CTK English Mass - 19th Sunday Ordinary Time (8 Aug 2021)

CTK English Mass - 19th Sunday Ordinary Time (8 Aug 2021)


ENTRANCE HYMN
 
As We Gather
 
As we gather, may Your Spirit work within us.
As we gather, may we glorify Your name.
Knowing well that as our hearts begin to worship
We’ll be blessed because we came,
We’ll be blessed because we came.
 
 
1st Reading – 1 Kings 19:4-8
Elijah went a day’s journey into the desert, until he came to a broom tree and sat beneath it. He prayed for death saying: “This is enough, O LORD! Take my life, for I am no better than my fathers.”
He lay down and fell asleep under the broom tree, but then an angel touched him and ordered him to get up and eat.
Elijah looked and there at his head was a hearth cake and a jug of water. After he ate and drank, he lay down again, but the angel of the LORD came back a second time, touched him, and ordered, “Get up and eat, else the journey will be too long for you!”
He got up, ate, and drank; then strengthened by that food, he walked forty days and forty nights to the mountain of God, Horeb.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
Responsorial Psalm – Psalms 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9
R. Taste and see the goodness of the Lord.
 
I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall be ever in my mouth. Let my soul glory in the LORD; the lowly will hear me and be glad.
R. Taste and see the goodness of the Lord.
 
Glorify the LORD with me. Let us together extol his name. I sought the LORD, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.
R. Taste and see the goodness of the Lord.
 
Look to him that you may be radiant with joy.
And your faces may not blush with shame.
When the afflicted man called out, the LORD heard, And from all his distress he saved him.
R. Taste and see the goodness of the Lord.
 
The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him and delivers them. Taste and see how good the LORD is; blessed the man who takes refuge in him.
R. Taste and see the goodness of the Lord.
 
 
2nd Reading – Ephesians 4:30-5:2
Brothers and sisters:
Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with which you were sealed for the day of redemption. All bitterness, fury, anger, shouting, and reviling must be removed from you, along with all malice. And be kind to one another, compassionate, forgiving one another as God has forgiven you in Christ.
So be imitators of God, as beloved children,
and live in love, as Christ loved us and handed himself over for us as a sacrificial offering to God for a fragrant aroma.
All: Thanks be to God.
 
 
Alleluia – John 6:51
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
I am the living bread that came down from heaven, says the Lord;
whoever eats this bread will live forever.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
 
 
Gospel – John 6:41-51
The Jews murmured about Jesus because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven, “ and they said, “Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph? Do we not know his father and mother? Then how can he say, ‘I have come down from heaven’?” Jesus answered and said to them, “Stop murmuring among yourselves.
No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draw him, and I will raise him on the last day. It is written in the prophets: They shall all be taught by God. Everyone who listens to my Father and learns from him comes to me. Not that anyone has seen the Father except the one who is from God; he has seen the Father. Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.
I am the bread of life. Your ancestors ate the manna in the desert, but they died; this is the bread that comes down from heaven so that one may eat it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world.”
All: Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ.
 
 
OFFERTORY HYMN
 
Spirit of the Living God
 
Spirit of the living God, fall afresh on me.
Spirit of the living God, fall afresh on me.
Break me, melt me, mould me, fill me.
Spirit of the living God, fall a fresh on me.
 
 
COMMUNION HYMN
 
I Am the Bread of Life (music only)
 
1. I am the bread of life, he who comes to Me shall not hungry
He who believes in Me shall not thirst. No one can come to Me, unless the Father beckon*
 
* And I will raise him up, and I will raise him up
And I will raise him up on the last day
 
2. I am the resurrection, I am the life
He who believes in Me even if he dies. He shall live forever *
 
3. Yes, Lord, I believe, that you are the Christ
The Son of God, who have come in-to the world*
 
 
Because He Lives (music only)
 
1. God sent His Son they called Him Jesus.
He came to love, heal and forgive;
He lived and died to buy my pardon.
An empty grave is there to prove my Saviour lives. *
 
* Because He lives I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives.
 
2. How sweet to hold a newborn baby
And feel the pride and joy he gives;
But greater still the calm assurance;
This child can face uncertain days because He lives. *
 
3. And then one day I’ll cross the river.
I’ll fight life’s final war with pain;
And then, as death gives way to victory.
I’ll see the lights of glory and I’ll know He lives. *
 
 
RECESSIONAL HYMN
 
Blest Are They
 
1. Blest are they, the poor in spirit,
Theirs is the kingdom of God.
Blest are they full of sorrow,
They shall be consoled. *
 
* Rejoice! And be glad!
Blessed are you, holy are you,
Rejoice! And be glad! Yours the kingdom of God!
 
2. Blest are they, the lowly ones,
They shall inherit the earth.
Blest are they who hunger and thirst;
They shall have their fill. *
 
3. Blest are they who show mercy,
Mercy shall be theirs.
Blest are they, the pure of heart,
They shall see God! *

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOOD FRIDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) 3 April 2026

HOLY THURSDAY 2026 (St. Margaret Parish Hall) (2 April 2026)

CTK English Mass - The Nativity of the Lord (24 Dec 2025)