CTK English Mass – 32nd Sunday Ordinary Time (7 Nov 2021)
CTK English Mass – 32nd
Sunday Ordinary Time (7 Nov 2021)
ENTRANCE HYMN
Praise
the Lord, My Soul
1. Praise the Lord, my
soul,
Let fire and rain give praise to Him;
Give praise to Him, who is merciful, slow to judge;
bless the Lord, O my soul.
2. Bless the Lord, my
soul,
Let all I am give praise to Him;
And not forget He is kind, He forgives our sins
bless the Lord, O my soul.
3. Merciful and kind,
He knows that man is made of dust;
And like the flowers that flourish, he soon must die;
bless the Lord, O my soul.
4. Glory to our God,
Let all that is give praise to Hi;
Give praise to Him, all you creatures who live His love;
bless the Lord, O my soul.
1st
Reading – 1 Kings 17:10-16
In those days, Elijah the prophet went to Zarephath.
As he arrived at the entrance of the city, a widow was gathering sticks there;
he called out to her, “Please bring me a small cupful of water to drink.” She
left to get it, and he called out after her, “Please bring along a bit of
bread.” She answered, “As the LORD, your God, lives, I have nothing baked;
there is only a handful of flour in my jar and a little oil in my jug. Just now
I was collecting a couple of sticks, to go in and prepare something for myself
and my son; when we have eaten it, we shall die.” Elijah said to her, “Do not
be afraid. Go and do as you propose. But first make me a little cake and bring
it to me. Then you can prepare something for yourself and your son.
For the LORD, the God of Israel, says, ‘The jar of
flour shall not go empty, nor the jug of oil run dry, until the day when the
LORD sends rain upon the earth.'” She left and did as Elijah had said. She was
able to eat for a year, and he and her son as well; the jar of flour did not go
empty, nor the jug of oil run dry, as the LORD had foretold through Elijah.
All: Thanks be to God.
Responsorial
Psalm – Psalms 146:7, 8-9, 9-10
R.
Praise the Lord, my soul!
The LORD keeps faith forever, secures justice for
the oppressed, gives food to the hungry.
The LORD sets captives free.
R. Praise the Lord, my soul!
The LORD gives sight to the blind. The LORD raises
up those who were bowed down;
the LORD loves the just. The LORD protects strangers.
R. Praise the Lord, my soul!
The fatherless and the widow he sustains,
but the way of the wicked he thwarts. The LORD shall reign forever; your God, O Zion, through all generations. Alleluia.
R. Praise the Lord, my soul!
2nd
Reading – Hebrews 9:24-28
Christ did not enter into a sanctuary made by hands,
a copy of the true one, but heaven itself, that he might now appear before God
on our behalf. Not that he might offer himself repeatedly, as the high priest
enters each year into the sanctuary with blood that is not his own; if that
were so, he would have had to suffer repeatedly from the foundation of the
world. But now once for all he has appeared at the end of the ages to take away
sin by his sacrifice. Just as it is appointed that human beings die once, and
after this the judgment,
so also Christ, offered once to take away the sins
of many, will appear a second time, not to take away sin but to bring salvation
to those who eagerly await him.
All: Thanks be to God.
Alleluia
– Mark 5:3
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Gospel
– Mark 12:38-44
In the course of his teaching Jesus said to the
crowds, “Beware of the scribes, who like to go around in long robes and accept
greetings in the marketplaces, seats of honor in synagogues, and places of
honor at banquets.
They devour the houses of widows and, as a pretext
recite lengthy prayers. They will receive a very severe condemnation.” He sat
down opposite the treasury and observed how the crowd put money into the
treasury. Many rich people put in large sums. A poor widow also came and put in
two small coins worth a few cents. Calling his disciples to himself, he said to
them, “Amen, I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all the other
contributors to the treasury. For they have all contributed from their surplus
wealth, but she, from her poverty, has contributed all she had, her whole
livelihood.”
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
OFFERTORY HYMN
The
Lord is My Light
* The Lord is my light
and my salvation,
of whom should I be afraid,
of whom should I be afraid,
1.
The Lord is my light and my help;
whom should I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life;
before whom should I shrink? *
2. There is one thing I
ask of the Lord;
For this I long;
To live in the house of the Lord
All the days of my life. *
3. I believe I shall
see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living
Hope in God, and take heart,
Hope in the Lord. *
COMMUNION HYMN
Blest
Are They (music only)
1. Blest are they, the
poor in spirit,
Theirs is the kingdom of God.
Blest are they full of sorrow,
They shall be consoled. *
* Rejoice! And be glad!
Blessed are you, holy are you,
Rejoice! And be glad! Yours the kingdom of God!
2. Blest are they, the
lowly ones,
They shall inherit the earth.
Blest are they who hunger and thirst;
They shall have their fill. *
3. Blest are they who
show mercy,
Mercy shall be theirs.
Blest are they, the pure of heart,
They shall see God! *
He’s
Everything to Me (music only)
In the stars His
handiwork I see,
On the wind He speaks with majesty,
Though He ruleth over land and sea,
What is that to me?
I will celebrate
Nativity,
For it has a place in history.
Sure He came to set His people free.
What is that to me?
Till by faith I met Him
face to face
And I felt the wonder of His grace.
Then I knew that He was more than
Just a God who didn’t care,
That lived a way out there,
And now He walks beside me day by day
Every watching over me lest I stray,
Helping me to find the narrow way, He’s everything to me
RECESSIONAL HYMN
Be
Not Afraid
1. You shall cross the
barren dessert,
but you shall not die of thirst.
You shall wander far in safety
though you do not know the way.
You shall speak your words in foreign lands
and all will understand.
You shall se the face of God and live. *
* Be not afraid. I go
before you always.
Come follow me, and I will give you rest.
2. If you pass through
raging waters in the sea,
you shall not drown.
If you walk amid the burning flames,
you shall not be harmed.
If you stand before the power of hell
and death is at your side,
know that I am with you through it all. *
3. Blessed are your
poor,
for the Kingdom shall be theirs
Blest are you that weep and mourn,
for one day you shall laugh.
And if wicked tongues insult and hate you all because of me,
Blessed, blessed are you! *
ENTRANCE HYMN
Let fire and rain give praise to Him;
Give praise to Him, who is merciful, slow to judge;
bless the Lord, O my soul.
Let all I am give praise to Him;
And not forget He is kind, He forgives our sins
bless the Lord, O my soul.
He knows that man is made of dust;
And like the flowers that flourish, he soon must die;
bless the Lord, O my soul.
Let all that is give praise to Hi;
Give praise to Him, all you creatures who live His love;
bless the Lord, O my soul.
All: Thanks be to God.
The LORD sets captives free.
R. Praise the Lord, my soul!
the LORD loves the just. The LORD protects strangers.
R. Praise the Lord, my soul!
but the way of the wicked he thwarts. The LORD shall reign forever; your God, O Zion, through all generations. Alleluia.
R. Praise the Lord, my soul!
All: Thanks be to God.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
of whom should I be afraid,
of whom should I be afraid,
The Lord is the stronghold of my life;
before whom should I shrink? *
For this I long;
To live in the house of the Lord
All the days of my life. *
In the land of the living
Hope in God, and take heart,
Hope in the Lord. *
Theirs is the kingdom of God.
Blest are they full of sorrow,
They shall be consoled. *
Blessed are you, holy are you,
Rejoice! And be glad! Yours the kingdom of God!
They shall inherit the earth.
Blest are they who hunger and thirst;
They shall have their fill. *
Mercy shall be theirs.
Blest are they, the pure of heart,
They shall see God! *
On the wind He speaks with majesty,
Though He ruleth over land and sea,
What is that to me?
For it has a place in history.
Sure He came to set His people free.
What is that to me?
And I felt the wonder of His grace.
Then I knew that He was more than
Just a God who didn’t care,
That lived a way out there,
And now He walks beside me day by day
Every watching over me lest I stray,
Helping me to find the narrow way, He’s everything to me
but you shall not die of thirst.
You shall wander far in safety
though you do not know the way.
You shall speak your words in foreign lands
and all will understand.
You shall se the face of God and live. *
Come follow me, and I will give you rest.
you shall not drown.
If you walk amid the burning flames,
you shall not be harmed.
If you stand before the power of hell
and death is at your side,
know that I am with you through it all. *
for the Kingdom shall be theirs
Blest are you that weep and mourn,
for one day you shall laugh.
And if wicked tongues insult and hate you all because of me,
Blessed, blessed are you! *
Comments
Post a Comment