CTK English Mass – 2nd Easter Sunday (16 Apr 2023)
CTK English Mass – 2nd
Easter Sunday (16 Apr 2023)
ENTRANCE HYMN
Rejoice, The Lord is King
1.
Rejoice! The Lord is King! Your Lord and King adore;
Mortals, give thanks and sing, and triumph evermore;
* Lift
up your heart, lift up your voice;
Rejoice, again I say, rejoice.
2. The
Lord, the Savior reigns, The God of truth and love
When He had purged our stains, He took His seat above *
3.
Rejoice in glorious house, our Lord, the Judge
Shall come and take His servant up to their eternal home
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty
God and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my
thoughts and in my words, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do,
(striking their breast) through my fault, through my fault, through my most
grievous fault; therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and
Saints, and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Lord Jesus Christ, Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God,
Son of the Father: you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us. You
take away the sins of the world, receive our prayer. You are seated at the
right hand of the Father, have mercy on us.
For you alone are the Holy One. You alone are the Lord. You
alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit in the glory of God
the Father. Amen.
1st
Reading – Acts 2:42-47
They devoted themselves to the teaching of the apostles and to the communal life, to the breaking of bread and to the prayers.
Awe came upon everyone, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles.
All who believed were together and had all things in common; they would sell their property and possessions and divide them among all according to each one’s need.
Every day they devoted themselves to meeting together in the temple area and to breaking bread in their homes. They ate their meals with exultation and sincerity of heart,
praising God and enjoying favor with all the people. And every day the Lord added to their number those who were being saved.
All: Thanks be to God.
Responsorial Psalm – Psalms 118:2-4, 13-15, 22-24
R. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, his love is everlasting.
Let
the house of Israel say, “His mercy endures forever.” Let the house of Aaron
say, “His mercy endures forever.” Let those who fear the LORD say, “His mercy
endures forever.”
R. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, his love is everlasting.
I
was hard pressed and was falling, but the LORD helped me. My strength and my
courage is the Lord, and he has been my savior. The joyful shout of victory in
the tents of the just:
R. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, his love is everlasting.
The
stone which the builders rejected has become the cornerstone. By the LORD has
this been done; it is wonderful in our eyes.
This is the day the LORD has made; let us be glad and rejoice in it.
R. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, his love is everlasting.
2nd Reading – 1 Peter 1:3-9
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who in his great mercy gave us a new birth to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you who by the power of God are safeguarded through faith, to a salvation that is ready to be revealed in the final time. In this you rejoice, although now for a little while you may have to suffer through various trials, so that the genuineness of your faith, more precious than gold that is perishable even though tested by fire, may prove to be for praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Although you have not seen him you love him; even though you do not see him now yet believe in him, you rejoice with an indescribable and glorious joy, as you attain the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
All: Thanks be to God.
Alleluia – John 20:29
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
You believe in me, Thomas, because you have seen me, says the Lord; Blessed are those who have not seen me, but still believe!
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Gospel – John 20:19-31
On the evening of that first day of the week, when the doors were locked, where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and said to them, “Peace be with you.” When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. The disciples rejoiced when they saw the Lord.
Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.”
And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained.”
Thomas, called Didymus, one of the Twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. So the other disciples said to him, “We have seen the Lord.” But he said to them, “Unless I see the mark of the nails in his hands and put my finger into the nailmarks and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.” Now a week later his disciples were again inside and Thomas was with them. Jesus came, although the doors were locked, and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be with you.” Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and see my hands, and bring your hand and put it into my side, and do not be unbelieving, but believe.” Thomas answered and said to him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Have you come to believe because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed.” Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of his disciples that are not written in this book. But these are written that you may come to believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that through this belief you may have life in his name.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
Nicene Creed
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he
suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Prayer of
the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our prayer, we ask you
Lord, listen to our prayer
OFFERTORY HYMN
Father I believe You
Father
I believe You
Jesus I receive You
Holy Spirit I now free You,
Create in me new life
Father
I believe You
Jesus I receive You
Holy Spirit I now free You,
Create in me new life
Father
I believe You
Jesus I receive You
Holy Spirit I now free You,
Create in me new life
Holy
Spirit I now free You,
Create in me new life
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
P✠: Pray, brethren
(brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the
almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the
praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy
Church.
P✠: The Lord be
with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
P✠: It is truly
right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
Sanctus
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
P✠: You are indeed
Holy, O Lord, the….
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his
Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his
disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
P✠: In a similar
way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks,
he gave it to his disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
P✠: The mystery of
faith.
All: Save us, Save us, Savior of the world, for by your
Cross and Resurrection you have set us free.
P✠: Therefore, as
we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
P✠: Through him,
and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: Deliver us,
Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by the
help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all distress,
as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours,
now and for ever.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look
not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her
peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and
ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Agnus Dei
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have
mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ,....
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes
away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
COMMUNION HYMN
Yet I Believe
* I believe God lay sleeping in the tomb,
waiting until the day should break.
I believe my Father has care of me
and someday, He’ll say, “My child awake”.
1. I believe man was born to die
over and over again.
I believe that man was meant to cry
“Amen, my Lord, Amen”. *
2. I believe that the stars are mine.
Love lifts the starts from the night.
I believe there’s always sun to shine,
though sometimes it’s hidden from sight.
3. I believe man must go alone,
tossed like a wave on the sea.
Yet I believe that man must have a home.
God holds a mansion for me.
1.
I believe man was born for joy.
2.
Some men must find it in pain.
Some rivers run through caves beneath the
ground,
sometimes there’s sun in the rain.
My
Peace
My peace I give unto
you
It's a peace that the world cannot give
It's a peace that the world cannot understand
Peace to know, peace to live
My peace I give unto you
My love I give unto you
It's love that the world cannot give
It's a love that the world cannot understand
Love to know, love to live
My love I give unto you
My peace I give unto
you
It's a peace that the world cannot give
It's a peace that the world cannot understand
Peace to know, peace to live
My peace I give unto you
It's a peace that the world cannot understand
My peace I give unto you
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray. …..
…..
All: Amen.
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And
with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks
be to God.
RECESSIONAL HYMN
Thank
You, Lord
1. Thank You Lord for
the trials that come my way
In that way I can grow each day as I let You lead
And thank you Lord for the patience those trials bring
In the process of growing I can learn to care
But it goes against the way I am
To put my human nature down
And let the Spirit take control of all I do
Cause when those trials come my human
nature shouts the things to do
And God's soft prompting can be easily ignore
2. I thank you Lord
with each trial I feel inside
That you're there to help lead and guide me away from wrong
Cause you promised Lord that with every testing
that your way of escaping is easier to bear
But it goes against the way I am
To put my human nature down
And let the Spirit take control of all I do
Cause when those trials come my human
nature shouts the things to do
And God's soft prompting can be easily ignore
3. I thank you Lord for
the victory that growing brings
in surrender of everything life is so worthwhile
and I thank you Lord
that when everything's put in place
out in front I can see your face
and it's there you belong
Mortals, give thanks and sing, and triumph evermore;
Rejoice, again I say, rejoice.
When He had purged our stains, He took His seat above *
Shall come and take His servant up to their eternal home
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
They devoted themselves to the teaching of the apostles and to the communal life, to the breaking of bread and to the prayers.
Awe came upon everyone, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles.
All who believed were together and had all things in common; they would sell their property and possessions and divide them among all according to each one’s need.
Every day they devoted themselves to meeting together in the temple area and to breaking bread in their homes. They ate their meals with exultation and sincerity of heart,
praising God and enjoying favor with all the people. And every day the Lord added to their number those who were being saved.
All: Thanks be to God.
Responsorial Psalm – Psalms 118:2-4, 13-15, 22-24
R. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, his love is everlasting.
R. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, his love is everlasting.
R. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, his love is everlasting.
This is the day the LORD has made; let us be glad and rejoice in it.
R. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, his love is everlasting.
2nd Reading – 1 Peter 1:3-9
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who in his great mercy gave us a new birth to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you who by the power of God are safeguarded through faith, to a salvation that is ready to be revealed in the final time. In this you rejoice, although now for a little while you may have to suffer through various trials, so that the genuineness of your faith, more precious than gold that is perishable even though tested by fire, may prove to be for praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Although you have not seen him you love him; even though you do not see him now yet believe in him, you rejoice with an indescribable and glorious joy, as you attain the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
All: Thanks be to God.
Alleluia – John 20:29
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
You believe in me, Thomas, because you have seen me, says the Lord; Blessed are those who have not seen me, but still believe!
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Gospel – John 20:19-31
On the evening of that first day of the week, when the doors were locked, where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and said to them, “Peace be with you.” When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. The disciples rejoiced when they saw the Lord.
Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.”
And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained.”
Thomas, called Didymus, one of the Twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. So the other disciples said to him, “We have seen the Lord.” But he said to them, “Unless I see the mark of the nails in his hands and put my finger into the nailmarks and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.” Now a week later his disciples were again inside and Thomas was with them. Jesus came, although the doors were locked, and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be with you.” Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and see my hands, and bring your hand and put it into my side, and do not be unbelieving, but believe.” Thomas answered and said to him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Have you come to believe because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed.” Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of his disciples that are not written in this book. But these are written that you may come to believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that through this belief you may have life in his name.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
Jesus I receive You
Holy Spirit I now free You,
Create in me new life
Jesus I receive You
Holy Spirit I now free You,
Create in me new life
Jesus I receive You
Holy Spirit I now free You,
Create in me new life
Create in me new life
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
waiting until the day should break.
I believe my Father has care of me
and someday, He’ll say, “My child awake”.
over and over again.
I believe that man was meant to cry
“Amen, my Lord, Amen”. *
Love lifts the starts from the night.
I believe there’s always sun to shine,
though sometimes it’s hidden from sight.
tossed like a wave on the sea.
Yet I believe that man must have a home.
God holds a mansion for me.
sometimes there’s sun in the rain.
It's a peace that the world cannot give
It's a peace that the world cannot understand
Peace to know, peace to live
My peace I give unto you
It's love that the world cannot give
It's a love that the world cannot understand
Love to know, love to live
My love I give unto you
It's a peace that the world cannot give
It's a peace that the world cannot understand
Peace to know, peace to live
My peace I give unto you
It's a peace that the world cannot understand
My peace I give unto you
P✠: Let us pray. …..
All: Amen.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
In that way I can grow each day as I let You lead
And thank you Lord for the patience those trials bring
In the process of growing I can learn to care
But it goes against the way I am
To put my human nature down
And let the Spirit take control of all I do
Cause when those trials come my human
nature shouts the things to do
And God's soft prompting can be easily ignore
That you're there to help lead and guide me away from wrong
Cause you promised Lord that with every testing
that your way of escaping is easier to bear
But it goes against the way I am
To put my human nature down
And let the Spirit take control of all I do
Cause when those trials come my human
nature shouts the things to do
And God's soft prompting can be easily ignore
in surrender of everything life is so worthwhile
and I thank you Lord
that when everything's put in place
out in front I can see your face
and it's there you belong
Comments
Post a Comment