CTK English Mass – 31st Sunday Ordinary Time (31 Oct 2021)
CTK English Mass – 31st
Sunday Ordinary Time (31 Oct 2021)
ENTRANCE HYMN
All
Hail, King Jesus
All hail King Jesus,
all hail Emmanuel.
King of kings, Lord of Lords
Bright morning star
And through out eternity I'll sing your praises
And I'll reign with You throughout eternity
1st Reading – Deuteronomy 6:2-6
Moses spoke to the people, saying:
“Fear the LORD, your God, and keep, throughout the days of your lives, all his statutes and commandments which I enjoin on you, and thus have long life. Hear then, Israel, and be careful to observe them, that you may grow and prosper the more, in keeping with the promise of the LORD, the God of your fathers, to give you a land flowing with milk and honey. “Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD alone! Therefore, you shall love the LORD, your God, with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength.
Take to heart these words which I enjoin on you
today.”
All: Thanks be to God.
Responsorial Psalm – Psalms 18:2-3, 3-4, 47, 51
R. I love you, Lord, my strength.
I love you, O LORD, my strength, O LORD, my rock, my
fortress, my deliverer.
R. I love you, Lord, my strength.
My God, my rock of refuge, my shield, the horn of my
salvation, my stronghold! Praised be the LORD, I exclaim, and I am safe from my
enemies.
R. I love you, Lord, my strength.
The LORD lives! And blessed be my rock!
Extolled be God my savior. You who gave great victories to your king and showed kindness to your anointed.
R. I love you, Lord, my strength.
2nd Reading – Hebrews 7:23-28
Brothers and sisters:
The levitical priests were many because they were
prevented by death from remaining in office, but Jesus, because he remains
forever, has a priesthood that does not pass away.
Therefore, he is always able to save those who
approach God through him, since he lives forever to make intercession for them.
It was fitting that we should have such a high priest: holy, innocent,
undefiled, separated from sinners, higher than the heavens. He has no need, as
did the high priests, to offer sacrifice day after day, first for his own sins
and then for those of the people; he did that once for all when he offered
himself. For the law appoints men subject to weakness to be high priests, but
the word of the oath, which was taken after the law, appoints a son, who has
been made perfect forever.
All: Thanks be to God.
Alleluia – John 14:23
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Whoever loves me will keep my word, says the Lord; and my father will love him and we will come to him.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Gospel – Mark 12:28B-34
One of the scribes came to Jesus and asked him, “Which is the first of all the commandments?” Jesus replied, “The first is this: Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is Lord alone! You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. The second is this: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these.” The scribe said to him, “Well said, teacher. You are right in saying, ‘He is One and there is no other than he.’ And ‘to love him with all your heart, with all your understanding, with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself’ is worth more than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”
And when Jesus saw that he answered with
understanding, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And
no one dared to ask him any more questions.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
OFFERTORY HYMN
How
Excellent is Your Name
O Lord our Lord
How excellent Your name is
How excellent Your name in all the earth
Your glory fills the heaven
Beyond the farthest star
How excellent Your name in all the earth
When I think about the
heavens
The moons and all the stars
I wonder what You ever saw in me
But You took me and you loved me
And You've given me a crown
And now I'll praise Your name eternally
COMMUNION HYMN
Christ
is My Rock (Music only)
* Christ is my rock, my
refuge, my stronghold,
Firm as the tree's root that clutches the land.
He who has faith builds without worry, not like the man who builds upon sand.
I set my house on a solid foundation
Christ is my rock the root of my soul's recreation.
1. I know a man who
loved to live "free",
He pitched his tent by the side of the sea.
It stood near the surf and was washed by the spray
'Till one day a wave came and washed it away.
2. I know a man who
loved to live high.
He built his castle near up to the sky,
Through summer and spring it stood pretty well,
When winter winds whistled, it toppled and fell.
* Christ is my rock, my
refuge, my stronghold,
Firm as the tree's root that clutches the land.
He who has faith builds without worry, not like the man who builds upon sand.
I set my house on a solid foundation
Christ is my rock the root of my soul's recreation.
3. I know a man, a cool
one to know,
He built his house out of ice and of snow,
In chill isolation his night work was done,
But it melted away with the warm morning sun.
4. I know a man who
built out of straw,
The flimsiest fellow that I ever saw,
One day a spark set it to flame,
And nothing was left to remember his name.
* Christ is my rock, my
refuge, my stronghold,
Firm as the tree's root that clutches the land.
He who has faith, builds without worry,
Not like the man who builds upon sand,
I set my house on a solid foundation,
Christ is my rock, the root of my soul's recreation.
A
New Commandment (Music only)
A new commandment I
give unto you:
that ye love one another as I loved you,
that ye love one another as I loved you.
By this shall all know that ye are my disciples:
if ye have love one for another.
By this shall all know that ye are my disciples:
if ye have love one for another.
RECESSIONAL HYMN
Song
of Praise
1. For the morning
light we praise you,
for the splendour of the day,
for your faithful love and labour,
for the wisdom of Your way. *
* We rejoice in all
Your wonders,
give thanks to you alone.
With our hearts and hands we praise You.
as we make our journey home.
2. For the wind and
rain we praise You,
for the thunder of Your word,
for your rivers deep with mercy,
for the ocean’s farthest shore. *
3. For the hills of
green we praise You,
for the fields of golden grain,
every mountain clothed in glory,
every rock that bears Your name. *
4. For the peaceful
night we praise you,
for the quiet of your call,
every noble tree and flower,
every creature great and small *
5. For the breath of
life we praise you,
for the mystery of our birth,
for the gift of age and wisdom,
for the seasons of the earth. *
ENTRANCE HYMN
King of kings, Lord of Lords
Bright morning star
And through out eternity I'll sing your praises
And I'll reign with You throughout eternity
“Fear the LORD, your God, and keep, throughout the days of your lives, all his statutes and commandments which I enjoin on you, and thus have long life. Hear then, Israel, and be careful to observe them, that you may grow and prosper the more, in keeping with the promise of the LORD, the God of your fathers, to give you a land flowing with milk and honey. “Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD alone! Therefore, you shall love the LORD, your God, with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. I love you, Lord, my strength.
R. I love you, Lord, my strength.
R. I love you, Lord, my strength.
Extolled be God my savior. You who gave great victories to your king and showed kindness to your anointed.
R. I love you, Lord, my strength.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Whoever loves me will keep my word, says the Lord; and my father will love him and we will come to him.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
One of the scribes came to Jesus and asked him, “Which is the first of all the commandments?” Jesus replied, “The first is this: Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is Lord alone! You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. The second is this: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these.” The scribe said to him, “Well said, teacher. You are right in saying, ‘He is One and there is no other than he.’ And ‘to love him with all your heart, with all your understanding, with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself’ is worth more than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
How excellent Your name is
How excellent Your name in all the earth
Your glory fills the heaven
Beyond the farthest star
How excellent Your name in all the earth
The moons and all the stars
I wonder what You ever saw in me
But You took me and you loved me
And You've given me a crown
And now I'll praise Your name eternally
Firm as the tree's root that clutches the land.
He who has faith builds without worry, not like the man who builds upon sand.
I set my house on a solid foundation
Christ is my rock the root of my soul's recreation.
He pitched his tent by the side of the sea.
It stood near the surf and was washed by the spray
'Till one day a wave came and washed it away.
He built his castle near up to the sky,
Through summer and spring it stood pretty well,
When winter winds whistled, it toppled and fell.
Firm as the tree's root that clutches the land.
He who has faith builds without worry, not like the man who builds upon sand.
I set my house on a solid foundation
Christ is my rock the root of my soul's recreation.
He built his house out of ice and of snow,
In chill isolation his night work was done,
But it melted away with the warm morning sun.
The flimsiest fellow that I ever saw,
One day a spark set it to flame,
And nothing was left to remember his name.
Firm as the tree's root that clutches the land.
He who has faith, builds without worry,
Not like the man who builds upon sand,
I set my house on a solid foundation,
Christ is my rock, the root of my soul's recreation.
that ye love one another as I loved you,
that ye love one another as I loved you.
By this shall all know that ye are my disciples:
if ye have love one for another.
By this shall all know that ye are my disciples:
if ye have love one for another.
for the splendour of the day,
for your faithful love and labour,
for the wisdom of Your way. *
give thanks to you alone.
With our hearts and hands we praise You.
as we make our journey home.
for the thunder of Your word,
for your rivers deep with mercy,
for the ocean’s farthest shore. *
for the fields of golden grain,
every mountain clothed in glory,
every rock that bears Your name. *
for the quiet of your call,
every noble tree and flower,
every creature great and small *
for the mystery of our birth,
for the gift of age and wisdom,
for the seasons of the earth. *
Comments
Post a Comment