CTK English Mass – 13th Sunday (26 Jun 2022)
CTK English Mass – 13th Sunday (26
Jun 2022)
ENTRANCE HYMN
Speak,
Lord
*Speak, Lord, I’m
listening,
Plant Your word down deep in me;
Speak, Lord, I’m listening
Please show me the way
1. Sometimes my heart
is slow to follow You,
Teach me to hear and understand,
And I’m told the things You promise,
And I hope they all come true,
And I know what waits for those who wait
And put their trust in You. *
2. Sometimes I stumble
on my way to You,
Stretch out again Your healing hand,
And I’m told the things You promise,
And I hope they all come true,
And I know what waits for those who wait
And put their trust in You. *
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and
sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I
have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my
fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask
blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and
sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Lord Jesus Christ, Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God,
Son of the Father: you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us. You
take away the sins of the world, receive our prayer. You are seated at the
right hand of the Father, have mercy on us.
For you alone are the Holy One. You alone are the Lord. You
alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit in the glory of God
the Father. Amen.
FIRST READING (Then Elisha left and
followed Elijah as his attendant.)
A reading from the first Book of Kings (19:16b, 19-21)
The Lord
said to Elijah: “You shall anoint Elisha, son of Shaphat of Abel-meholah, as
prophet to succeed you.”
Elijah set
out and came upon Elisha, son of Shaphat, as he was plowing with twelve yoke of
oxen; he was following the twelfth. Elijah went over to him and threw his cloak
over him. Elisha left the oxen, ran after Elijah, and said, “Please, let me
kiss my father and mother goodbye, and I will follow you.” Elijah answered, “Go
back! Have I done anything to you?” Elisha left him, and taking the yoke of
oxen, slaughtered them; he used the plowing equipment for fuel to boil their
flesh, and gave it to his people to eat. Then Elisha left and followed Elijah
as his attendant. —The Word of the Lord.
R. Thanks be to God.
RESPONSORIAL PSALM (16:1-2, 5, 7-8,
9-10, 11)
R. You are my inheritance, O
Lord. (Cf. Ps 16:5a)
Keep me, O
God, for in you I take refuge; I say to the Lord, “My Lord are you. O Lord, my
allotted portion and my cup, you it is who hold fast my lot.” (R)
I bless
the Lord who counsels me; even in the night my heart exhorts me. I set the Lord
ever before me; with him at my right hand I shall not be disturbed. (R)
Therefore
my heart is glad and my soul rejoices, my body, too, abides in confidence
because you will not abandon my soul to the netherworld, nor will you suffer
your faithful one to undergo corruption. (R)
You will
show me the path to life, fullness of joys in your presence, the delights at
your right hand forever. (R)
SECOND READING (You were called for
freedom.)
A reading from the Letter of Saint Paul to the Galatians (5:1, 13-18)
Brothers
and sisters: For freedom Christ set us free; so stand firm and do not submit
again to the yoke of slavery.
For you
were called for freedom, brothers and sisters. But do not use the freedom as an
opportunity for the flesh; rather, serve one another through love. For the
whole law is fulfilled in one statement, namely, You shall love your neighbor
as yourself. But if you go on biting and devouring one another, beware that you
are not consumed by one another.
I say,
then: live by the Spirit and you will certainly not gratify the desire of the
flesh. For the flesh has desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the
flesh; these are opposed to each other, so that you may not do what you want.
But if you are guided by the Spirit, you are not under the law. —The Word of
the Lord.
R. Thanks be to God.
GOSPEL ACCLAMATION (1 Sm 3:9; Jn
6:68c)
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Speak, Lord, your servant is listening; you have the words of everlasting life. (R)
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
GOSPEL (He resolutely determined to
journey to Jerusalem. I will follow you wherever you go.)
A reading from the holy Gospel according to Luke (9:51-62)
When the
days for Jesus’ being taken up were fulfilled, he resolutely determined to
journey to Jerusalem, and he sent messengers ahead of him. On the way they
entered a Samaritan village to prepare for his reception there, but they would
not welcome him because the destination of his journey was Jerusalem. When the
disciples James and John saw this they asked, “Lord, do you want us to call
down fire from heaven to consume them?” Jesus turned and rebuked them, and they
journeyed to another village.
As they
were proceeding on their journey someone said to Jesus, “I will follow you
wherever you go.” Jesus answered, “Foxes have dens and birds of the sky have
nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to rest his head.”
And to
another he said, “Follow me.” But he replied, “Lord, let me go first and bury
my father.” But he answered him, “Let the dead bury their dead. But you, go and
proclaim the kingdom of God.” And another said, “I will follow you, Lord, but
first let me say farewell to my family at home.” To him Jesus said, “No one who
sets a hand to the plow and looks to what was left behind is fit for the
kingdom of God.” —The Gospel of the Lord.
R. Praise to you, Lord Jesus Christ.
Nicene Creed
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he
suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Prayer of
the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our prayer, we ask you
Lord, listen to our prayer
OFFERTORY
HYMN
All
That We Have
* All that we have and
all that we offer
Comes from a heart both frightened and free.
Take what we bring now and give what we need;
All done in His name.
1. Some men rely on
their power;
Others put trust in their gold;
Some men have only their Saviour,
Whose faithfulness never grows old. *
2. Sometime the road
may be lonesome;
Often we may lose our way.
Take courage and always remember
Love isn’t just for a day. *
3. Sometimes when
troubles are many,
Life can seem empty, it’s true,
But look at the life of the Master,
Who lovingly suffered for you. *
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
P✠: Pray, brethren
(brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the
almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the
praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy
Church.
P✠: The Lord be
with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
P✠: It is truly
right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
Sanctus
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
P✠: You are indeed
Holy, O Lord, the….
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his
Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his
disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
P✠: In a similar
way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks,
he gave it to his disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
P✠: The mystery of
faith.
All: When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup, we proclaim
your Death, O Lord, until you come again.
P✠: Therefore, as
we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
P✠: Through him,
and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: Deliver us,
Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by
the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all
distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus
Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours,
now and for ever.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look
not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her
peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and
ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Agnus Dei
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have
mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
P✠: Lord Jesus
Christ,....
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes
away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
COMMUNION HYMN
Service
1. We are made for
service to care for each other,
we are made to love each sister and brother
with love that will last through sorrow and pain
a love that will never die with strain.
2. God sent His Son to
show us the way,
one who shared His love every minute of the day,
one who gave His life that we might live
and His Spirit to help us through the years.
3. Life can be so
lonely when no body cares;
Life can be so empty when no body shares;
but if we give ourselves both time and again
the happiness of Christ will be within.
Freely
Freely
1. God forgave my sin
in Jesus’ name,
I’ve been born again in Jesus’ name;
And in Jesus’ name I come to you
To share His love as He told me to; *
* He said, “Freely,
freely
You have received.
Freely, freely give;
Go in my name and because you belive,
Others will know that I live.
2. All power is given
in Jesus’ name,
In earth and heav’n in Jesus’ name;
And in Jesus’ name I come to you
To share His love as He told me to; *
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray. …..
…..
All: Amen.
P✠:
The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
RECESSIONAL HYMN
Here am I, Send Me
Plant Your word down deep in me;
Speak, Lord, I’m listening
Please show me the way
Teach me to hear and understand,
And I’m told the things You promise,
And I hope they all come true,
And I know what waits for those who wait
And put their trust in You. *
Stretch out again Your healing hand,
And I’m told the things You promise,
And I hope they all come true,
And I know what waits for those who wait
And put their trust in You. *
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
A reading from the first Book of Kings (19:16b, 19-21)
R. Thanks be to God.
A reading from the Letter of Saint Paul to the Galatians (5:1, 13-18)
R. Thanks be to God.
Speak, Lord, your servant is listening; you have the words of everlasting life. (R)
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
A reading from the holy Gospel according to Luke (9:51-62)
R. Praise to you, Lord Jesus Christ.
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
Comes from a heart both frightened and free.
Take what we bring now and give what we need;
All done in His name.
Others put trust in their gold;
Some men have only their Saviour,
Whose faithfulness never grows old. *
Often we may lose our way.
Take courage and always remember
Love isn’t just for a day. *
Life can seem empty, it’s true,
But look at the life of the Master,
Who lovingly suffered for you. *
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
we are made to love each sister and brother
with love that will last through sorrow and pain
a love that will never die with strain.
one who shared His love every minute of the day,
one who gave His life that we might live
and His Spirit to help us through the years.
Life can be so empty when no body shares;
but if we give ourselves both time and again
the happiness of Christ will be within.
I’ve been born again in Jesus’ name;
And in Jesus’ name I come to you
To share His love as He told me to; *
You have received.
Freely, freely give;
Go in my name and because you belive,
Others will know that I live.
In earth and heav’n in Jesus’ name;
And in Jesus’ name I come to you
To share His love as He told me to; *
P✠: Let us pray. …..
All: Amen.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
Here am I, send me.
Here am I, Lord, send me.
Unto Thee, willingly, yielded I come.
Show the path that I must walk, compel me then to go,
And if I stray, bring back the light of day,
For here am I, send me, I pray.
Here am I, Lord, send me.
Unto Thee, willingly, yielded I come.
Show the path that I must walk, compel me then to go,
And if I stray, bring back the light of day,
For here am I, send me, I pray.
Send me to be what's created in me
Formed in Your image I stand
Turn my weakness into Your power,
power to be at last all I'm able to be
Here am I, send me.
Here am I, Lord, send me.
Precious Holy Spirit, come, fill me anew.
Give me wisdom, send me strength,
Grant that I may be a mirror of Your never-ending love,
For here am I, send me, I pray.
Here am I, Lord, send me.
Precious Holy Spirit, come, fill me anew.
Give me wisdom, send me strength,
Grant that I may be a mirror of Your never-ending love,
For here am I, send me, I pray.
Comments
Post a Comment