CTK English Mass – 22nd Sunday Ordinary Time (29 August 2021)
CTK English Mass – 22nd Sunday
Ordinary Time (29 August 2021)
ENTRANCE HYMN
Speak,
Lord
* Speak, Lord, I’m
listening,
Plant Your word down deep in me.
Speak, Lord, I’m listening,
Please show me the way.
1.
Sometimes my hear is slow to follow You,
Teach me to hear and
understand,
and I’m told the things You promise,
and I hope they all come true,
and I know what waits for those who wait
and put their trust in You. *
2.
Sometimes I stumble on my way to
Stretch out again Your
healing hand,
and I’m told the things You promise,
and I hope they all come true,
and I know what waits for those who wait
and put their trust in You. *
1st Reading – Deuteronomy 4:1-2, 6-8
Moses said to the people:
“Now, Israel, hear the statutes and decrees which I am teaching you to observe, that you may live, and may enter in and take possession of the land which the LORD, the God of your fathers, is giving you.
In your observance of the commandments of the LORD,
your God, which I enjoin upon you, you shall not add to what I command you nor
subtract from it. Observe them carefully, for thus will you give evidence of
your wisdom and intelligence to the nations, who will hear of all these
statutes and say, ‘This great nation is truly a wise and intelligent people.’
For what great nation is there that has gods so close
to it as the LORD, our God, is to us whenever we call upon him? Or what great
nation has statutes and decrees that are as just as this whole law which I am
setting before you today?”
All: Thanks be to God.
Responsorial Psalm – Psalms 15:2-3, 3-4,
4-5
R. The one who does justice will live in the presence of the Lord.
Whoever walks blamelessly and does justice;
who thinks the truth in his heart and slanders not with his tongue.
R. The one who does justice will live in the presence of the Lord.
Who harms not his fellow man, nor takes up a reproach
against his neighbor; by whom the reprobate is despised, while he honors those
who fear the LORD.
R. The one who does justice will live in the presence of the Lord.
Who lends not his money at usury and accepts no bribe
against the innocent. Whoever does these things shall never be disturbed.
R. The one who does justice will live in the presence of the Lord.
2nd Reading – James 1:17-18, 21B-22, 27
Dearest brothers and sisters:
All good giving and every perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no alteration or
shadow caused by change. He willed to give us birth by the word of truth that
we may be a kind of first fruits of his creatures. Humbly welcome the word that
has been planted in you and is able to save your souls. Be doers of the word
and not hearers only, deluding yourselves.
Religion that is pure and undefiled before God and the
Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their affliction and to keep
oneself unstained by the world.
All: Thanks be to God.
Alleluia – James 1:18
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
The Father willed to give us birth by the word of truth that we may be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Gospel – Mark 7:1-8, 14-15, 21-23
When the Pharisees with some scribes who had come from Jerusalem gathered around Jesus, they observed that some of his disciples ate their meals with unclean, that is, unwashed, hands.
For the Pharisees and, in fact, all Jews, do not eat
without carefully washing their hands, keeping the tradition of the elders. And
on coming from the marketplace they do not eat without purifying themselves.
And there are many other things that they have traditionally observed, the
purification of cups and jugs and kettles and beds. So the Pharisees and
scribes questioned him, “Why do your disciples not follow the tradition of the
elders but instead eat a meal with unclean hands?” He responded, “Well did
Isaiah prophesy about you hypocrites, as it is written: This people honors me
with their lips, but their hearts are far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching
as doctrines human precepts.
You disregard God’s commandment but cling to human
tradition.” He summoned the crowd again and said to them, “Hear me, all of you,
and understand. Nothing that enters one from outside can defile that person;
but the things that come out from within are what defile.
“From within people, from their hearts, come evil
thoughts, unchastity, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit,
licentiousness, envy, blasphemy, arrogance, folly. All these evils come from
within and they defile.”
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
OFFERTORY HYMN
God
is Dwelling in My Heart
* God is dwelling in my
heart He and I are one.
All His joy He gives to me through Christ His Son.
And with Jesus in my heart, what have I to fear?
For He is the Son of God, in my heart He is near
1. Christian who are baptised
have you ever realised;
The great mystery; God dwells in you and me. *
2. This joy God gave to
you, share it, then with others too.
Tell them that God is Love. Lift their hearts above. *
COMMUNION HYMN
My
God Loves Me (music only)
1. My God loves me.
His love will never end.
He rest within my heart for my God loves me.
2. His gentle hand.
He stretches over me,
Though storm-clouds threaten the day
He will set me free.
3. He comes to me
In sharing bread and wine.
He brings me life that will reach
past the end of time.
4. My God loves me,
His faithful love endures.
And I will live like a child
held in love secure.
You
Are Near (music only)
* Oh Lord, I know you
are near,
Standing always at my side,
You guard me from the foe,
And you lead me in ways ever lasting.
1. Lord, you have
search my heart,
and you know when I sit and when I stand;
Your hand is upon me, protecting me from death,
keeping me from harm. *
2. Where can I run from
Your love?
If I climb to the heavens you are there;
If I fly to the sunrise or sail beyond the sea,
still I’d find You there. *
3. You know my heart
and its ways,
You who formed me before I was born,
In the secret of darkness before I saw the sun,
In my mother’s womb. *
4. Marvellous to me are
Your works;
How profound are your thoughts, my Lord.
Even if I could count them, they number as the stars;
You would still be there. *
RECESSIONAL HYMN
Be
Not Afraid
1. You shall cross the
barren dessert,
but you shall not die of thirst.
You shall wander far in safety
though you do not know the way.
You shall speak your words in foreign lands
and all will understand.
You shall se the face of God and live. *
* Be not afraid. I go
before you always.
Come follow me, and I will give you rest.
2. If you pass through
raging waters in the sea,
you shall not drown.
If you walk amid the burning flames,
you shall not be harmed.
If you stand before the power of hell
and death is at your side,
know that I am with you through it all. *
3. Blessed are your
poor,
for the Kingdom shall be theirs
Blest are you that weep and mourn,
for one day you shall laugh.
And if wicked tongues insult and hate you all because of me,
Blessed, blessed are you! *
Plant Your word down deep in me.
Speak, Lord, I’m listening,
Please show me the way.
and I’m told the things You promise,
and I hope they all come true,
and I know what waits for those who wait
and put their trust in You. *
and I’m told the things You promise,
and I hope they all come true,
and I know what waits for those who wait
and put their trust in You. *
“Now, Israel, hear the statutes and decrees which I am teaching you to observe, that you may live, and may enter in and take possession of the land which the LORD, the God of your fathers, is giving you.
All: Thanks be to God.
R. The one who does justice will live in the presence of the Lord.
who thinks the truth in his heart and slanders not with his tongue.
R. The one who does justice will live in the presence of the Lord.
R. The one who does justice will live in the presence of the Lord.
R. The one who does justice will live in the presence of the Lord.
Dearest brothers and sisters:
All: Thanks be to God.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
The Father willed to give us birth by the word of truth that we may be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
When the Pharisees with some scribes who had come from Jerusalem gathered around Jesus, they observed that some of his disciples ate their meals with unclean, that is, unwashed, hands.
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
All His joy He gives to me through Christ His Son.
And with Jesus in my heart, what have I to fear?
For He is the Son of God, in my heart He is near
The great mystery; God dwells in you and me. *
Tell them that God is Love. Lift their hearts above. *
His love will never end.
He rest within my heart for my God loves me.
He stretches over me,
Though storm-clouds threaten the day
He will set me free.
In sharing bread and wine.
He brings me life that will reach
past the end of time.
His faithful love endures.
And I will live like a child
held in love secure.
Standing always at my side,
You guard me from the foe,
And you lead me in ways ever lasting.
and you know when I sit and when I stand;
Your hand is upon me, protecting me from death,
keeping me from harm. *
If I climb to the heavens you are there;
If I fly to the sunrise or sail beyond the sea,
still I’d find You there. *
You who formed me before I was born,
In the secret of darkness before I saw the sun,
In my mother’s womb. *
How profound are your thoughts, my Lord.
Even if I could count them, they number as the stars;
You would still be there. *
but you shall not die of thirst.
You shall wander far in safety
though you do not know the way.
You shall speak your words in foreign lands
and all will understand.
You shall se the face of God and live. *
Come follow me, and I will give you rest.
you shall not drown.
If you walk amid the burning flames,
you shall not be harmed.
If you stand before the power of hell
and death is at your side,
know that I am with you through it all. *
for the Kingdom shall be theirs
Blest are you that weep and mourn,
for one day you shall laugh.
And if wicked tongues insult and hate you all because of me,
Blessed, blessed are you! *
Comments
Post a Comment