neither do believe, whereunto also they are set. But you are a chosen generation, a kingly priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people: that you may declare his virtues, who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
All: Thanks be to God.
Alleluia – John 14:6
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
I am the way, the truth and the life, says the Lord; no one comes to the Father, except through me.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Gospel – John 14:1-12
Jesus said to his disciples: Let not your heart be troubled. You believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house there are many mansions. If not, I would have told you: because I go to prepare a place for you. And if I shall go, and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and will take you to myself; that where I am, you also may be. And where I go you know, and the way you know. Thomas said to him: Lord, we know not where you go; and how can we know the way? Jesus said to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father, but by me. Jesus said to his disciples: If you had known me, you would without doubt have known my Father also: and from henceforth you shall know him, and you have seen him. Philip said to him: Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us. Jesus saith to him: Have I been so long a time with you; and have you not known me? Philip, he that sees me sees the Father also. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe, that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I speak to you, I speak not of myself. But the Father who abides in me, he does the works. Believe you not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? Otherwise believe for the very works’ sake. Amen, amen I say to you, he that believes in me, the works that I do, he also shall do; and greater than these shall he do. Because I go to the Father:
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
Nicene Creed
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus
Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he
suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Prayer of
the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our prayer, we ask you
Lord, listen to our prayer
OFFERTORY HYMN
FATHER
I BELIEVE YOU
Father, I believe You. Jesus, I receive You
Holy Spirit, I now free You, create in me new life
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
P✠: Pray, brethren
(brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the
almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the
praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy
Church.
P✠: The Lord be
with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
P✠: It is truly
right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
Sanctus
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
P✠: You are indeed
Holy, O Lord, the….
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his
Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his
disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
P✠: In a similar
way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks,
he gave it to his disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
P✠: The mystery of
faith.
All: Save us, Save us, Savior of the world, for by your
Cross and Resurrection you have set us free.
P✠: Therefore, as
we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
P✠: Through him,
and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: Deliver us,
Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by
the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all
distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus
Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours,
now and for ever.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look
not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her
peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and
ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Agnus Dei
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have
mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ,....
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes
away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
COMMUNION HYMN
ROCK OF MY SALVATION
You
are the rock of my salvation
You are the strength of my life
You are my hope and my inspiration
Lord, unto You will I cry
I believe in You, believe in You
For Your faithful love to me
You have been my help in time of need
Lord, unto You will I cleave
I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE
1. I
am the bread of life, You who comes to Me shall not hunger
He who believes in Me shall not thirst. No one can come to Me, unless the Father beckons.*
* And
I will raise you up, and I will raise you up
And I will raise you up on the last day
2. The
bread that I will give, is My flesh for the life of the world
And if you eats of this bread you shall live for-ev-er, you shall live forever*
3.
Unless you eat, of the flesh of the Son of Man
And drink of His blood, and drink of His blood. You shall not have life within you*
4. I
am the resurrection, I am the life
if you believes in Me even if you die. You shall live forever *
5.
Yes, Lord, I believe, that you are the Christ
The Son of God, who has come in-to the world*
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray. …..
…..
All: Amen.
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And
with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks
be to God.
RECESSIONAL HYMN
THANK
YOU, LORD
1. Thank you, Lord, for
the trials that come my way
In that way I can grow each day as I let You lead
And thank you, Lord, for the patience those trials bring
In that process of growing I can learn to care*
* But it goes against
the way I am to put my human nature down
And let the Spirit take control of all I do
'Cause when those trials come my human nature shouts the things to do
And God's soft prompting can be easily ignored
2. I thank you Lord,
with each trail I feel inside
That You're there to help lead and guide me away from wrong
'Cause You promised, Lord, that with every testing
That Your way of escaping is easier to bear*
3. I thank you Lord,
for the victory that growing brings
In surrender of everything life is so worthwhile
And I thank you Lord, that when everything is put in place
Out in front I can see Your face, and it's there You belong
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
And in those days, the number of the disciples increasing, there arose a murmuring of the Greeks against the Hebrews, for that their widows were neglected in the daily distribution. Then the twelve calling together the multitude of the disciples, said, “It is not right for us to neglect the word of God to serve at table. Therefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business. But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word. And the saying was liked by all the multitude. And they chose Stephen, a man full of faith, and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas, a proselyte of Antioch. These they set before the apostles; and they praying, imposed hands upon them.
And the word of the Lord increased; and the number of the disciples was multiplied in Jerusalem exceedingly: a great multitude also of the priests obeyed the faith.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. Lord, let your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in you.
R. Lord, let your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in you.
R. Lord, let your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in you.
and preserve them in spite of famine.
R. Lord, let your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in you.
Beloved: Unto whom coming, as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen and made honourable by God: and, like living stones, let yourselves be built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. For it is said in the scripture: Behold, I lay in Zion a chief corner stone, elect, precious. And he that shall believe in him, shall not be confounded. To you therefore that believe, he is honour: but to them that believe not, the stone which the builders rejected, the same is made the head of the corner: And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of scandal, to them who stumble at the word, neither do believe, whereunto also they are set. But you are a chosen generation, a kingly priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people: that you may declare his virtues, who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
All: Thanks be to God.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
I am the way, the truth and the life, says the Lord; no one comes to the Father, except through me.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Jesus said to his disciples: Let not your heart be troubled. You believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house there are many mansions. If not, I would have told you: because I go to prepare a place for you. And if I shall go, and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and will take you to myself; that where I am, you also may be. And where I go you know, and the way you know. Thomas said to him: Lord, we know not where you go; and how can we know the way? Jesus said to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father, but by me. Jesus said to his disciples: If you had known me, you would without doubt have known my Father also: and from henceforth you shall know him, and you have seen him. Philip said to him: Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us. Jesus saith to him: Have I been so long a time with you; and have you not known me? Philip, he that sees me sees the Father also. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe, that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I speak to you, I speak not of myself. But the Father who abides in me, he does the works. Believe you not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? Otherwise believe for the very works’ sake. Amen, amen I say to you, he that believes in me, the works that I do, he also shall do; and greater than these shall he do. Because I go to the Father:
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
Holy Spirit, I now free You, create in me new life
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
You are the strength of my life
You are my hope and my inspiration
Lord, unto You will I cry
I believe in You, believe in You
For Your faithful love to me
You have been my help in time of need
Lord, unto You will I cleave
He who believes in Me shall not thirst. No one can come to Me, unless the Father beckons.*
And I will raise you up on the last day
And if you eats of this bread you shall live for-ev-er, you shall live forever*
And drink of His blood, and drink of His blood. You shall not have life within you*
if you believes in Me even if you die. You shall live forever *
The Son of God, who has come in-to the world*
P✠: Let us pray. …..
All: Amen.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
In that way I can grow each day as I let You lead
And thank you, Lord, for the patience those trials bring
In that process of growing I can learn to care*
And let the Spirit take control of all I do
'Cause when those trials come my human nature shouts the things to do
And God's soft prompting can be easily ignored
That You're there to help lead and guide me away from wrong
'Cause You promised, Lord, that with every testing
That Your way of escaping is easier to bear*
In surrender of everything life is so worthwhile
And I thank you Lord, that when everything is put in place
Out in front I can see Your face, and it's there You belong
Comments
Post a Comment