CTK English Mass – 6th Easter Sunday (22 May 2022)

CTK English Mass – 6th Easter Sunday (22 May 2022)
 
 
ENTRANCE HYMN
 
All the Ends of the Earth
 
*All the ends of the earth, all you creatures of the sea,
lift up your eyes to the wonders of the Lord.
For the Lord of the earth, the Master of the sea,
has come with justice for the world.
 
1. Break into song at the deeds of the Lord,
the wonders God has done in every age. *
 
2. Heaven and earth shall rejoice in your might;
every heart, every nation call you Lord. *
 
3. The Lord has made salvation known,
faithful to the promises of old.
Let the ends of the earth, let the sea
and all it holds make music before our God! *
 
 
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
 
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
 
 
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
 
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father. 
 
Lord Jesus Christ, Only-begotten Son. Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father: you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us. You take away the sins of the world, receive our prayer. You are seated at the right hand of the Father, have mercy on us.
 
For you alone are the Holy One. You alone are the Lord. You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit in the glory of God the Father. Amen.
 
 
1st Reading – Acts 15:1-2, 22-29
Some who had come down from Judea were instructing the brothers, “Unless you are circumcised according to the Mosaic practice, you cannot be saved.” Because there arose no little dissension and debate by Paul and Barnabas with them, it was decided that Paul, Barnabas, and some of the others should go up to Jerusalem to the apostles and elders about this question.
 
The apostles and elders, in agreement with the whole church, decided to choose representatives and to send them to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas. The ones chosen were Judas, who was called Barsabbas, and Silas, leaders among the brothers. This is the letter delivered by them: “The apostles and the elders, your brothers, to the brothers in Antioch, Syria, and Cilicia of Gentile origin: greetings. Since we have heard that some of our number who went out without any mandate from us have upset you with their teachings and disturbed your peace of mind, we have with one accord decided to choose representatives and to send them to you along with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, who have dedicated their lives to the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. So we are sending Judas and Silas who will also convey this same message by word of mouth: ‘It is the decision of the Holy Spirit and of us not to place on you any burden beyond these necessities, namely, to abstain from meat sacrificed to idols, from blood, from meats of strangled animals, and from unlawful marriage. If you keep free of these, you will be doing what is right. Farewell.'”
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
Responsorial Psalm – Psalms 67:2-3, 5, 6, 8
R. O God, let all the nations praise you!
 
May God have pity on us and bless us;
may he let his face shine upon us.
So may your way be known upon earth;
among all nations, your salvation.
R. O God, let all the nations praise you!
 
May the nations be glad and exult
because you rule the peoples in equity;
the nations on the earth you guide.
R. O God, let all the nations praise you!
 
May the peoples praise you, O God;
may all the peoples praise you!
May God bless us, and may all the ends of the earth fear him!
R. O God, let all the nations praise you. 
 
 
2nd Reading – Revelation 21:10-14, 22-23
The angel took me in spirit to a great, high mountain and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God. It gleamed with the splendour of God. Its radiance was like that of a precious stone, like a jasper, clear as crystal.
 
It had a massive, high wall, with twelve gates where twelve angels were stationed and on which names were inscribed, the names of the twelve tribes of the Israelite. There were three gates facing east, three north, three south, and three west. The wall of the city had twelve courses of stones as its foundation, on which were inscribed the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. I saw no temple in the city for its temple is the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb. The city had no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gave it light, and its lamp was the Lamb.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
Alleluia – John 14:23
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Whoever loves me will keep my word, says the Lord, and my Father will love him and we will come to him.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
 
 
Gospel – John 14:23-29
Jesus said to his disciples: “Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him. Whoever does not love me does not keep my words, yet the word you hear is not mine but that of the Father who sent me. “I have told you this while I am with you. The Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything and remind you of all that I told you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give it to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.
 
You heard me tell you, ‘I am going away and I will come back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father; for the Father is greater than I. And now I have told you this before it happens, so that when it happens you may believe.”
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
 
 
Nicene Creed
 
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
 
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
 
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
 
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
 
 
Prayer of the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
 
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our prayer, we ask you Lord, listen to our prayer
 
OFFERTORY HYMN
 
All the Nations of the Earth
 
*All the nation of the earth
praise the Lord who brings to birth
the greatest star the smallest flower,
Alleluia
 
1. Let the heavens praise the Lord, Alleluia
Moon and stars, praise the Lord, Alleluia*
 
2. Snow capped mountains, praise the Lord, Alleluia
Rolling hills, praise the Lord, Alleluia*
 
3. Deep sea water, praise the Lord, Alleluia
Gentle rain, praise the Lord, Alleluia*
 
4. Roaring lion, praise the Lord, Alleluia
Singing birds, praise the Lord, Alleluia*
 
5. Kings and princes, praise the Lord, Alleluia
Young and old, praise the Lord, Alleluia*
 
 
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
 
P✠: Pray, brethren (brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy Church. 
 
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
 
P✠: It is truly right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
 
 
Sanctus
 
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts. 
Heaven and earth are full of your glory. 
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord. 
Hosanna in the highest. 
 
P✠: You are indeed Holy, O Lord, the…. 
 
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying:
 
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
 
P✠: In a similar way, when supper was ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks, he gave it to his disciples, saying:
 
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
 
P✠: The mystery of faith.
All: Save us, Save us, Savior of the world, for by your Cross and Resurrection you have set us free.
 
P✠: Therefore, as we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
 
P✠: Through him, and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
 
 
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
 
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
 
P✠: Deliver us, Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by the help of your mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all distress, as we await the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, now and for ever.
 
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her peace and unity in accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
 
 
Agnus Dei
 
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
 
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ,....
 
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
 
 
COMMUNION HYMN
 
 
Peace
 
*Peace I leave with you, my friends,
peace the world cannot give.
Peace I leave with you, my friends,
so that your joy be ever full.
 
1 The Father's love I came to give,
to be the hope for all who live.*
 
2 Take his gift and be at peace;
the Spirit of our love I bring.*
 
3 By this love which you should have,
all will know you are my friends.*
 
4 Take my words of life to heart,
and you will live with hope and joy.*
 
5 All I have I give to you;
I share with you the Father's love.*
 
6 I came so that you may have life,
and have it to the full.*
 
7 If you love me, keep my word,
and our home we'll make with you.*
 
 
In Love for Me
 
1. This is my body, broken for you,
Bringing you wholeness, making you free.
Take it and eat it.
And as you do, do it in love for Me.
 
2. This is my blood poured out for you,
Bringing forgiveness, making you free.
Take it and drink it,
And as you do, do it in love for Me.
 
3. Back to my Father soon I shall go
Do not forget me, then you will see
I am still with you, and you will know
you’re very close to me.
 
4. Filled with my Spirit, how you will grow
You are my branches, I am the tree
If you are faithful, others will know
you are alive in me.
 
5. Love one another, I have loved you
and I have shown you how to be free
serve one another, and when you do
do it in love for me.
 
 
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray.  ….. 
….. 
All: Amen.
 
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
RECESSIONAL HYMN
 
Be Not Afraid
 
1. You shall cross the barren dessert,
but you shall not die of thirst.
You shall wander far in safety
though you do not know the way.
You shall speak your words in foreign lands
and all will understand.
You shall se the face of God and live. *
 
* Be not afraid. I go before you always.
Come follow me, and I will give you rest.
 
2. If you pass through raging waters in the sea,
you shall not drown.
If you walk amid the burning flames,
you shall not be harmed.
If you stand before the power of hell
and death is at your side,
know that I am with you through it all. *
 
3. Blessed are your poor,
for the Kingdom shall be theirs
Blest are you that weep and mourn,
for one day you shall laugh.
And if wicked tongues insult and hate you all because of me,
Blessed, blessed are you! *
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOOD FRIDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) 3 April 2026

HOLY THURSDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) (2 April 2026)

CTK English Mass - The Nativity of the Lord (24 Dec 2025)