CTK English Mass – 30th Sunday (23 Oct 2022)

CTK English Mass – 30th Sunday (23 Oct 2022)
 
 
ENTRANCE HYMN
 
I’m Justified
 
1. Most Holy Judge I stood before You guilty.
When You sent Jesus to the cross for my sin.
There Your love was revealed,
Your justice vindicated;
One sacrifice has paid the cost for all who trust in Jesus. *
 
* Now I’am justified, You declare me righteous;
Justified by the blood of the Lamb.
Justified freely by Your mercy,
By faith I stand and I’m justified.
 
I come to You and I can call You Father,
There is no fear, there is no shame before You.
For by Your gift of grace
Now I am one of Your children;
An heir with those who bear Your name
and share the hope of glory. *
 
 
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
 
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
 
 
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
 
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father. 
 
Lord Jesus Christ, Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father: you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us. You take away the sins of the world, receive our prayer. You are seated at the right hand of the Father, have mercy on us.
 
For you alone are the Holy One. You alone are the Lord. You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit in the glory of God the Father. Amen.
 
 
1st Reading – Sirach 35:15BC-17, 20-22AB
The LORD is a God of justice, who knows no favorites. Though not unduly partial toward the weak, yet he hears the cry of the oppressed. The Lord is not deaf to the wail of the orphan, nor to the widow when she pours out her complaint. The one who serves God willingly is heard; his petition reaches the heavens. The prayer of the lowly pierces the clouds; it does not rest till it reaches its goal, nor will it withdraw till the Most High responds, judges justly and affirms the right, and the Lord will not delay.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
Responsorial Psalm – Psalms 34:2-3, 17-18, 19, 23
R. The Lord hears the cry of the poor.
 
I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall be ever in my mouth. Let my soul glory in the LORD; the lowly will hear me and be glad.
R. The Lord hears the cry of the poor.
 
The LORD confronts the evildoers, to destroy remembrance of them from the earth.
When the just cry out, the Lord hears them,
and from all their distress he rescues them.
R. The Lord hears the cry of the poor.
 
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted;
and those who are crushed in spirit he saves.
The LORD redeems the lives of his servants;
no one incurs guilt who takes refuge in him.
R. The Lord hears the cry of the poor.
 
 
2nd Reading – 2 Timothy 4:6-8, 16-18
Beloved:
I am already being poured out like a libation, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have competed well; I have finished the race; I have kept the faith. From now on the crown of righteousness awaits me, which the Lord, the just judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me, but to all who have longed for his appearance. At my first defense no one appeared on my behalf, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them! But the Lord stood by me and gave me strength, so that through me the proclamation might be completed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was rescued from the lion’s mouth.
The Lord will rescue me from every evil threat and will bring me safe to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory forever and ever. Amen.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
Alleluia – 2 Corinthians 5:19
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, and entrusting to us the message of salvation.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
 
 
Gospel – Luke 18:9-14
Jesus addressed this parable to those who were convinced of their own righteousness and despised everyone else.
“Two people went up to the temple area to pray; one was a Pharisee and the other was a tax collector. The Pharisee took up his position and spoke this prayer to himself, ‘O God, I thank you that I am not like the rest of humanity — greedy, dishonest, adulterous — or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week, and I pay tithes on my whole income.’
But the tax collector stood off at a distance and would not even raise his eyes to heaven but beat his breast and prayed, ‘O God, be merciful to me a sinner.’  I tell you, the latter went home justified, not the former; for whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
 
 
Nicene Creed
 
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
 
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
 
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
 
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
 
 
Prayer of the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
 
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our prayer, we ask you Lord, listen to our prayer
 
 
OFFERTORY HYMN
 
Hear, O Lord
 
* Hear, O Lord, the sound of my call;
Hear, O Lord, and have mercy.
My soul is longing for the glory of you.
O hear, O Lord, and answer me.
 
1. Every night before I sleep
I pray my soul dot take,
Or else I pray that loneliness
Is gone when I awake. *
 
2. Why do I no longer feel
Like I’ve a place to stay?
O take me where someone will care,
So fear will go away. *
 
3. In you, O Lord, I place my cares
And all my troubles too.
O grant, dear Lord, that some day soon
I’ll live in peace with you. *
 
 
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
 
P✠: Pray, brethren (brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy Church. 
 
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
 
P✠: It is truly right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
 
 
Sanctus
 
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts. 
Heaven and earth are full of your glory. 
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord. 
Hosanna in the highest. 
 
P✠: You are indeed Holy, O Lord, the…. 
 
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying:
 
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
 
P✠: In a similar way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks, he gave it to his disciples, saying:
 
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
 
P✠: The mystery of faith.
All: When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup, we proclaim your Death, O Lord, until you come again.
 
P✠: Therefore, as we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
 
P✠: Through him, and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
 
 
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
 
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
 
P✠: Deliver us, Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, now and for ever.
 
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
 
 
Agnus Dei
 
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
 
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ,....
 
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
 
 
COMMUNION HYMN
 
On Eagle’s Wings
 
1. You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord
Who abide in His shadow for life
Say to the Lord, "My refuge, my rock in whom I trust!" *
* And He will raise you up on eagles' wings
Bear you on the breath of dawn
Make you to shine like the sun
And hold you in the palm of His hand
 
2. The snare of the fowler will never capture you
And famine will bring you no fear
Under His wings your refuge, His faithfulness your shield *
 
3. You need not fear the terror of the night
Nor the arrow that flies by day
Though thousands fall about you, near you it shall not come *
 
4. For to His angels He's given a command
To guard you in all of your ways
Upon their hands they will bear you up
Lest you dash your foot against a stone *
 
And hold you, hold you in the palm of His hand
 
 
He
 
1. He can turn the tides and calm the angry sea
He alone decides who writes a symphony
He lights every star that makes a darkness bright
He keeps watch all through each long and lonely night
 
He still finds the time to hear a child's first prayer
Saint or sinner call and always find Him there
Though it makes Him sad to see the way we live
He'll always say, I forgive
 
2. He can grant a wish or make a dream come true
He can paint the clouds and turn gray to blue
He alone is there to find a rainbow's end
He alone can see what lies beyond the bend
 
He can touch a tree and turn the leaves to gold
He knows every lie that you and I have told
Though it makes Him sad to see the way we live
He'll always say, I forgive
 
 
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray.  ….. 
….. 
All: Amen.
 
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
RECESSIONAL HYMN
 
We Will Rise Again
 
1. Like a shepherd I will feed you;
I will gather you with care.
I will lead you and hold you close to my heart. *
 
*We will run and not grow weary,
for our God will be our strength,
and we will fly like the eagle, we will rise again.
 
2. I am strength to the weary;
to the weak I am new life.
Though the young may grow weary,
I will be their hope.*
 
3. Lift up your eyes,
and see who made the stars.
I lead you, and I know you,
I call you each by name.*
 
4. Fear not, I am with you;
I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
uphold you with my hand.*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOOD FRIDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) 3 April 2026

HOLY THURSDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) (2 April 2026)

CTK English Mass - The Nativity of the Lord (24 Dec 2025)