CTK English Mass – 2nd Sunday (15 Jan 2023)
CTK English Mass – 2nd Sunday (15
Jan 2023)
ENTRANCE HYMN
Sing
A New Song
* Sing a new song unto
the Lord;
let your song be sung from mountains high
Sing a new song unto the Lord,
Singing alleluia.
1. Sing with gladness,
dance for joy.
O come before the Lord.
And play for him on glad tambourines,
And let your trumpet sound. *
2. Rise, O children,
from your sleep;
your Saviour now has come.
He has turned your sorrow to joy,
and filled your soul with song. *
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and
sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I
have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my
fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask
blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and
sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Lord Jesus Christ, Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God,
Son of the Father: you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us. You
take away the sins of the world, receive our prayer. You are seated at the
right hand of the Father, have mercy on us.
For you alone are the Holy One. You alone are the Lord. You
alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit in the glory of God
the Father. Amen.
1st Reading
– Isaiah 49:3, 5-6
The LORD said to me: You are my servant, Israel, through whom I show my glory.
Now the LORD has spoken who formed me as his servant from the womb, that Jacob may be brought back to him and Israel gathered to him; and I am made glorious in the sight of the LORD, and my God is now my strength!
It is too little, the LORD says, for you to be my servant, to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and restore the survivors of Israel; I will make you a light to the nations, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.
All: Thanks be to God.
Responsorial
Psalm – Psalms 40:2, 4, 7-8, 8-9, 10
R. Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
I have
waited, waited for the Lord, and he stooped toward me and heard my cry. And he
put a new song into my mouth, a hymn to our God.
R. Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
Sacrifice or
offering you wished not, but ears open to obedience you gave me. Holocausts or
sin-offerings you sought not; then said I, “Behold I come.”
R. Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
“In the
written scroll it is prescribed for me, to do your will, O my God, is my
delight, and your law is within my heart!”
R. Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
I announced
your justice in the vast assembly;
I did not restrain my lips, as you, O Lord, know.
R. Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
2nd Reading
– 1 Corinthians 1:1-3
Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother, to the church of God that is in Corinth, to you who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be holy, with all those everywhere who call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
All: Thanks be to God.
Alleluia –
John 1:14A, 12A
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
The Word of God became flesh and dwelt among us. To those who accepted him,
he gave power to become children of God.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Gospel –
John 1:29-34
John the Baptist saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world. He is the one of whom I said, ‘A man is coming after me who ranks ahead of me because he existed before me.’ I did not know him, but the reason why I came baptizing with water was that he might be made known to Israel.” John testified further, saying, “I saw the Spirit come down like a dove from heaven and remain upon him. I did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘On whomever you see the Spirit come down and remain, he is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ Now I have seen and testified that he is the Son of God.”
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
Alleluia –
CF. Psalms 85:8
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Show us Lord, your love; and grant us your salvation.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Gospel – Matthew 24:37-44
Jesus said to his disciples: “As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. In those days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day that Noah entered the ark. They did not know until the flood came and carried them all away. So will it be also at the coming of the Son of Man. Two men will be out in the field; one will be taken, and one will be left. Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken, and one will be left. Therefore, stay awake! For you do not know on which day your Lord will come. Be sure of this: if the master of the house had known the hour of night when the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and not let his house be broken into. So too, you also must be prepared, for at an hour you do not expect, the Son of Man will come.”
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
Nicene Creed
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he
suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Prayer of
the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our prayer, we ask you
Lord, listen to our prayer
OFFERTORY
HYMN
Christ
be our Light
1. Longing for light,
we wait in darkness.
Longing for truth, we turn to you.
Make us Your own, You holy people,
light for the world to see *
* Christ be our Light!
Shine in our hearts,
Shine through that darkness.
Christ, be our light! Shine in your Church
2. Longing for peace,
our world is troubled.
Longing for hope, many despair.
Your word alone, has power to save us.
Make us your living voice. *
3. Longing for food,
many are hungry
Longing for water, many still thirst.
Make us your bread, broken for others,
Shared until all are fed. *
4. Longing for shelter,
many are homeless.
Longing for warmth, many are cold.
Make us your building, sheltering others,
Walls made of living stone. *
5. Many the gifts, many
the people,
Many the heart, that yearn to belong
Let us be servant to one another,
Making your kingdom come. *
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
P✠: Pray, brethren
(brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the
almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the
praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy
Church.
P✠: The Lord be
with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
P✠: It is truly
right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
Sanctus
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
P✠: You are indeed
Holy, O Lord, the….
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his
Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his
disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
P✠: In a similar
way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks,
he gave it to his disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
P✠: The mystery of
faith.
All: When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup, we proclaim
your Death, O Lord, until you come again.
P✠: Therefore, as
we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
P✠: Through him,
and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: Deliver us,
Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by
the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all
distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus
Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours,
now and for ever.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look
not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her
peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and
ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Agnus Dei
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have
mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ,....
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes
away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
COMMUNION HYMN
God is Dwelling in My Heart
* God is dwelling in my heart He and I are one.
All His joy He gives to me through Christ His Son.
And with Jesus in my heart, what have I to fear?
For He is the Son of God, in my heart He is near
1. Christian who are baptised have you ever
realised;
The great mystery; God dwells in you and me. *
2. This joy God gave to you, share it, then
with others too.
Tell them that God is Love. Lift their hearts above. *
Here
I am, Lord
1. I, the Lord of sea
and sky,
I have heard my people cry.
All who dwell in dark and sin
My hand will save.
I who made the stars of night,
I will make their darkness bright.
Who will bear my light to them?
Whom shall I send? *
* Here I am, Lord. Is
it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.
2. I, the Lord of snow
and rain,
I have borne my people's pain.
I have wept for love of them.
They turn away.
I will break their hearts of stone,
Give them hearts for love alone.
I will speak my word to them.
Whom shall I send? *
3. I, the Lord of wind
and flame,
I will tend the poor and lame.
I will set a feast for them.
My hand will save.
Finest bread I will provide
Till their hearts be satisfied.
I will give my life to them.
Whom shall I send? *
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray. …..
…..
All: Amen.
P✠:
The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
RECESSIONAL HYMN
Spirit
Song
Oh let the Son of God
enfold you,
With His Spirit and His love,
Let Him fill your heart and satisfy your soul.
Oh let Him have the things that hold you,
And His Spirit like a dove.
Will descend upon your life and make you whole.
Jesus, Oh Jesus, come
and fill Your lambs.
Jesus, Oh Jesus, come and fill Your lambs.
Oh come and sing this
song with gladness.
As your hearts are filled with joy,
Lift your hands in sweet surrender to His name,
Oh give Him all your tears and sadness,
Give Him all your years of pain.
And you’ll enter into life in Jesus name.
Jesus, Oh Jesus, come
and fill Your lambs.
Jesus, Oh Jesus, come and fill Your lambs.
Oh let the Son of God
enfold you,
With His Spirit and His love
Let Him fill your heart and satisfy your soul.
Oh let Him have the things that hold you.
And His Spirit like a dove
will descend upon your life and make you whole.
Oh, He’ll descend upon your life and make you whole.
let your song be sung from mountains high
Sing a new song unto the Lord,
Singing alleluia.
O come before the Lord.
And play for him on glad tambourines,
And let your trumpet sound. *
your Saviour now has come.
He has turned your sorrow to joy,
and filled your soul with song. *
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
The LORD said to me: You are my servant, Israel, through whom I show my glory.
Now the LORD has spoken who formed me as his servant from the womb, that Jacob may be brought back to him and Israel gathered to him; and I am made glorious in the sight of the LORD, and my God is now my strength!
It is too little, the LORD says, for you to be my servant, to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and restore the survivors of Israel; I will make you a light to the nations, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
R. Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
R. Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
R. Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
I did not restrain my lips, as you, O Lord, know.
R. Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother, to the church of God that is in Corinth, to you who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be holy, with all those everywhere who call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
The Word of God became flesh and dwelt among us. To those who accepted him,
he gave power to become children of God.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
John the Baptist saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world. He is the one of whom I said, ‘A man is coming after me who ranks ahead of me because he existed before me.’ I did not know him, but the reason why I came baptizing with water was that he might be made known to Israel.” John testified further, saying, “I saw the Spirit come down like a dove from heaven and remain upon him. I did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘On whomever you see the Spirit come down and remain, he is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ Now I have seen and testified that he is the Son of God.”
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Show us Lord, your love; and grant us your salvation.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Gospel – Matthew 24:37-44
Jesus said to his disciples: “As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. In those days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day that Noah entered the ark. They did not know until the flood came and carried them all away. So will it be also at the coming of the Son of Man. Two men will be out in the field; one will be taken, and one will be left. Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken, and one will be left. Therefore, stay awake! For you do not know on which day your Lord will come. Be sure of this: if the master of the house had known the hour of night when the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and not let his house be broken into. So too, you also must be prepared, for at an hour you do not expect, the Son of Man will come.”
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
Longing for truth, we turn to you.
Make us Your own, You holy people,
light for the world to see *
Shine through that darkness.
Christ, be our light! Shine in your Church
Longing for hope, many despair.
Your word alone, has power to save us.
Make us your living voice. *
Longing for water, many still thirst.
Make us your bread, broken for others,
Shared until all are fed. *
Longing for warmth, many are cold.
Make us your building, sheltering others,
Walls made of living stone. *
Many the heart, that yearn to belong
Let us be servant to one another,
Making your kingdom come. *
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
All His joy He gives to me through Christ His Son.
And with Jesus in my heart, what have I to fear?
For He is the Son of God, in my heart He is near
The great mystery; God dwells in you and me. *
Tell them that God is Love. Lift their hearts above. *
I have heard my people cry.
All who dwell in dark and sin
My hand will save.
I who made the stars of night,
I will make their darkness bright.
Who will bear my light to them?
Whom shall I send? *
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.
I have borne my people's pain.
I have wept for love of them.
They turn away.
I will break their hearts of stone,
Give them hearts for love alone.
I will speak my word to them.
Whom shall I send? *
I will tend the poor and lame.
I will set a feast for them.
My hand will save.
Finest bread I will provide
Till their hearts be satisfied.
I will give my life to them.
Whom shall I send? *
P✠: Let us pray. …..
All: Amen.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
With His Spirit and His love,
Let Him fill your heart and satisfy your soul.
Oh let Him have the things that hold you,
And His Spirit like a dove.
Will descend upon your life and make you whole.
Jesus, Oh Jesus, come and fill Your lambs.
As your hearts are filled with joy,
Lift your hands in sweet surrender to His name,
Oh give Him all your tears and sadness,
Give Him all your years of pain.
And you’ll enter into life in Jesus name.
Jesus, Oh Jesus, come and fill Your lambs.
With His Spirit and His love
Let Him fill your heart and satisfy your soul.
Oh let Him have the things that hold you.
And His Spirit like a dove
will descend upon your life and make you whole.
Oh, He’ll descend upon your life and make you whole.
Comments
Post a Comment