CTK English Mass – THIRD ADVENT SUNDAY (12 Dec 2021)
CTK
English Mass – THIRD ADVENT SUNDAY (12 Dec 2021)
ENTRANCE
HYMN
Sion,
Lift Your Joyful Voice and Sing
1. Sion, lift your
joyful voice and sing;
Praise your Saviour, Christ, your holy King.
Praise with hymns your Shepherd true.
* Now let you abound,
Songs of praise resound,
As we honour Chirst in glory crowned,
With our mind and heart rejoicing:
Christ has conquered, Christ is reigning,
Christ is King and Lord of lords.
Christ has conquered, Christ is reigning,
Christ is King and Lord of lords.
2. Bread of life come
down from heaven
to us pilgrims now is given:
Christ himself becomes our food. *
3. O good Shepherd,
come, defend us.
In your mercy now befriend us.
Lead your flock to perfect day.
Sign of the cross
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen.
Greeting
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
All: And with your spirit.
Penitential Act
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
All: I confess to almighty God and to you, my brothers
and sisters, that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in
what I have done and in what I have failed to do, (striking their breast)
through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I
ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints, and you, my brothers
and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
P✠: May almighty God have mercy on us,
forgive us our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
All: Amen.
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
1st Reading – Zephaniah 3:14-18A
Shout for joy, O daughter Zion! Sing joyfully, O Israel! Be glad and exult with all your heart, O daughter Jerusalem!
The LORD has removed the judgment against you he has turned away your enemies; the King of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst, you have no further misfortune to fear.
On that day, it shall be said to Jerusalem: Fear not, O Zion, be not discouraged!
The LORD, your God, is in your midst, a mighty savior; he will rejoice over you with gladness, and renew you in his love, he will sing joyfully because of you, as one sings at festivals.
All: Thanks be to God.
Responsorial Psalm – Isaiah 12:2-3,
4, 5-6.
R. Cry out with joy and gladness: for among you is the great and Holy One of Israel.
God indeed is my savior; I am
confident and unafraid. My strength and my courage is the Lord, and he has been
my savior. With joy you will draw water at the fountain of salvation.
R. Cry out with joy and gladness: for among you is the great and Holy One of Israel.
Give thanks to the LORD, acclaim his
name;
among the nations make known his deeds,
proclaim how exalted is his name.
R. Cry out with joy and gladness: for among you is the great and Holy One of Israel.
Sing praise to the LORD for his
glorious achievement; let this be known throughout all the earth. Shout with
exultation, O city of Zion,
for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel!
R. Cry out with joy and gladness: for among you is the great and Holy One of Israel.
2nd Reading – Philippians 4:4-7
Brothers and sisters:
Rejoice in the Lord always. I shall say it again: rejoice! Your kindness should be known to all. The Lord is near. Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
All: Thanks be to God.
Alleluia – Isaiah 61:1 (Cited In
Luke 4:18)
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring glad tidings to the poor.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Gospel – Luke 3:10-18
The crowds asked John the Baptist, “What should we do?”
He said to them in reply, “Whoever has two cloaks should share with the person who has none. And whoever has food should do likewise.” Even tax collectors came to be baptized and they said to him, “Teacher, what should we do?”
He answered them, “Stop collecting more than what is prescribed.”
Soldiers also asked him, “And what is it that we should do?” He told them,
“Do not practice extortion, do not falsely accuse anyone, and be satisfied with your wages.” Now the people were filled with expectation, and all were asking in their hearts whether John might be the Christ.
John answered them all, saying, “I am baptizing you with water, but one mightier than I is coming. I am not worthy to loosen the thongs of his sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
His winnowing fan is in his hand to clear his threshing floor and to gather the wheat into his barn, but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire.”
Exhorting them in many other ways, he preached good news to the people.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
Nicene Creed
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under
Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the
Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Prayer of
the Faithful
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
All: We ask you Lord, listen to our
prayer, we ask you Lord, listen to our prayer
OFFERTORY
HYMN
Rejoice
in the Lord Always
Rejoice in the Lord
always,
and again I say rejoice.
Rejoice in the Lord always,
and again I say rejoice.
Rejoice, rejoice, and
again I say rejoice.
Rejoice, rejoice, and again I say rejoice.
P✠: Pray, brethren (brothers and
sisters), that my sacrifice and yours be acceptable to God, the almighty
Father.
All: May the Lord accept the
sacrifice at your hands for the praise and glory of his name, for our good and
the good of all his holy Church.
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
All: We lift them up to the Lord.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
All: It is right and just.
P✠: It is truly right and just,.... ,
as with one voice we acclaim:
Sanctus
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of
hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
P✠: You are indeed Holy, O Lord,
the….
At the time he was betrayed and
entered willingly into his Passion, he took bread and, giving thanks, broke it,
and gave it to his disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND EAT OF
IT,
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
P✠: In a similar way, when supper was
ended, he took the chalice and, once more giving thanks, he gave it to his
disciples, saying:
TAKE THIS, ALL OF YOU, AND DRINK
FROM IT,
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
P✠: The mystery of faith.
All: When we eat this Bread, and
drink this Cup, we proclaim your Death, O Lord, until you come again.
P✠: Therefore, as we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
P✠: Through him, and with him, and in
him,
O God, almighty Father,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
Lord’s Prayer
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
All: Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: Deliver us, Lord, we pray, from
every evil, graciously grant peace in our days, that, by the help of your
mercy, we may be always free from sin and safe from all distress, as we await
the blessed hope and the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and
the glory are yours, now and for ever.
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ, who said to
your Apostles: Peace I leave you, my peace I give you, look not on our sins,
but on the faith of your Church, and graciously grant her peace and unity in
accordance with your will. Who live and reign for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Agnus Dei
All: Lamb of God, you take away the
sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
P✠: Lord Jesus Christ,....
P✠: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him
who takes away the sins of the world. Blessed are those called to the supper of
the Lamb.
All: Lord, I am not worthy that you
should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
COMMUNION
HYMN
You Are Near
* Oh Lord, I know you are near,
Standing always at my side,
You guard me from the foe,
And you lead me in ways ever lasting.
1. Lord, you have search my heart,
and you know when I sit and when I stand;
Your hand is upon me, protecting me from death,
keeping me from harm. *
2. Where can I run from Your love?
If I climb to the heavens you are there;
If I fly to the sunrise or sail beyond the sea,
still I’d find You there. *
3. You know my heart and its ways,
You who formed me before I was born,
In the secret of darkness before I saw the sun,
In my mother’s womb. *
4. Marvellous to me are Your works;
How profound are your thoughts, my Lord.
Even if I could count them, they number as the stars;
You would still be there. *
A Voice
Cries Out
1. Console my people,
the ones dear to me,
speak to the heart of Jerusalem,
the time of your mourning is ended now,
the Lord of life will come. *
* A voice cries out in
the wilderness:
"Prepare a way for the Lord!"
A voice cries out in the wilderness:
"Make straight a highway for God!"
2. Ev'ry valley is made
a plain,
ev'ry mountain is levelled
the glory of God shall then be revealed,
and the nations will sing in praise. *
3. The Lord will
appears as a shepherd,
Holding His lambs in his arms,
Keeping His so close His heart,
Leading them all, old and young. *
Prayer After Communion
P✠: Let us pray. …..
All: Amen.
P✠: The Lord be with you.
All: And with your spirit.
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
All: Amen
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
All: Thanks be to God.
RECESSIONAL
HYMN
Go Tell
Everyone
1. God's spirit is in
my heart
He has called me and set me apart
This is what I have to do
What I have to do *
* He sent me to give
good news to the poor
Tell prisoners that they are prisoners no more
Tell blind people that they can see,
And set the downtrodden free
And go tell everyone
The news that the kingdom of God has come
And go tell everyone
The news that God’s Kingdom has come
2. Just as the Father
sent me
So I'm sending out to be
My witnesses throughout the world
The whole of the world *
3. Don’t’ carry a load
in your pack,
You don’t need two shirts on your back.
A workman can earn his own keep,
Can earn his own keep. *
4. Don't worry what You
have to say
Don't worry because on that day
God's spirit will speak in your heart
Will speak in your heart *
Praise your Saviour, Christ, your holy King.
Praise with hymns your Shepherd true.
As we honour Chirst in glory crowned,
With our mind and heart rejoicing:
Christ has conquered, Christ is reigning,
Christ is King and Lord of lords.
Christ has conquered, Christ is reigning,
Christ is King and Lord of lords.
to us pilgrims now is given:
Christ himself becomes our food. *
In your mercy now befriend us.
Lead your flock to perfect day.
Priest ✠ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
P✠: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
P✠: Brethren (brothers and sisters), let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
Kyrie Eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Christe eleison, Christe eleison, Christe eleison, eleison
Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, Kyrie eleison, eleison
Shout for joy, O daughter Zion! Sing joyfully, O Israel! Be glad and exult with all your heart, O daughter Jerusalem!
The LORD has removed the judgment against you he has turned away your enemies; the King of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst, you have no further misfortune to fear.
On that day, it shall be said to Jerusalem: Fear not, O Zion, be not discouraged!
The LORD, your God, is in your midst, a mighty savior; he will rejoice over you with gladness, and renew you in his love, he will sing joyfully because of you, as one sings at festivals.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. Cry out with joy and gladness: for among you is the great and Holy One of Israel.
R. Cry out with joy and gladness: for among you is the great and Holy One of Israel.
among the nations make known his deeds,
proclaim how exalted is his name.
R. Cry out with joy and gladness: for among you is the great and Holy One of Israel.
for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel!
R. Cry out with joy and gladness: for among you is the great and Holy One of Israel.
Brothers and sisters:
Rejoice in the Lord always. I shall say it again: rejoice! Your kindness should be known to all. The Lord is near. Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring glad tidings to the poor.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
The crowds asked John the Baptist, “What should we do?”
He said to them in reply, “Whoever has two cloaks should share with the person who has none. And whoever has food should do likewise.” Even tax collectors came to be baptized and they said to him, “Teacher, what should we do?”
He answered them, “Stop collecting more than what is prescribed.”
Soldiers also asked him, “And what is it that we should do?” He told them,
“Do not practice extortion, do not falsely accuse anyone, and be satisfied with your wages.” Now the people were filled with expectation, and all were asking in their hearts whether John might be the Christ.
John answered them all, saying, “I am baptizing you with water, but one mightier than I is coming. I am not worthy to loosen the thongs of his sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
His winnowing fan is in his hand to clear his threshing floor and to gather the wheat into his barn, but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire.”
Exhorting them in many other ways, he preached good news to the people.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
P✠: Let us pray to the Lord.
and again I say rejoice.
Rejoice in the Lord always,
and again I say rejoice.
Rejoice, rejoice, and again I say rejoice.
P✠: Lift up your hearts.
P✠: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
FOR THIS IS MY BODY,
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU.
FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD,
THE BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL COVENANT, WHICH WILL BE POURED OUT FOR YOU AND FOR MANY
FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME.
P✠: Therefore, as we celebrate the memorial of his Death and Resurrection,.....
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.
All: Amen.
P✠: At the Savior’s command and formed by divine teaching, we dare to say:
on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
P✠: The peace of the Lord be with you always.
P✠: Let us offer each other the sign of peace.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace.
Standing always at my side,
You guard me from the foe,
And you lead me in ways ever lasting.
and you know when I sit and when I stand;
Your hand is upon me, protecting me from death,
keeping me from harm. *
If I climb to the heavens you are there;
If I fly to the sunrise or sail beyond the sea,
still I’d find You there. *
You who formed me before I was born,
In the secret of darkness before I saw the sun,
In my mother’s womb. *
How profound are your thoughts, my Lord.
Even if I could count them, they number as the stars;
You would still be there. *
speak to the heart of Jerusalem,
the time of your mourning is ended now,
the Lord of life will come. *
"Prepare a way for the Lord!"
A voice cries out in the wilderness:
"Make straight a highway for God!"
ev'ry mountain is levelled
the glory of God shall then be revealed,
and the nations will sing in praise. *
Holding His lambs in his arms,
Keeping His so close His heart,
Leading them all, old and young. *
P✠: Let us pray. …..
P✠: May almighty God bless you, ✠ the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
P✠: Go forth, the Mass is ended.
He has called me and set me apart
This is what I have to do
What I have to do *
Tell prisoners that they are prisoners no more
Tell blind people that they can see,
And set the downtrodden free
And go tell everyone
The news that the kingdom of God has come
And go tell everyone
The news that God’s Kingdom has come
So I'm sending out to be
My witnesses throughout the world
The whole of the world *
You don’t need two shirts on your back.
A workman can earn his own keep,
Can earn his own keep. *
Don't worry because on that day
God's spirit will speak in your heart
Will speak in your heart *
Comments
Post a Comment