CTK English Mass – 4th Easter Sunday (9 May 2022)
CTK English Mass – 4th
Easter Sunday (9 May 2022)
ENTRANCE HYMN
All the
Ends of the Earth
*All the ends of the
earth, all you creatures of the sea,
lift up your eyes to the wonders of the Lord.
For the Lord of the earth, the Master of the sea,
has come with justice for the world.
1. Break into song at
the deeds of the Lord,
the wonders God has done in every age. *
2. Heaven and earth shall
rejoice in your might;
every heart, every nation call you Lord. *
3. The Lord has made
salvation known,
faithful to the promises of old.
Let the ends of the earth, let the sea
and all it holds make music before our God! *
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers and
sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I
have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast) through my
fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask
blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and
sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Gloria
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Lord Jesus Christ, Only-begotten Son. Lord God,
Lamb of God, Son of the Father: you take away the sins of the world, have mercy
on us. You take away the sins of the world, receive our prayer. You are seated
at the right hand of the Father, have mercy on us.
For you alone are the Holy One. You alone are
the Lord. You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit in
the glory of God the Father. Amen.
1st Reading – Acts 13:14, 43-52
Paul and Barnabas continued on from Perga and reached Antioch in Pisidia. On the sabbath they entered the synagogue and took their seats. Many Jews and worshipers who were converts to Judaism followed Paul and Barnabas, who spoke to them and urged them to remain faithful to the grace of God.
On the following sabbath almost the
whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord.
When the Jews saw the crowds, they
were filled with jealousy and with violent abuse contradicted what Paul said.
Both Paul and Barnabas spoke out
boldly and said, “It was necessary that the word of God be spoken to you first,
but since you reject it and condemn yourselves as unworthy of eternal life, we
now turn to the Gentiles.
For so the Lord has commanded us, I
have made you a light to the Gentiles, that you may be an instrument of
salvation to the ends of the earth.” The Gentiles were delighted when they
heard this and glorified the word of the Lord. All who were destined for
eternal life came to believe, and the word of the Lord continued to spread
through the whole region.
The Jews, however, incited the women
of prominence who were worshipers and the leading men of the city, stirred up a
persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them from their territory.
So they shook the dust from their
feet in protest against them, and went to Iconium. The disciples were filled
with joy and the Holy Spirit.
All: Thanks be to God.
Responsorial Psalm – Psalms 100:1-2,
3, 5
R. We are his people, the sheep of his flock.
Sing joyfully to the LORD, all you
lands; serve the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful song.
R. We are his people, the sheep of his flock.
Know that the LORD is God; he made
us, his we are; his people, the flock he tends.
R.We are his people, the sheep of his flock.
The LORD is good: his kindness
endures forever, and his faithfulness, to all generations.
R.We are his people, the sheep of his flock.
2nd Reading – Revelation 7:9, 14B-17
I, John, had a vision of a great multitude, which no one could count, from every nation, race, people, and tongue. They stood before the throne and before the Lamb, wearing white robes and holding palm branches in their hands.
Then one of the elders said to me,
“These are the ones who have survived the time of great distress; they have
washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
“For this reason they stand before
God’s throne and worship him day and night in his temple. The one who sits on
the throne will shelter them. They will not hunger or thirst anymore, nor will
the sun or any heat strike them. For the Lamb who is in the center of the
throne will shepherd them and lead them to springs of life-giving water, and
God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”
All: Thanks be to God.
Alleluia – John 10:14
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
I am the good shepherd, says the Lord;
I know my sheep, and mine know me.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Gospel – John 10:27-30
Jesus said:
“My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish. No one can take them out of my hand.
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can take them out of the Father’s hand. The Father and I are one.”
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
Nicene Creed
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he
suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Prayer of
the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our
prayer, we ask you Lord, listen to our prayer
OFFERTORY HYMN
His Sheep
Am I
In God's green pastures
feeding,by His cool waters lie,
Soft in the evening walk my Lord and I;
All the sheep of His pasture fare so wondrously fine,
His sheep am I.
Waters cool, (in the
valley) pastures green, (on the mountain)
In the evening walk my Lord and I;
Dark the night, (in the valley,) rough the way, (on the mountain,)
Step by step, (step by step,) my Lord and I.
Preparation of the Altar and the Gifts
P✠: Pray, brethren (brothers and sisters), that my sacrifice
and yours be acceptable to God, the almighty Father.
All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands for the
praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his holy Church.
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
P✠: It is truly right and just,.... , as with one voice we acclaim:
Sanctus
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
P✠: You are indeed Holy, O Lord, the….
At the time he was betrayed and entered willingly into his
Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it, and gave it to his
disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
P✠: In a similar way, when supper was ended, he took the
chalice and, once more giving thanks, he gave it to his disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
P✠: The mystery of faith.
All: Save us, Save us, Savior of the world, for by your
Cross and Resurrection you have set us free.
P✠: Therefore, as we celebrate the memorial of his Death and
Resurrection,.....
P✠: Through him, and with him, and in him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: Deliver us, Lord, we pray, from every evil, graciously
grant peace in our days, that, by the help of your mercy, we may be always free
from sin and safe from all distress, as we await the blessed hope and the
coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours,
now and for ever.
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your Apostles: Peace I
leave you, my peace I give you, look not on our sins, but on the faith of your
Church, and graciously grant her peace and unity in accordance with your will.
Who live and reign for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Agnus Dei
All: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have
mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ,....
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who takes
away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
COMMUNION HYMN
Like a Shepherd
*Like a shepherd
he feeds his flock
and gathers the lambs in his arms,
holding them carefully close to his heart,
leading them home.
1.
Say to the cities of Judah:
Prepare the way
of the Lord.
Go to the mountaintop, lift your voice:
Jerusalem, here is your God. *
2. I myself will shepherd them,
for others have
led them astray.
The lost I will rescue and heal their wounds
and pasture them, giving them rest. *
3. Come unto me if you are heavily burdened,
and take my yoke
upon your shoulders.
I will give you rest.*
Easter Song
1. My Lord, He died for a Kingdom
To redeem the hearts of men.
Now my people don’t you weep,
He has risen from His sleep.
He lives again, alleluia. *
* Sing alleluia! The Lord is risen,
He is risen indeed, alleluia!
2. My Lord came forth like the morning
With the splendour of the sun,
Came triumphant from the womb,
From the darkness of the tomb,
The victory won, alleluia. *
3. My Lord united our mountains
With the everlasting hills.
Now the seasons and the sea
Sing his song of victory,
The rocks and rills, alleluia. *
4. My Lord renewed all creation
That had waited late and long.
Now we all with one accord,
Live and love the risen Lord.
This is our song, alleluia! *
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray. …..
…..
All: Amen.
P✠: The Lord be with
you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
RECESSIONAL HYMN
We Will
Rise Again
1. Like a shepherd I
will feed you;
I will gather you with care.
I will lead you and hold you close to my heart. *
*We will run and not
grow weary,
for our God will be our strength,
and we will fly like the eagle, we will rise again.
2. I am strength to the
weary;
to the weak I am new life.
Though the young may grow weary,
I will be their hope.*
3. Lift up your eyes,
and see who made the stars.
I lead you, and I know you,
I call you each by name.*
4. Fear not, I am with
you;
I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
uphold you with my hand.*
lift up your eyes to the wonders of the Lord.
For the Lord of the earth, the Master of the sea,
has come with justice for the world.
the wonders God has done in every age. *
every heart, every nation call you Lord. *
faithful to the promises of old.
Let the ends of the earth, let the sea
and all it holds make music before our God! *
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise You. We bless You. We adore you. We glorify You. We give You thanks for Your great glory. Lord God, heavenly King, O God almighty Father.
Paul and Barnabas continued on from Perga and reached Antioch in Pisidia. On the sabbath they entered the synagogue and took their seats. Many Jews and worshipers who were converts to Judaism followed Paul and Barnabas, who spoke to them and urged them to remain faithful to the grace of God.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. We are his people, the sheep of his flock.
R. We are his people, the sheep of his flock.
R.We are his people, the sheep of his flock.
R.We are his people, the sheep of his flock.
I, John, had a vision of a great multitude, which no one could count, from every nation, race, people, and tongue. They stood before the throne and before the Lamb, wearing white robes and holding palm branches in their hands.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
I am the good shepherd, says the Lord;
I know my sheep, and mine know me.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Jesus said:
“My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish. No one can take them out of my hand.
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can take them out of the Father’s hand. The Father and I are one.”
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
Soft in the evening walk my Lord and I;
All the sheep of His pasture fare so wondrously fine,
His sheep am I.
In the evening walk my Lord and I;
Dark the night, (in the valley,) rough the way, (on the mountain,)
Step by step, (step by step,) my Lord and I.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
and gathers the lambs in his arms,
holding them carefully close to his heart,
leading them home.
Go to the mountaintop, lift your voice:
Jerusalem, here is your God. *
2. I myself will shepherd them,
The lost I will rescue and heal their wounds
and pasture them, giving them rest. *
3. Come unto me if you are heavily burdened,
I will give you rest.*
To redeem the hearts of men.
Now my people don’t you weep,
He has risen from His sleep.
He lives again, alleluia. *
He is risen indeed, alleluia!
With the splendour of the sun,
Came triumphant from the womb,
From the darkness of the tomb,
The victory won, alleluia. *
With the everlasting hills.
Now the seasons and the sea
Sing his song of victory,
The rocks and rills, alleluia. *
That had waited late and long.
Now we all with one accord,
Live and love the risen Lord.
This is our song, alleluia! *
P✠: Let us pray. …..
All: Amen.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
I will gather you with care.
I will lead you and hold you close to my heart. *
for our God will be our strength,
and we will fly like the eagle, we will rise again.
to the weak I am new life.
Though the young may grow weary,
I will be their hope.*
and see who made the stars.
I lead you, and I know you,
I call you each by name.*
I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
uphold you with my hand.*
Comments
Post a Comment