CTK English Mass – 17th Sunday (24 July 2022)

CTK English Mass – 17th Sunday (24 July 2022)
 
 
ENTRANCE HYMN
 
Fill My House
 
1. Fill my house unto the fullest.
Eat my bread and drink my wine
The love I bear is held from no one.
All I have and all I do I give to you.
 
2. Take my time unto the fullest.
Find in me the trust you seek.
Take my hands to you outreaching.
All I have and all I do I give to you.
 
3. Christ our Lord, with love enormous,
from the cross this lesson taught.
Love all men as I have loved you.
All I have and all I do I give to you.
 
4. Join with me, as one in Christ love.
May our hearts al beat as one.
May we give ourselves completely
All I have and all I do I give to you.
 
 
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
 
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
 
 
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
 
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father. 
 
Lord Jesus Christ, Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father: you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us. You take away the sins of the world, receive our prayer. You are seated at the right hand of the Father, have mercy on us.
 
For you alone are the Holy One. You alone are the Lord. You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit in the glory of God the Father. Amen.
 
 
1st Reading – Genesis 18:20-32
In those days, the LORD said: “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great, and their sin so grave, that I must go down and see whether or not their actions fully correspond to the cry against them that comes to me. I mean to find out.” While Abraham’s visitors walked on farther toward Sodom, the LORD remained standing before Abraham. Then Abraham drew nearer and said: “Will you sweep away the innocent with the guilty?
Suppose there were fifty innocent people in the city; would you wipe out the place, rather than spare it for the sake of the fifty innocent people within it? Far be it from you to do such a thing, to make the innocent die with the guilty so that the innocent and the guilty would be treated alike! Should not the judge of all the world act with justice?”
The LORD replied, “If I find fifty innocent people in the city of Sodom, I will spare the whole place for their sake.” Abraham spoke up again: “See how I am presuming to speak to my Lord, though I am but dust and ashes! What if there are five less than fifty innocent people? Will you destroy the whole city because of those five?” He answered, “I will not destroy it, if I find forty-five there.”
But Abraham persisted, saying “What if only forty are found there?” He replied, “I will forbear doing it for the sake of the forty.”
Then Abraham said, “Let not my Lord grow impatient if I go on. What if only thirty are found there?” He replied, “I will forbear doing it if I can find but thirty there.”
Still, Abraham went on, “Since I have thus dared to speak to my Lord, what if there are no more than twenty?” The LORD answered, “I will not destroy it, for the sake of the twenty.”
But he still persisted: “Please, let not my Lord grow angry if I speak up this last time. What if there are at least ten there?” He replied, “For the sake of those ten, I will not destroy it.”
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
Responsorial Psalm – Psalms 138:1-2, 2-3, 6-7, 7-8
R. Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me.
 
I will give thanks to you, O LORD, with all my heart, for you have heard the words of my mouth; in the presence of the angels I will sing your praise; I will worship at your holy temple
and give thanks to your name.
R. Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me.
 
Because of your kindness and your truth;
for you have made great above all things
your name and your promise. When I called you answered me; you built up strength within me.
R. Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me.
 
The LORD is exalted, yet the lowly he sees,
and the proud he knows from afar. Though I walk amid distress, you preserve me;
against the anger of my enemies you raise your hand.
R. Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me.
 
Your right hand saves me. The LORD will complete what he has done for me;
your kindness, O LORD, endures forever;
forsake not the work of your hands.
R. Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me.
 
 
2nd Reading – Colossians 2:12-14
Brothers and sisters:
You were buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead. And even when you were dead in transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, he brought you to life along with him, having forgiven us all our transgressions;
obliterating the bond against us, with its legal claims, which was opposed to us, he also removed it from our midst, nailing it to the cross.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
Alleluia – Romans 8:15BC
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
You have received a Spirit of adoption, through which we cry, Abba, Father.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
 
 
Gospel – Luke 11:1-13
Jesus was praying in a certain place, and when he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray just as John taught his disciples.” He said to them, “When you pray, say: Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread and forgive us our sins for we ourselves forgive everyone in debt to us, and do not subject us to the final test.” And he said to them, “Suppose one of you has a friend to whom he goes at midnight and says, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves of bread, for a friend of mine has arrived at my house from a journey and I have nothing to offer him,’ and he says in reply from within, ‘Do not bother me; the door has already been locked and my children and I are already in bed. I cannot get up to give you anything.’ I tell you, if he does not get up to give the visitor the loaves because of their friendship, he will get up to give him whatever he needs because of his persistence. “And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. What father among you would hand his son a snake when he asks for a fish? Or hand him a scorpion when he asks for an egg? If you then, who are wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him?”
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
 
 
Nicene Creed
 
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
 
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
 
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
 
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
 
 
Prayer of the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
 
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our prayer, we ask you Lord, listen to our prayer
 
 
OFFERTORY HYMN
 
 
Give Thanks
 
Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks to the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son
 
Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks to the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son
 
And now let the weak say, "I am strong"
Let the poor say, "I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us"
 
And now let the weak say, "I am strong"
Let the poor say, "I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us"
 
Give Thanks, Give Thanks
 
 
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
 
P✠: Pray, brethren (brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy Church. 
 
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
 
P✠: It is truly right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
 
 
Sanctus
 
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts. 
Heaven and earth are full of your glory. 
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord. 
Hosanna in the highest. 
 
P✠: You are indeed Holy, O Lord, the…. 
 
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying:
 
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
 
P✠: In a similar way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks, he gave it to his disciples, saying:
 
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
 
P✠: The mystery of faith.
All: When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup, we proclaim your Death, O Lord, until you come again.
 
P✠: Therefore, as we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
 
P✠: Through him, and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
 
 
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
 
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
 
P✠: Deliver us, Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, now and for ever.
 
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
 
 
Agnus Dei
 
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
 
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ,....
 
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
 
 
COMMUNION HYMN
 
Ask, and You Will Receive
 
* Ask and you will receive, seek and you will find.
Knock and the door will be opened
For the love of the Lord has no end.
 
1. Is there any one here, when his son ask for bread,
Would turn him away with a stone instead?
Is there any one here, when his child asks for meat,
Would give him a poisonous snake to eat? *
 
2. So then how could your Father in heaven above,
Who knows so much more of the ways of love,
So then how could your Father refuse what is good,
When you ask in the name of the Son he loves? *
 
3. So whatever you ask you will always receive,
Whatever you seek you will always find.
For my Father will give to all those who believe,
In the Spirit of love that will never end. *
 
 
 
What are You Seeking?
 
1. What do you seek and where will you find,
Life that’s worth living, is it in our time,
Or are we a people O so blind.
Searching for something we cannot find. *
 
* What are you seeking and what will you find
Thrills for the moment, or real peace of mind?
Christ is the answer we now recommend.
But what are you seeking, my friend?
 
2. I’ve got something I want you to know
I’ve found a friend who loves me so,
A God who loves all men mighty and small;
He’s my Lord, He’s my friend, He’s my all. *
 
3. When this world lets me down in every way,
He’s always by my side each and everyday,
He’s there when I need Him for ever to stay.
For He shows me the rich life today. *
 
4. Yet there is something the world needs ot know;
There’s more to life than just come and go;
There’s a God to face on that very great day,
So be sure that you choose the right way. *
 
 
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray.  ….. 
….. 
All: Amen.
 
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
RECESSIONAL HYMN
 
Though the Mountains May Fall
 
* Though the mountains my fall
and the hills turn to dust,
yet the love of the Lord will stand
as a shelter for all who will call on his name
sing the praise and the glory of God
 
1. Could the Lord ever leave you?
Could the Lord forget His love?
Though a mother forsake her child,
He will not abandon you. *
 
2. Should you turn and forsake him,
He will gently call your name.
Should you wander away from Him,
He will always take you back. *
 
3. Go to Him when you’re weary;
He will give you eagle’s wings.
You will run, never tire,
For your God will be your strength *
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOOD FRIDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) 3 April 2026

HOLY THURSDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) (2 April 2026)

CTK English Mass - The Nativity of the Lord (24 Dec 2025)